1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Most uncomfortable clothing you have ever worn ??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by anika987, Sep 17, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

When I first came to usa,I was so excited.I thought I can wear anything I wanted!It is a place where you are not scrutinized.I remember the first thing I brought was a tank top and a shorts.Was I excited or what? I wore that to chilli's restaurant BUT i was extremely uncomfortable lol.I was very voluptous.I was so conscious.Nobody was staring at me which was a really good thing.the women i came home,i ran inside and wore my nightie lol.Ah!! nightie never felt so good.my most hated wear made me feel so good.Hee hee..

Secondly,in 2001 I wore very loose jean with sleeveless and heels with transparent top and left my hair loose (I did not even take head bath.god knows what I was thinking!)
    I thought I was looking modern but the stares people gave me!!lol.this was in Chennai.I never felt so uncomfortable.I guess I should have had better dressing sense at that time haha.

I still have those clothes and everytime I look at it I smile.what was your most
    uncomfortable moment?

2 people like this.

2. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

[h=2]Most uncomfortable clothing you have ever worn ??[/h]They don't cross the trial rooms.

9 people like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

ha ha! good one Radhai!

1 person likes this.
  4. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

I bought a strapless dress once but I never wore it outside. I was 110 lbs but still curvy in right places so even though the dress was more sweet than sexy,and I felt very self-conscious in it.

When I was getting married, I had hard time finding the perfect wedding dress that was not strapless. I however did find a beautiful dress with a long train that also had sleeves :)

1 person likes this.
  5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A bikini. I feel it's a glorified undergarment. I still can't wear one beyond the VS trial room although I really feel great about myself. :help

6 people like this.
  6. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

OMG how could I forget the ubiquitous bikini?? I have often wondered if women need that tiny garment to swimwhaatsmiley

Bikini trumps the strapless dress any day ha ha

3 people like this.
  7. Laks09

Thank God someone else feels like me!

Venkat20, MalStrom and anika987 like this.
  8. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Oh Laks I sometimes feel embarrassed (God know why I should be embarrassed) to see women "strut" around in a bikini.
    A couple of weeks ago we went to a lake near us - where people kayak or canoe- no swimming allowed- and most of the women were out in their skimpy best. Must be to tan- but come on, those tiny pieces barely covered anything.

3 people like this.
  9. Laks09

More power to them, Sdiva! I wish I could be that way, not a care in the world and happy go lucky. My friend attributes my dislike of the bikini to the fact that I was raised in a place where I probably haven't seen too many women in bikinis around. She is super comfy in one, on the other hand and I envy that girl!

2 people like this.
  10. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

After the wedding, my DH had gifted me a short, sleeveless dress which was a few inches above the knee. I wore it only one time during our HM and that to at night when we went for dinner. Throughout the evening, i was stretching my dress to cover my knees. It still hangs in my closet as memory and that was the first and the last time i wore it.

Interesting about bikini was when we had gone to Hawaii for a week. Later in the week, even my DH was complaining about the bikinis ladies were wearing:rotfl i have never tried it even in trial rooms.

1 person likes this.