1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mothers have to guide their children properly

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by iyerviji, Aug 18, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

The greatest value of having good people around you is not what you get from them but the better person you become because of them.

In life we meet so many people, some guide us and some unknowingly take us to a wrong path. We should be matured to know what is right and what is wrong. Teenage is the time when our life takes a turn. That time whatever we learn and whatever we become guides us to the right path. Teenage time we should have good friends so that we are not carried away to a wrong path.

Parents usually keep a watch on the children during their teenage time. The other day I was talking to a friend of mine. I used to think I only used to keep a watch on my son during his school days. But was surprised when she told that she also used to keep a watch. Usually boys are carefree and due to bad company go to a wrong path. Teenage is the time when they should be watched. At that time they dont like if we say anything about their friends. My son had good friends and they had team spirit. They used to take up for their friends. Now my son is in a big position and has helped so many of his friends and they also are always for him. He has young and old friends. He was working in my office as a trainee and made friends with my bosses who were young and older than him.

Same way even girls we should teach them and guide them so that they go in the right path. Tomorrow they will be mothers and have to teach their chidlren , so we have to show them right path , so that they make us proud. They have to get married and go to a different family and if they earn a good name there, its the parents who feel proud of them.

A child learns everything from their mother and we have to show the right path.

3 people like this.

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Mothers are the friends, philosophers and the right guide for taking care of their children.
    You have rightly shared the virtues of a mother and am so glad to be your first reader !!

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very rightly said ma. Parenting is a very difficult job and balancing between being a friend and a parent is the toughest rope walk any parent has to do. Gaining the child's confidence and guiding him/her on the right path is something that has to be done with a lot of diplomacy and tact, while keeping the reins in one's hands. The child must know that the parents are there to give moral support as well as to look up to in times of trouble.

4. shambavi2000

shambavi2000 Silver IL'ite

hi
    true, a parent has a huge responsibility of guiding the offsprings in the right way.And I am of the view that more than making one's parents proud or earning a good name in the marital home, a child has to be brought up well, for the child's own welfare-like having a clear conscience and courage of convictions.Good reputation will surely follow at home and the world outside. You have rightly emphasized the need for having good friends during the teen years.While on this issue, I often wonder what kind of 'upbringing' some people who are sowing wild oats even as adults ( read, some celebrities and cine actors),can possibly give their children...'coz i firmly believe children imbibe more by observing their parents than by listening to their advice.

5. shambavi2000

shambavi2000 Silver IL'ite

hi
    I forgot to mention this-your opening lines are so true-I can vouch for this-I was quite a self-absorbed, too out-spoken and quite judgemental as a yougster, until I met another youngster just a year or two older than me.The interaction lasted for just a few hours (we both were attending the same interview,so through prelim and final rounds)-believe me this person was exuding such positive vibes to all of us around with his very balanced and considerate attitude and considerable intelligence.I came back home a changed person (as many other interviewees did,I'm sure) and consciously turned over a new leaf.I owe a lot to that gentleman, and have a lot to thank his parents for.My kids refuse to believe that I was different and not all that positive as a youngster, when I share this story with them. On a lighter note, they joke they too will meet some such friend- philosopher-guide some day and then get better, until then will I please let them be...?

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear thanks for you rfirst fb. I am also glad to see you first and thanks for sharing your views.[

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear thanks for sharing your views. [

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shambavi thanks for sharing your views and glad you liked my write up[

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shambavi dear glad that you had experience of meeting a gentlemen and glad that he helped you and you had a turning point in your life.