1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother's-in-law Day!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalitha
    Why do you say 'whatever said and done' your mil is a nice person? It makes it sound as though you had to consult the Third Umpire before declaring her 'Not out'! You are probably being cautious about saying anything which might go against the majority opinion here! Dont worry at all! As you rightly say, they can also be the best of friends!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear Corralux
    If at all I write this much needed book, it will be dedicated to you for sowing this idea in me! But I do dread the curse of the manufacturers of reclyed steel plates and trays falling on me for throwing them out of business!
    You wont be a small fry since my millions will be shared with you!
    Sri

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear C Sir,

It was not going against the majority opinion. I was just reflecting abt my mil after reading your post, most of the times only her negative traits comes inot our memory and all the positive things are washed away. I have had lot of misgivings, but if today I am happily enjoying my work is only because of her who is taking care of everything at an age where should have been taking rest.

It might be that she does not want to leave her place of importance...........adhu vera vishayam and vera thread start pannannum

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya
    Super write up. Isn't it will ge good to have a MIL's day. Atleast to make her calm for a day. Giving her rest from all the blah blah that goes on. Pamper her give her the best so atleast she will be happy for a day in the whole year.
    Ya poor FIL are always a sanwich between his wife and DIL.

5. Cheeniya

Dear Lalitha
    I was only referring to that 'reflecting about your mil' as the Third Umpire. Most of the time, we give the MIl 'out' without considering all the aspects. As we reflect more and more, even the trivial positive aspects of the other person come out in vivid colours. Counting the blessings also include the positive traits a MIL may possess!
    And let me tell you that it is time that you start a separate thread on this!
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Aruna
    I welcome all these designated days as they give me a chance to celebrate! What is life but one long stream of never ending celebrations?:idea
    FILs are certainly the stuffing in a sandwich. I would rather be a piece of cheese that holds the loaves of bread together than the tomato or cucumber that drives them apart!
    Sri

7. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

Dear cheeniya sir,
    why not Mother in law Day.Not a bad idea,I say.Only thing is how it has to be celebrated.
    For a change the MIL can cook and clean and DIL can make her happy by smiling and thanking her.MIL should give presents to the dil for taking care of her and attending yo her whims and fancies.
    It was in pure fun my dear sir.Poor my MIL is too old to make hot water for herself and my husband never reads my writings that gave me the necessary courage to be so flippant. forget it.
    We can celebrate MIL day in grand style,why not?This is Myrthili the goody goody DIL.
    mithila

8. Cheeniya

Dear Mithila
    Once we all agree that there is a case for celebrating MIL's Day, the nittygritties can be worked out. Your suggestion for a DIL swapping places with MIL on that day sounds good. I am always for such Role play models! To tell you the truth, I used to be associated with Behavioural Science exercises in State Bank of India and these role reversals used to be very popular!
    It is a pity that your DH is not reading your writings. He doesn't know what he is missing. Do you think that an emissary from IL should visit him to point out this? I am ready to assume that role!
    Sri

9. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Never Chithraji, never.

I never ever will doubt that skill of his. Let us say, he can become the new Umpire in the game of DIL Vs MIL.Big Laugh

Regards,

Corallux

10. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for that Cheeniyaji,

Oh you need not worry about the curses of those re-cycle steel/tray people. They will just shift their business to giving your books they received to the next wedding they will attend.

I hope the book will have a recipe section. I feel Chithraji can contribute to that section as she is a wiz in that department.

So, the millions need to be shared between you, Chithraji & me..Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
    Corallux