1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother In Law Is Destroying My Marital Life

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Bliss9, May 17, 2023.

1. Bliss9

Bliss9 Senior IL'ite

You said it right totally right about a wife's wish.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Bliss9

Bliss9 Senior IL'ite

A small correction here. Departure to "Hell" instead of Heaven.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I have similar situation too. Will be following !

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Omg. Sounds so similar to my issue. My DH Had dedicated his life to getting her to live with us !

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Bliss9

Bliss9 Senior IL'ite

Oh no! It is so disheartening to find out that some one else is going through the same pain as mine. Hugs to you dear!
    I am DMing you.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

I got married recently and going through same pain.. Atleast you have some 6mons of free time. In my case mother in laws husband died long back and she stays with us all the time with no freedom for us. I am going through different hell second time around and it has impacted my job life too.

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I was wondering why a response or feedback here in a thread that began 6-7 months ago and remain truncated.
    I empathise but think there are lakhs akin to the sufferings you undergo around the globe but many overcome and stride into a happy women's world. Somewhere in the corner of your mind hidden the courage to live and lead instead remain silent & suffer . I emphatise but I trust you would devise ways to get ahead of this melancholy.
    Happy New Year.
    Regards.

nolife likes this.
  8. Sreevidyaa

Sreevidyaa Silver IL'ite

I might come out as being rude but this is my opinion. Who does the household chores? You said your husband and his mother goes out and also talks on phone for hours. If you are the one who cooks, does dishes and laundry do for your own self and your kids. Do not cook for such a selfish husband and his mother. Continue same treatment whether your mil is around or not. Let him feel the neglect he is receiving from being isolated from yourself. Let him take care of himself. Do not restrain yourself from showing off your anger and vent out. My experience is that holding onto feelings will only destroy your health. Why do people have to feel that they are obliged to serve the husband and his family. Why not be the other way round? Why can’t the husband and his mother help with the household hold work and take care of the wife and kids? Is it the Entitlement based on our traditional values which is paternalistic in nature. Let them swallow a bitter pill.