1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother's-in-law Day!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 7, 2007.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Like this idea immensely. Sounds fair enough.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi
    This is the latest hat-trick in the current IPL season! I mean your 3 FBs in row bowling out even the most stubborn mils! My 96 year old MIL has been living with me and in that context, a little respite from her incessant grumbling and screaming would be a great relief. I was hoping that celebrating a MIL's Day with her as the prima donna would silence her at least for a day. But your line of thinking seems to run counter to my whole idea!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  3. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi & Cheeniya Sir,

If we are agreeing to Satchi's line of thinking ('feel free to vent' day), I would like to have a DIL's Day too on similar lines. :bowdown No no, not here in IL, here every day is DIL day. But in real world where DIL's lips are tightly sewn in general..... :)

How come no one came up with this suggestion yet ?? :rotfl

2 people like this.
  4. sumee

sumee Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Good thought
    Yes we must celebrate Mother-in-law day too.After all they are such an important person for any marital relationship. And they too are women with their own desires and feelings.The bahu should keep her happy if she wants a sukhi jeevan with her husband.So the best would be celebrate MIL's day on her birthday.combination of two days birthday and MIL's day

5. attentivegirl

attentivegirl Silver IL'ite

Thats because everyday's a Mother-in-law day! as usual!

1 person likes this.
  6. sumee

sumee Silver IL'ite

Mother's-in-law Day

Thank you Cheeniya for that lovely thoughts/Ramblings:thumbsup

Let me take it further:The first golden rule:

The daughter-in-law must consider her mother-in-law as her second mother, and the two often must communicate and spend time together in a positive way.
    It is DIL who should take the initiative and decide on a date in the calendar as MIL's day and every year invite her MIL's friends and family and celebrate the day,which will make her MIL so happy that she will become her DIL's biggest supporter.:thumbsup
    That day prepare the cuisine of her choice,gift her,take her out make it a girl's day and bask in her happiness.
    Talk to her ,listen to her ramblings quietly.If she is very artistic join her in some classes and watch her eyes filled with joy.
    Remember MIL's are not ogres. They are also mothers with their own desires and insecurities.It is upto the incoming DIL who must be smart and patient to bridge the gap between her and herMIL.And the best way?
    Celebrate MOTHER-IN-LAW DAY and become their favourite bahu:rotfl :thumbsup
    HAPPY MOTHER AAND MOTHER-IN-LAW'S DAY:bowdown

7. Cheeniya

My sweet shreya
    I just loved the humour in this line:
    No no, not here in IL, here every day is DIL day. :rotfl
    Sri

2 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

Hmmm attentivegirl!
    Do I sense some subtle sarcasm there? But then honestly sarcasm is a better method of warfare than attacking each other verbally and physically. Sarcasm improves our English too. We have had such doyens of sarcasm like GB Shaw, Churchill, Disraeli, the list is endless! Who knows , one day you may find yourself in the Quotes search of Google!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Re: Mother's-in-law Day

Dear Sumee
    Thank you for stepping in with your FB. I can foresee a day when cockroaches and rats, rats and cats, cats and dogs, S.Korea and N.Korea, India and Pakistan, Harbajan and Symonds and all those that God has created to prove the existence of opposing poles may live in total amity but not a dil and mil. But after reading this FB of yours, a tiny hope is sprouting in my heart. If that happens, life will be quite peaceful but oh so boring! The art of mudslinging will vanish totally and the potters will be back in business making some exquisite pots! The fringe benefit will be that if a complete truce is called out between the mil and sil, the errant husbands will find it difficult to continue being so. Errant husbands here will include fils and sils!
    Hope all this happens during my life time!
    Seriously your suggestion is indeed a sure way to set in motion the process of normalisation in the family. How lovely it will be to watch mil and dil singing a duet like in the days of yore!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  10. vidhru

vidhru Senior IL'ite

My In-law is too good i will celebrate :)