1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Moved to US in H4 - want to know what is ITIN?

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by vbhatt, Feb 14, 2008.

1. vbhatt

vbhatt New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I have just moved to US on H4 - Living n NJ. I have few questions if you can help answer.

1.) What is ITIN ? and how to get it ?

2.) I have been married for 3 years and I have been working since past 8 years now I want to start my family but haveheard that medical treatments for delevering here are very expensive is it true ? We have a insurance from my husbands company but I dont know if it would cover for the pregnancy...which are good hospitals to go to near Exchange place ? Also are there any good Gynec around I am having prob with ovulation...I want to visit one please help ! Thanks a lot !

I would appreciate all the help! thanks!

2. Neeti

Neeti New IL'ite

Re: help

Hi vbhatt '
    Welcome to IL forum.
    For ITIN check this out TIN numbers for Tax purpose, ITIN number.

Second thing delivering a baby in US is expensive but if your insurance is covered you will have to co pay only .In my case 80% precent was paid by insurance and we paid only 20% that was somewhat around $2500.that is only delivery and hospital charges .
    If you are having ovulation trouble you must visit the doctor .Because I had problem of irregular period and that took almost year in getting pregnant.Go to your insurance site and search your health care provider .and then call their office to fix an appointment . first time I got appointment 25 days.

Good luck

3. vbhatt

vbhatt New IL'ite

Re: help

Hi
    Thanks a lot for your info !...Will have to do that check on the insurance policy and than seek a doc! Thanks once again.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008