1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Motivating or Moti Waiting?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 28, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks VJB. Of course, I have to think up some solution for the problems I and my sisters-in-suffering go through. I might be moti, but not selfish, not at all, I can assure you. :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Oh no you are not shell fish but indeed a exploring one for in snippets forum you are everywhere:thumbsup

3. adismom

adismom Bronze IL'ite

Hi Satchi

Your piece was hilarious .I can relate to it since I gained a lot of weight after I had my DS and the same people who used to say before' itni dubli kyo ho,kuch khane ko nahi milta kya'(why are you so thin ,dont you get anything to eat) started giving helpful comments abouts how I could lose weight.In other words,I was always either too thin or too fat for them:rant

But it took me a long time to dispose of my 'pre-weight gain' clothes.In fact I always believed I could somehow wriggle into them till the day I actually tried to do it with a fab shirt that I had.I was exhilarated when I managed to fit into it(though I thought I heard some slight ripping sound in the process) but much to my dismay,I couldnt get out of it and literally got stuck in it.My DS immediately sensed my tension and started wailing(he was around 1 yr old) plus my hubby was about to get home any second from office.shakehead

Finally after a few very anxious filled moments,I managed to get it off me(this time I both heard the ripping sound as well as as saw where the threads had come off from the sides)Anyway even after that all hope was not lost and only after hanging on to that shirt for a couple more years did I finally throw it away.

Just thought I would share this ..

Anyway,just wanted to tell you I really enjoyed your post.

4. satchitananda

Adismom, thanks for sharing your experience. I know that feeling so well. Every time I open my cupboard and look at my dresses which fitted me once upon a time, I feel really miserable. I wish I could work some magic and get back into them once again.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

From the time this post was nominated to FP (And oh..congratulations on that!!), I have been wanting to read it! Today was my lucky day and I kept laughing aloud while reading it. No,no, I am not laughing at you, but, because of you.

You do have a knack with words and humor simply seems to be an integral part of you. The way you have played around with 'motivate' is really superb and all of us are waiting for more from you to motivate us and some motis too are waiting, nevermind the weight. :)

I am wondering if I should really take Cheeniyasir's words seriously and believe that '90% of the laughter and mirth in the world is attributed to the physically well endowed humans.'? Whatever the truth may be, we are what we are. Black-white, tall-short, fat-thin should not matter. What really matters is how loving and lovable a person is.

I am already in love with your writings and only a lovely person can write so lovingly! And I am glad that there is 'more' of you to love, figuratively(pun very much intended!) and literally! I see a row of nominations for your posts this month. Jai Ho Satchi! :thumbsup

L, Kamla

satchitananda likes this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sushi,

Enjoyed your narration too!! Loved the way how aathe aathe athe turned into haathi'!!

L, Kamla

7. satchitananda

Thanks so much Kamla. It's always a delight to read your notes here. I certainly love to believe Cheeniya Sir's contention that 90% of the mirth in the world is attributed to "mote log". I shall be happy if more people laugh because of me. :)

8. iluvpeace

iluvpeace Senior IL'ite

Dear Satchi

If you don't rule your Taste buds,Taste buds will role upon you,isn't it?hahaha.....That was a nice one.You put them well and right :)

Safe camping !

Pinky

9. satchitananda

Thanks Pinky. Have been camping since decades now with no mishaps. Trim or tum, I always live in tents. :)

10. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Wow, a very nice post Satchi, could totally relate to it :thumbsup

I was what you call 'underweight' until early twenties and my mom has shed a lot of tears because I hated food and every relative coming to our house used to blame her for my thin physique(that she was not feeding me properly). She made me eat ice creams, nuts, everyday, everything to make me put on some weight and nothing worked. I snacked a lot, I could eat 3 to 4 big packets of potato chips everyday and still not gain even a single pound the whole month and was mostly close to size 0 :banana

Fast forward, many years later, I dont have to eat anything, just look at it or breathe the aroma and it would add a few pounds immediately :hide:
    If there is anything that I would like to change in this life/birth, it would be the 'fat gene' in my body :bonk