1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

MOving from one state to another any experiences

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sakich, Oct 9, 2007.

1. sakich

sakich New IL'ite

Hi
    Wanted to check if anyone has moved from one state to another and has any kind of god or bad experience with their movers. I am trying to move from California to Washington. I tried the net to get quotes. But on some sites i also read about scams in this field where they quote you some price and then charge you a very high price at delivery or else you do not get your stuff till the amount is paid, and the law agencies cannot do anyting on this matter. Anyone with any experiences please reply.
    Thanks

2. krupa

krupa New IL'ite

Hi,

I moved from California to Oregon 2 years back. The Company were my husband works recommended some movers. We got the quotes from 3 moving companies and we picked one from that.

We arranged movers who also did the packing. They did a real good job, but they were bit expensive but it made our moving (from one state to another state ) relatively easy. All our stuff were delivered in proper condition and in proper time . We didn't have any bad experience in moving but it is difficult.

Just sharing my experience.

regards,

Krupa.

3. sreekulu

sreekulu New IL'ite

My husband's company wanted us to get 3 quotes when we moved from Fl to MN. We got quotes from United vanlines,Mayflower and one other company. They chose to go wtih United vanlines. Their service was very good and everything arrived intact.

4. Revathi

Revathi Senior IL'ite

hi krupa,

can u tell me the mover name please,it'll be very helpful to me.:wave

5. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

Hi dear ladies

Moving across states is not only about packing, loading and unloading :hiya
    you might have to take care of a number of other aspects that would change - like the climate, driving rules, sales tax etc...
    happy moving and take care!
    Charu..