1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother-BABY Quotes!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Nalins, May 28, 2010.

1. Nalins

Nalins New IL'ite

Some Co0l Mother-BABY CARE Quotes!!

My mom is a never ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon

Only mothers can think of the future - because they give birth to it in their children. ~Maxim Gorky

A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb

Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries. ~T. DeWitt Talmage

Every beetle is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother. ~Moorish Proverb

All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln

Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm

One good mother is worth a hundred schoolmasters. ~George Herbert

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren

A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary. ~Dorothy Canfield

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. ~Chinese Proverb

A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after. ~Peter De Vries

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one." ~Jill Churchill

The precursor of the mirror is the mother's face. ~D.W. Winnicott

A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. ~Victor Hugo

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his. ~Oscar Wilde

The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

The tie which links mother and child is of such pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated. ~Washington Irving
    Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray

My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart - a heart so large that everybody's joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation. ~Mark Twain

The mother's heart is the child's school-room. ~Henry Ward Beecher

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? ~Milton Berle
    No one in the world can take the place of your mother. Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right. She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones. ~Harry Truman

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. ~Marion C. Garretty

I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine - she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. ~Adabella Radici

She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along. ~Margaret Culkin Banning

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

[A] mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled. ~Emily Dickinson

My mother loved children - she would have given anything if I had been one. ~Groucho Marx

It takes a woman twenty years to make a man of her son, and another twenty minutes for another woman to make a fool of him. ~Helen Rowland

The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "where mother is." ~Keith L. Brooks

Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease. ~Lisa Alther

Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother. ~Beverly Jones

Some mothers are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together. ~Pearl S. Buck

Mothers are the necessity of invention. ~Bill Watterson

God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb

:):)

1 person likes this.

2. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

Awesome quotes..

Loved reading it..

3. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Nice ones.
    I liked this one the best:

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren

4. tenkanidiyoor

tenkanidiyoor Silver IL'ite

Awesome ones!!!!
    I liked "the most automated appliance in a household is the mother" :)

I became emotional after reading this thinking of my "amma" who is no more now...
    Thanks for sharing!

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I am loving this Quote and is so true with me...Even before taking up a new Project/Assignment in work in think once for me(career wise) and once for my Son( Will i be able to spend quality time with my Son)..