1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mothers-in-law, Dinosaurs And Actor Ajith - Varalotti In The US 5

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Sep 19, 2007.

1. GayathriSundar

GayathriSundar Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,
    This is as usual a thought provoking post from you!

"So far in terms of longevity they have us beat at least 25 times over."
    I believe the dinosaurs will continue to hold their record of outliving humans as we are slowly and surely digging a huge grave for ourselves - what with pollution of all sorts, etc.

The following sentence in your post arrested my eyes for some time:
    'And then God in Her infinite wisdom thought that it was high time that Varalotti learns his next lesson.'
    Is God a She because you are posting to a site where the members are mostly women? I wonder what made you chose that pronoun!
    Regards
    Gayathri

2. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

Sridhar sir,
    that was a lovely write up!!i admire the way you took 3 remote ideas and wove it into a beautiful write up!very good food for thought too!!waiting for more from you.
    vidhya.

3. preethi27

preethi27 Senior IL'ite

Sri,

Very nice article. Again U have proved Ur talents. I felt that, I was also watching the Dinasaur 3D show in Seattle. Excellent write up :2thumbsup: Good comparison. Hope everyone will understand (including me).

Thanks for remainding us of our powerful brain!!

Preethi

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sujatha,

thanks.

When the label on the box matches exactly with the contents inside it is no marketing gimmick. A marketing gimmick happens if some one shows the picture of Aishwarya Rai as the girl to be married but on the day of marriage, they bring some one like Bindhu Gosh to the stage. I think I showed you Aishwarya Rai's pic on the label and also pulled her real-self from out of the box. Didn't I?

Your comment about Ajith is perfectly right. He was one actor whom many thought will come up like anything. But during the last two, three years, he's been failing movie after movie. I think he has many flatterers with him and no real advisors.

This facet brings out the lesson of the thread with greater force. Persons like MGR, Shivaji Rajni and Kamal survived so long because some where in the middle of the course they found that they were doing wrong roles, made course corrections and moved over to what they knew could do best. Rajni is so careful in role-selection that I can say it is his greatest strength. Ajith will do well to learn from the giants of yester years.

As I told in my jet-lag thread (V in the US 3) we should not underestimate the 'enemy'. Winning over a mil with love requires hundred times more intelligence than winning her over in war. If this fact is known upfront many dils can lead happy lives with their mils.

thanks sujatha once again,
    sridhar

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  5. varalotti

Dear Shanthi,

Not only I Shanthi, every one of us has to be constantly in a learning and discovering mode. That is the only productive mode to be in and given our complex life-styles that's the only sure survival technique.
    These statements are amply vindicated by your own motto (which you have chosen for your signature)
    Just when i think i have learnt the way to live, life changes.

When life changes so fast, one has to be constantly on a learning mode.

With regard to dinosaurs, I am convinced that they were given a fair chance and I am even more convinced that they made the best use of the chance given to them. Other wise they could not have survived for 130 million years, the longest time a specie of such size as dinosaurs ever survived.

Our parents automatically set a default standard for us. And we unconsciously measure up our in-laws against that standards, and that's why they look so bad to us. If we approach them with an open mind thinking that one's mil is just one's friend's mother, then we will be a little more tolerant of their idiosyncracies.

Yes, Shanthi, I have understood not only what you wrote in those lines, but also what you wrote in between those lines.

I am perplexed why a mil should behave in that fashion? I think I have some insights here, which I will make it into a separate post.
    thanks for the post and for the participation, shanthi.
    regards,

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Okay Varalotti,

Appreciated the title...the first thought was..Gosh, he is getting better and better at this marketing gimmick!!:mrgreen:
    Secondly, mind got busy conjuring up where this title was leading me to...I thought that one Dinosaur...a Mother-in-law one (!!!!)...was so angry with the dil dinosaur that in wanting to destroy her, perished the whole clan...And actor Ajith being an animal lover (ok, just thought so!) is now knees deep in resurrecting the extinct dinosaur because they found some frozen fossils under the sands of Mahabalipuram !:yes:.....So, howzzat for a story line? Friend, what can I do ? Your friendship is rubbing off...getting good at fiction now !:wink:
    :-D Sorry Sridhar....hopefully, you can take some teasing!:icon_frown:

Seriously, I am amazed at your ability to see so much life in even an extinct species of dinosaurs. No doubt that the dinosaur is an awe inpiring animal and I feel it is awesome that we humans are treading on the same mother earth where they once lived and thrived. Evolution is fascinating and I really don't know where we humans are taking the earth to. That is why I am so happy when I see all our ladies being so enthusiastic in the gardening threads. Just thanks for small mercies.
    Also, we should not be too harsh on poor Ajith...handsome Ajith! The times are changing and the demands on these young actors are far more I feel. Today, it is very difficult to be a good actor..he also has to be a good dancer, body builder, stuntman etc etc and inspite of all this, if the movie fails, he is not remembered for no fault of his. All said and done, I am a die hard fan of Kamalahasan, nevermind if he is Kamalhassan!

L, Kamla

7. varalotti

Dear Shobana,
    Oops, my mistake. I forgot all about your wonderful response to lesson 4. I was feeling guilty when I pointed out the slip. Now you have got it even. I am happy now. Accounts balanced. thanks, shobana.
    sridhar

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  8. varalotti

Dear Meeta,
    Like your name which I think means "sweet" your offer to host me in DC is also sweet. I am planning to go to the East Coast. May be NY. But I don't have much time once my training is over. But if I decide to visit DC I will be happy and honoured to be your guest. I will pm and let you know in advance, if that's going to happen.
    I have not seen that movie Walking With dinosaurs, though I have seen all the movies by Spielberg and also saw a 3D movie about dinosaurs in Seattle.
    Thanks for the post. A bigger thanks for offering to host me.
    regards,

9. varalotti

Dear Punitha,
    Thanks for coming in. I am honoured to receive a Hall Of Fame Member into this forum. Glad you liked the post.
    And by the way, please accept my hearty congratulations on entering the Hall Of Fame.
    Let's hope your mil does not join the forum for if she reads the line, " I am eagerly waiting for my dino's to become extinct" I am sure there will be the third world war. And true to Darwininan theory, it is going to be the survival of the fittest. Oh, just kidding, Punitha, forget it.
    regards,

10. varalotti

No issues, Anu shiv.
    I am looking for some nice mil stuff for the next week's posting. Let's see.
    sridhar