1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mothers-in-law, Dinosaurs And Actor Ajith - Varalotti In The US 5

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    so you are into new tactics to draw more ILiites to your forum, aren't you? But I admit that it was rather curious to see MIL-dinos and Ajith in the same post. No wonder all were curious.
    Anyway, it was thought provoking and humbling too. I guess members who wish to lament about the ways of their MILs would think twice now.
    My mother says that mil came some years before the dil to that house, so why should they have any enemity between them?
    Hope you have enough time to attend to the work too, the way you are spending your time for us!

2. preethi27

preethi27 Senior IL'ite

Thank You very much. It is really nice to interact people like you. Expecting your next post!!

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My, My,

What a response, ladies! I was overwhelmed. I was moved. I was touched. Thanks a lot.

Permit me to play with the mils one more time. This time we will have mils, kidneys and airport trolleys.

Weird? Marketing Gimmick?

Why don't you find it for yourself in this Saturdays With Varalotti thread?

love,

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Nice article....

Synopsis - MIL = Dinosaur, Spits fire and keep shouting, eats the happiness of the DIL, In order to survive the DIL has to kill the MIL....Dinosaur = Kamalhasan = MIL ; Ajith = DIL..... So Ajith has to eliminate Kamal for his success...... :2thumbsup: Sorry for disecting ur beautiful article in such a bad manner....

Dear Sir, can I request you to come to the year 2007 and not in the yester years.... The concept of MIL/DIL living together and fighting days are gone..... The basic requirements for a girl to marry a boy has changed a lot.... The moment the boy is married the parents of the boy has to forget him and remove his name from the family attendence register.....

Things are slowly changing.... It is no more MIL Vs DIL.... It is nowadays MIL Vs SIL (Son in Law).... The poor son has to decide between the MIL/FIL and his mother/father.... Sorry.... I am not writing this for the sake of writing..... I have seen some of my close friends who are suffering and one person ended up in divorce....

Veda

5. varalotti

Dear Veda,

Nice article....

This is about the only statement in your post which I fully accept without any reservation

Synopsis - MIL = Dinosaur, Spits fire and keep shouting, eats the happiness of the DIL, In order to survive the DIL has to kill the MIL....Dinosaur = Kamalhasan = MIL ; Ajith = DIL..... ..... :2thumbsup:
    Well, Veda, I tried really hard but could not accept this dissective synopsis. I never said anybody has to kill anybody. If at all a synopsis has to be written for my article, it is like this: A dil should accept mil's age, experience and wisdom and particularly her survival capabilities which has been there for so long. Only when a dil knows her mil's real strength, can she plan a peaceful co-existence. I just cautioned the young ladies not to take their mils for granted.

So Ajith has to eliminate Kamal for his success.
    I need to just rewrite your statement with a small correction.
    So Ajith has to emulate Kamal for his success.
    Here emulation does not mean a mere imitation of his methods, but following his qualities.

Sorry for disecting ur beautiful article in such a bad manner....

Apology accepted with thanks.

Dear Sir, can I request you to come to the year 2007 and not in the yester years.... The concept of MIL/DIL living together and fighting days are gone..... The basic requirements for a girl to marry a boy has changed a lot.... The moment the boy is married the parents of the boy has to forget him and remove his name from the family attendence register.....

Things are slowly changing.... It is no more MIL Vs DIL.... It is nowadays MIL Vs SIL (Son in Law).... The poor son has to decide between the MIL/FIL and his mother/father.... Sorry.... I am not writing this for the sake of writing..... I have seen some of my close friends who are suffering and one person ended up in divorce....

I think Veda mil problem is still out there as you could see from the number of posts in this site.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

sridhar

6. varalotti

Re: This Wednesdays Post

Most Gracious ILites,

We have had enough of mils, dils, dinos and even of trolleys and kidneys. So let's do something practical this week.

I have developed some hints for the lovely, loving Indian grandparents raring to go to the US to see their children and their children's children.

I observed quite a lot of Indian people. I became friends with a few old people who are visiting. My frank discussions with them helped me prepare this post.

But I am afraid that I may be wrong too. So I request you to please correct me, offer suggestions so that at the end of our discussion we will have something to show to those wonderful grandparents who are planning to visit the US.

Love,

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

A very nice article as usual from Varalotti. But I am a fan of Ajith and feel he has brought some fresh blood to tamil films. No doubt Kamal is an institution of excellence in acting.Being a fan I would prefer Ajith movie anytime.

8. varalotti

Dear Chocolate,
    I am sorry if I had hurt your feelings by slightly degrading Ajith. I too am an Ajith's fan. I loved his superb acting in Vaali. I had great confidence in him. But subsequently his selection of stories was awful.
    In fact at one time I just wanted to send one of my novels to Ajith asking him to do the lead role. Well, you know what they do to unsolicited stories.
    Any way, Chocolate, I used Ajith as just a metaphor.

BTW, how did you choose this user name? Is it because you love chocolates a lot? I am myself a chocoholic.

regards,

9. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the response. First of all let me tell you ,I am also a great fan of your writing.
    Please do not apologize.I was merely mentioning the fact that ,I will take an Ajith movie anytime compared to Kamal's.Although,I loved Kamal in some of his movies.I could make out the use of Ajith as a metaphor.Being a Ajith fan ,I try to support his acting as much as possible. He is just doing the typical masala movies as wanted by public.Being abroad for some time,even a masala movie is a good movie.Although ,I should say loved Ajit in Varalaru.

Sending your novel to Ajith will be an excellent idea.If it gets to Ajith ,I think he will jump to doing a movie on it.

I am a die hard chocoholic.So,It was my first choice of my username.nice to know we have that in common.If you are in US now,please do visit Godiva.Its a paradise to all chocoholics.

PS:Sorry for all the grammatical mistakes. I am still recovering from that fact that i am replying to one of my favourite writers.

10. varalotti

Dear Chocolate,

Nice to know that you like my writing. I am now writing a new serial now in IL called the HE. You may click the links below my signature to read the story. Let me know what do you think of it. You can even visualise Ajith acting in one of the lead roles.

There are may actors who are spoiling their careers because they do not know how to select a good story.

I can't send my story to him just like that. You know, chocolate, the stories you send unsolicited to them, are either thrown away or ruthlessly copied.

Cheran's film Autograph was a story of my writer friend Perezhil Kumaran in Coimbatore. Cheran and co, shamelessly copied it. They did not even give credit to the original author, let alone pay him money. My friend went up in arms against him. Fortunately Director Bhagyaraj intervened and got him some money.

I will be happy if my stories are read by people who love good writing. To me an ILite saying that my story is good is like winning an Oscar.

I had to restrict myself as far as chocolates are concerned, because my wife is constantly complaining that I am gaining weight and growing a tummy.
    Even if I eat ice cream I go for the chocolate favour.
    regards,
    sridhar
    PS: Don't bother about the grammar mistakes. Of course there were none that I could find out. When the heart writes its words, no mistakes are bound to be there.