Mothers Should Not Wear Makeup!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Sep 7, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

The above was a topic in "NEEYA NAANA" meaning "YOU or ME",a tamil talk show between young girls and their mothers..

All the girls will be below 25 claimed they hated their mothers or women who were older wearing makeup and dressing in a way trying to look young.Many did not want their moms to look more prettier than them.They do not want them to even wear lipstick or dye their hair.According to them 40 is the age to stop dressing.Even jeans should not be allowed.They even said they will comment of women who are wearing makeup when they get older.

I was actually aghast.Not becoz of the dressing or makeup,but the thought process is no good.We all talk about feminism and other things but there is no"live and let live" attitude.If they are not able to tolerate even the most basic things like makeup/clothes,then talk about the rest of things..future of the world lies in their hands..

Anyways,try watching the episode..it is good.

SGBV, Lady1, guesshoo and 9 others like this.

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I will watch the show.

I'm surprised to read what you wrote, I thought girls always wanted their mom to be upto date and modern and look pretty.

When I was in my teenage, I was mad that my mom for not dressing up properly, She would wear saree as if there is a flood and I hated it. She will not wear matching blouse ( the exact blue, for her as long as it is a blue, it was fine ) and stuff like that. She used to wear gopi pottu ( long Bindhi ) which was fashion when she was young and It was a tug war between us as I wanted her to be up to date. . Eventually, I won and now she wears round bindhi.

Now my teenage daughter ask me to wear nice dresses and she tells me what suits me what not suits me and she also want me to dress up better than what I wear now. Now that I have became mom, I also wear non matching stuff and she ask me to change. I like to take her for shopping as she suggest latest fashion.

Just started watching the show, I think he picked only insecure girls:)

rachaputi, periamma, minn1 and 3 others like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

True justanothermom, even I always loved to see my mom dress up.she is a beautiful women and all my friends used to compliment her a lot and also say she looks prettier.I was so proud.Maybe I will tease my mom saying my friends are blind but inside I always look up to my mom as an inspiration and loved the compliments she used to get.Infact,I tell her to wear western clothes in USA when she comes(she sticks to sarees and chudhidhars)

I am surprised seeing the show..The thoughts were so backward..
    Anyways,enjoy watching the show dear

periamma and minn1 like this.
  4. JustAnotherMom

I'm more than half way done. I don't even feel like to continue.

KashmirFlower and anika987 like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Oh what happened?

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I don't plan to watch, but from what you describe these girls sound like the second coming of the Taliban and ISIS.
    The producers should sponsor a makeover for all the moms on that show, and the young women should have their mouths rinsed out with soap. Who would have thought one's own daughters would turn out to be their MILs? :grin:

7. JustAnotherMom

I did not like. I did not like the comment the girl made about her mom about being whistled at the age of 40.
    These girls talk as if at the age of 40, our life is over. I believe life actually start at 40.
    I got married at 20, my 20's and early 30's all were running behind kids and house work, I just started to have time for myself again to be me , I bet its the same for most of these mom also. I don't know what these jealousy on their own mom. I mean, they don't even want mom to wear a dark color lipstick.

The lady said is so right, They look modern, but the thoughts are very backwards.

Manojs, periamma, anika987 and 2 others like this.
  8. JustAnotherMom

Totally!!!

vaidehi71 likes this.
  9. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

And the most atrocious part is giving away prize to the girl who made the most weirdest comments that men will look at her Mom in an obscene way.. hopi just made a stmt that Neeya naa a..though not endorsing the view is rewarding the girl for stubbornness.

I can't believe that these girls can think of their own Moms as competition. And one of those girls ensured that her Mom wiped her makeup and lipstick.. I thought that girl had inferiority complex and J that her elder sis and Mom bond well..

10. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

I too watched the show and was irritated with the attitude of daughters. One woman rightly pointed out that though they think "they are modern girls" they are actually very backward in thought process! I couldn't agree more!!!

I also got really irritated when one girl said, even my dad doesn't like make up and even me, then why my mom has to dress up and for whom? Really?? Isn't she an individual with her own likes ,dislikes, emotion etc?

I can agree they get irritated when their stuff is used by mom's but all the rest was total BS. Dont know if they will have the same attitude when they become mothers

guesshoo and anika987 like this.