1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Quotes That I Love

Discussion in 'Movies' started by HakunaMatata, Mar 31, 2018.

1. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

I love to watch english movies. Some movies gives us amazing quotes, which I used to think during my problematic times. Sometimes it helped to take decision, sometimes it encouraged me to move on my path.

I thought to share it with you also.

2. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

Today I watched ratatouille in star movies.
    This movie I loved to watch many times.

My fav lines : "Not anyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere."

Many times I felt bad that I got ended up marrying a conservative thinking person, but this quotes gives a positive hope that even though I m in a locked room, I can see the world through this internet. He can lock my physical body, but no one can lock my growth, unless until I stop it. A talented person can emerge from anywhere.

3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Few good men: You can't handle the truth

Col. Jessup: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, *saves lives*. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a *damn* what you think you are entitled to!

And Tom Cruise had no chance in hell before Jack Nicholson! What a performance by Jack Nicholson!

4. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

The first time when I watch this movie in TV, I happen to see from this last court scene. Even though I don't know the story, this scene makes me to watch till the end.

Naari likes this.
  5. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

Maid in Manhattan:
    Sometimes we are forced in to directions we ought to have found ourselves.
    –Lionel Bloch

This is so true for me in many times. I have to come out of my comfortable zone, to improve/find myself. Sometimes it takes me lot of thinking before action, sometimes it is taken at the time of action.

Sandycandy likes this.
  6. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Love this movie for Jack Nicholson’s splendid acting and powerful dialogue delivery....

Naari, Sandycandy and HakunaMatata like this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Naari +1 one of my favorite ones too. never tire watching this movie.

Naari, Sandycandy and HakunaMatata like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@HakunaMatata nice thread..some dialogues leave a impact so strong..

“Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”

chris gardener in “the pursuit of happyness”

a wonderful movie that me and my son have watched repeatedly..

ILoveTulips, Naari, GoneGirl and 2 others like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

these hit the spot everytime i feel low

”Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.”
    rocky in rocky balboa

“I know what I have to do now. I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?”

- tom hanks in cast away..

ILoveTulips, Naari, Deborah and 2 others like this.
  10. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Gold IL'ite

Yes, for me, some movies quotes leaves a huge impact than reading philosophy book.

So lovely:blush:

Sandycandy likes this.