Move "careers" To The Top Level Under Topical Forums?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by sokanasanah, Feb 10, 2018.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Errrrr .... ahem .... perhaps it ought to be a woman? You and I know that they are frail and weak and need a man to take care of them, and tell 'em what to do, but they don't know that! I think we should continue to let them pretend. Don't tell anyone I said that!! They might get all emotional and whatnot. :wink1::lol:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Soka: Perhaps, it ought to be a woman? You and I know that they are frail and weak and need a man to take care of them, but they don't know that! I think we should continue to let them pretend. Don't tell anyone I said that!! They might get all emotional and whatnot.

Gauri: How dare you say that Dr. S? We have been extraordinarily nice to men in this forum despite this being a women's forum?

Rihana: There is precedence men were allowed to be the moderators of this forum. It doesn't mean women in IL are frail and weak.

Jey: Let us stick to the topic of where "Career" related posts belong? Dr. S, you still didn't answer my question whether is it a "Yes" you said earlier? Your answer is still a puzzle to me!

Soka: Women belong to an extraordinary category with special needs, but they don't know that!

Viswa: :thinking:

3. Viswamitra

Career, Entrepreneurship, Life/Work Balance, Wealth Management, etc. are big enough topics for women to deserve a separate Forum. If it is setup separately, all other posts buried under different Forums will automatically move to this single Forum.

Viswa

4. sokanasanah

Well, Viswa, if you insist on explanations for my jokes :confused::
    I was kidding - in Stephen Colbert mode. Just as he parodies the right-wing echo chamber by adopting the persona of an uber-republican, I was parodying the Indian Man of IL heartaches by becoming one.:lol:

@Jey: It's best that a woman moderate a women's "Career & Getting Ahead" forum - else, mansplaining becomes an ever-present danger. If I have anything useful to say in response to a query, more likely than not, I'll probably say it.

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

I understood your joke very well from the tone of your earlier post. It is my attempt to write an Ira-styled conversation as a joke that failed miserably. :(

V

sokanasanah likes this.
  6. sokanasanah

Maybe not 'failed' - I just get nervous - if it appears as if you didn't get it then ought I to prepare for a barrage? .... :yikes::lol:

Viswamitra likes this.