1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moving from CA to NC - Need Help

Discussion in 'Indians in Cincinnati' started by anitha_iyer, May 14, 2009.

1. anitha_iyer

anitha_iyer New IL'ite

Hello,
    We are a young family moving from SoCAL to Morrisville (RTP) in NC. I have a 3 yr old daughter whom i need to enroll in a preschool.

Are there any Ilites from Morrisville? Could somebody post some of the good preschools/montessories in Morrisville. How are the community programs there?

How is the commutation from Morrisville to Cary? I dont drive so - how is the public transportation in Wake county?

Please help!

Valli

2. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

Hi Valli,

Welcome to Morrisville! I live in Morrisville. And Morrisville happens to be the town with intellectuals. It is in the heart of RTP and most of the desis who work in RTP live here. There are good schools to send your kids too. Let me know where exactly you are planning to live, house or apartment etc..

Also there is not much public transportation but there are some buses that go from Morrisville to Cary and such places. I will try to get info from my colleagues tomorrow.

When are you coming down?

3. anitha_iyer

anitha_iyer New IL'ite

Hello Amallela,
    Tnx for the reply . We did some research and found out that NC - esply Durham,Raleigh and Chapel hill areas are filled with Desis. So i am comforted by the fact. But still apprehensive about the move. We have been here for a year and a half, so familiar with relocation process.

We will be there on 27th of May. We r looking for apartments as of now. Coming from california - 2-3 bedroom apts seems like mansions to us :)) and finding them at <$1000 is pure joy!We googled apts online and have a few prefrences. Have listed them according to my order of preference.
    Let me know which one is the best choice and/or if there are better ones.
    Crabtree crossing at preston
    Bexley at Brier Creek
    Southern Oaks at Davis Park
    Bridges at wind river
    Oaks at weston
    The Marquis on Cary Parkway
    CrossTimbers
    Carrington parks

The ONLY thing I am worried for is my daughters schooling. The place i live in right now has plenty of community programs and preschools - ranging that start from as less as $300 a month. I dont drive - so i was able to manage with all these until now.

I searched the community programs in Morrisville- there were'nt many. I looked for programs from parks/zoo there - dont see any. And the preschools i called charged a minimum of $850 a month.:rant

I don't know if i sound a little negative - but my main problem is that i cant drive to save my life. i m very scared to drive. So im constrained to look for programs within Morrisville. I am aware about the programs in Cary and Raleigh- they r more or less like the ones here and the preschools are much more affordable.

So i want to know which schools are best ones and if there are any other options. I know i will have to learn driving. But thats going to take a couple of months. So i am looking for options until then. Otherwise my daughter will drive me crazy :))

I think i have said (more than)enough about me. How about you - how long have u been here and how many kids do you have? BTW - whats ur name-or how do i address u?

Anyways - im very glad to have ur acquaintance. Who knows, May be we will bump into each other some day - its a small world! Else we can stay in touch thru IL!

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  4. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

Hey Anitha,

Sorry for not getting back to you on this one. I feel so guilty about it as I completely forgot about it. Did you move already to this place? You can PM me for any issues.

Aruna