1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mothering Today – Changes & Challenges

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by shivachoubey, Feb 27, 2013.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Arch1209

Lots of love

regards

Shiva

2. shivachoubey

Dear Rnair,

Thanks a ton for the appreciation. A very happy women's day to you too.

Lots of love

regards

Shiva

3. shivachoubey

Dear Paulina,

Absolutely loved your comment. Thanks a million ton for appreciating my write up with such beautiful words. And yes on women's day I did won my pot of gold from IndusLadies.

Lots of love

regards

Shiva

4. shivachoubey

Dear Gayuharini,

Thanks a ton for appreciating my write up.

Lots of love to you

regards

Shiva

5. shivachoubey

Dearest Sandhyahande,

Thanks a ton for the appreciation. I will definitely try to write more.

Lots of love

regards

Shiva

6. shivachoubey

Dearest Vignesh,

Hahahahaha, you made me laugh sweetheart. The last thing I was expecting on this blog entry was a query about weight loss.

You can write to me on this thread.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/82366-a-weight-loss-success-story.html

Make these changes

1. Over training will hinder your weight loss. You should avoid training for more than 60 minutes.

2. You might feel a little weight gain after weight training as you build muscles, this is a good sign. Just in case you feel de motivated that scales are not moving down then do weight training on alternate days.

3. Rest is absolutely important. After 3 consecutive workout days 1 rest day is important.

4. You are having bulk meals twice a day and rest of the time you are in starvation mode. So spread your meals.

Have 2 chapaties in morning. Then have fruit. Have 2 chapathies in lunch with sabji and salads etc. Dinner have 1-2 chapathi. Juices (even if they are sugar free) are not good for weight loss as they are digested easily and raise the sugar level. Please avoid juices and switch to whole fruits.

Hope this helps.

Lots of love

regards

Shiva

7. Tiredmommy

Tiredmommy New IL'ite

Great summation of every mothers issues!!
    It always bugged me how our mothers and their mothers managed everything??!! They may not say so but i sometimes get the feeling from their stares that am i really making a huge deal out of raising my kid?? Why do i need me time like you said, why our mothers never needed it?? I held myself guilty thinking that i must be really selfish and a bad mother to think of such things..but your blog post made me feel much better!
    A dad gets ample of me time, he gets his food, sleep, rest, recreation time etc but when a mother asks for the same it is frowned upon as if she is asking for something scandalous!
    Our society is too demanding and ruthless about a mothers duties,chores,expectations..it is forgotten sometimes that she is also a human being and a little me time will make her a better mom not a selfish one..

8. cheshmeenu

cheshmeenu Bronze IL'ite

very well said Shiva.... reading to it was like... reading what all question I face on day to day or may be most of the mothers face. :))

9. shivachoubey

Dear Tiredmommy,

Thanks for liking the blog post. I guess a ME time is very important for a mother, it breaks her from her mundane work and she can then bounce back to routine life.

I 100% agree with your comment. A mom needs a break too and a want for a break does not make her a terrible mother.

Lots of love

regards

Shiva

10. shivachoubey

Dear Cheshmenu,

Thanks for liking the post. I face these questions myself and it gets worst day after day :).

Lots of love

regards

Shiva