1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mothers Of 2-3 Year Olds

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by uthra, Jul 2, 2007.

1. meenanarrain

meenanarrain New IL'ite

hey uthra,
    it's wonderful to know that i am not alone.I have a 28 month old boy and he is as naughty as he is adorable.I think kids these days are very different from earlier days.Maybe it's also got to do with ur lifestyle.It's all part and parcel.Among my sons friends he is the naughtiest.I feel my parents are responsible for his tantrums to an extent.my mom can't bear to c him cry and my dad would do anything he says.so in total i have 3 kids to handle:) .these little tornadoes know exactly how to get their way.
    Dhksh(thats my son)started school this june.initially he had a problem as he was not used to staying away from me,but now hes doing very well.about his eating habits,hes not very fussy nor is he a very good eater.he likes cornflakes with milk,chapatis,wheat dosas and manages to eat dal and rice too.he like fish and chicken a lot though.
    the thing the worris me a lot is that he has this habit of hitting other kids, for no reason at all.it is very embrassing when i am out and he behaves like that.can somebody help me on this.
    apart from everything we should understand that these r little kids and can't expect them to behave and understand like adults.
    we should enjooy their childhood as we will never get these moments back.

2. meenanarrain

meenanarrain New IL'ite

hey uthra,
    this is a wonderful idea.
    my son Dhksh is 28 months old and as naughty as he is adorable.I think this generation kids are mostly naughty.i guess its all part and parcel.I too find it very difficult and tiring sometimes.
    he just started school in june.initially he refused to go as he was not used to staying without me but hes doing pretty good now.
    about his eating habits he is neither a very poor eater nor a very good eater.he eats cornflakes,chapatis,wheat dosas,rice and dal and chicken and fish are his favourites.
    something i learnt as a mother - never worry too much .learn to enjoy these special moments with ur child .they will never ever come back.:)
    (that does not mean u should not discipline them,but let them be children)

3. meenanarrain

meenanarrain New IL'ite

oops.looks like i posted 2 messages.sorry about that.this is my first post.

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friends,
    my son samar is going to be 3 this mth end.he is going to a playway since march & loves it.
    he loves books very much even puts them under pillow when going to sleep.these days he wants to listen to a tory( as he call it) everytime he wants goes to sleep.so i make them up.
    basically he is very well behaved & generally obeys me. but he is a fussy eater & i have to feed him myself.he does finishes his lunch at school .his favourite is noodles & pasta ,so i send these in lunch once a week.i add lots of veg as this way he eats the vegs without fuss.also i try to make him eat atleast one fruit a day.
    each day is magic with him as now i have relearned to see same old things anew with his eyes.

5. uthra

uthra Junior IL'ite

a warm welcome to the new subscirbers to this thread
    honeytha
    manjumnair
    jananikrithsan
    balamotwani
    meenanarrain
    mahajanpragati.
    the write up about your kids were really great and wonderful to read
    and as one member said we could relearn to see old things afresh thru our kids eyes

6. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

hi freinds i am happy to know that i am not the only one with a naughty restless full of energy little boy Ahmad .he will be 2 this month.i am still facing problems feeding him .he does not eat rice as it is but i have to grind it to a semisolid consistency similar is the with bananas.the only thing he loves is milk. He does not like eggs ,spicy food, roti.if given a roti he chews and spit it out.will sending to aplayschool help him?help

7. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi all moms,

It's nice to read about active and smart toddlers. Mine is 2 yrs 8 months and extremely naughty. From the moment he wakes up he actually manages me. It's sometimes soooo difficult to manage him I cry. He watches cartoon but he can't sit in one place for long time. He always wants to know what I'm doing and be part of it. I have to most of the times shout at him coz even simple tasks like cooking, hanging clothes etc., becomes a huge challenge. But otherwise he's a very caring and sensible boy. He does scream and say no to everything but at bed time we kind of talk about the day (he still doesn't talk like adults but can pretty much express his thoughts) and I tell him what all he did made me unhappy because they were a bit dangerous things for his age. He says sorry etc., but ofcourse the same thing continues the next day. I hope one day he'll understand...

He goes to a nursery in the afternoons (it's very difficult to find a place here) and has picked up a lot of German since he joined (3 months). At home we speak to him in Tamil and english... he mixes all three languages but we never reply to him in German. I think that's important to make them understand that we speak differently at home. He goes to bed at 8-8.30 and is an early riser. He prefers to eat by himself; though messy we encourage that because once you start spoon-feeding then it's very tough to get them back to eating by themselves.

In reply to another ILite's question on joining nursery and clashing nap time.... my boy is also used to a nap after lunch but ever since joining nursery he has to skip that. He found it a bit tough in the beginning sleeping on our way home and getting up middle of night. But now he's fine. On week-ends too we try n make him nap before lunch so he doesn't get confused. This is the right time to get them skip day nap since once they start kindergarden they'll be used to that routine.

8. babyraji

babyraji Silver IL'ite

hi all
    iam a mom of 2.5 yr old.how much water shld a kid of this age b made to drink.pls pour in some suggestions

raji

9. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

My daughter is 2.2months old now ,almost potty trained. Im moving to USA in a couple of months. I want to ask the moms there do you make your toddlers wear training pants always bcos of the carpet or are you kids fully potty trained.
    Give me some ideas as to how to go about it. Im looking forward to join her in a playgroup and is it necessary for her to be fully potty trained .
    Pls guide.

10. humerarouf

humerarouf Senior IL'ite

hi mommies,my little ahmad has changed a lot since my last post.He is 2.5 now, goes to a day care happily(gave a tough time initially),can eat a banana on his own, takes chapati for breakfast and is completly potty trained no more bulky diapers underneath his pants.However I have not been able to take him off bottle ,any suggestions?