1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother In Law Wants To Come To Us To Babysit!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by EagerForInfo, Mar 6, 2021.

1. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

thank you so much. this helps. i am still in that GC hell hole. my spouse worries a lot about my daughter thinking she will cross 21 and miss that race.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Sreevidyaa

Sreevidyaa Silver IL'ite

I heard the health insurance cost is quite high in US. If your mother in law gets green card will it be less or will you have to pay more. If she had medical problems before won’t you be having to pay more for the insurance. In addition she is trying to baby sit which has problems as I am reading here. I am just beginning to think that she may not baby sit at all but your husband is trying to tell you so as to make you agree to her staying with you. Think about all the medical insurance and costs involved there. If she is over a certain age limit will it be free for her there which will atleast reduce your cost burden there.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

Thank you @MalStrom it’s helpful. We didn’t even get into that track, initially when DH wanted to sponsor for in-laws they rejected the idea, DH’s brother too rejected saying I have to start everything from scratch if I come there. I am totally clueless in this.

MalStrom likes this.
  4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

My family is the same. Parents and MIL are least interested to come live here. It’s hard persuading them even to come visit regularly . Sibling is also happily settled in India.

Thyagarajan and Flyhigher like this.
  5. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I don't want her to come here. I hate her! she is such a witch.. I know everyone thinks their MIL is not good but believe me her eyes are witch eyes too! The way she talks.... everything..

She will not babysit all 10 kids at once. Maybe she will rotate them. Even though I can also babysit I have held back assuming you need a license to babysit (moms had asked several times that since our kids are friends to take money for babysitting that their kids will be more at home at our house).. Anyway I do not like to make a business out of my kids friends. I had assumed once money is involved the fun will be gone.. I could have babysat too since my husband complains I haven't been earning money since my son was born. All the kids come to our house to play already (for free) since the past 5 years or so! Who is she to make a business with my kids friends?.. I hate the idea. I hate her..

Help! I do not want her to get a greencard .. I don't want her in my life.

6. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

True. Friend of mine got her parents to come here and they have medicaid/care too. Depends on where you apply, I guess.