Most Memorable April Fool’s Prank - April 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

My college buddies prank...

we have assessment exams for all the term papers... once , one of the assessment papers got postposoned and was announced it will be scheduled later...

I and few of my friends fooled one of our close friends: saying tomorrow we have exam girls so lets stay at hostel and study hard... we were talking so that our friend can hear this and get fooled.. .

she immediately asked "is it so.?? I didnt know that.. our mam didnt even tell that in today's class."

We said "Yeah even our mam forgot it .. but we didnt want to remind her.. just in case if she forgets we can postpone it further"

Saying these we all went and took some photocopies from the books to be studied.. finally we all went to the rooms and locked... we were all laughing how we reacted to her questions.. infact some friends appreciately me for the timely answers that i gave to her.. :biglaugh

Next day... April 1st.. Our friend studiously prepared for exam went and sat in the class room... And our mam (who holds the first hour class daily) came.. and she started distributing question papers.. we were all really shocked..:spin.. Believe me the whole world was upside down for me .and asked her "why this ?" She said today is the exam planned.. have u forgotten it .. as i did.. only your friend reminded me...

Then we told her what had happened.. and exam was scheduled for later.. finally the others.. that is us got fooled by our own prank... :) :)

2. satyapushyami

satyapushyami New IL'ite

Re: My unforgettable moment on april 1st

I enjoyed your prank.:rotfl

3. sudhachandrasek

sudhachandrasek Bronze IL'ite

HOW I FOOLED MYSELF ON APRIL FOOL'S DAY
    I like panakam(a sweet liquid) very much. So I prepare it frequently just as a drink. On friday April 1st I prepared the same for nievedhyam. That day I made brinjal curry and I had kept the brinjal washed water in a similar vessel.
    After nievedhyam I brought the panakam and kept it in the kitchen platform.
    Then after sometime in a hurry I served the brinjal water to everybody thinking that it was panakam since both looked the same.
    Then on drinking only everybody realized the mistake and my hubby,my son and me had a good laugh!!!:bonk

4. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

There used to be a very rich man.
    People called him the father of riches.

They were in awe of him and used to talk highly of his generosity.
    He owned all the precious treasures of the earth.
    He was a proud father of a mischievous son.
    His son grew up into a fabulous young man

His father passed on all his riches to his son and renounced all material pleasures.
    His son enjoyed his father’s wealth and went on to marry five pretty girls.
    He soon began losing his wealth and his wives deserted him one by one.
    Finally, on April 1, the son of a proud father became a pauper.

People mocked him and called him the father of fools.
    That is why April 1 is celebrated as Fools Day every year all over the World.

Do you know why the son lost all his riches?

He listened to all the nonsense stories rendered by his fellow friends like the above story narrated by me and ultimately became a fool of himself.

Come on, friends, cheer up. Enjoy April Fools Day.

5. kavithav

kavithav New IL'ite

it was in our uG days when we were studying in Stella College, chennai. We were sitting in the Marina Beach and few guys zoomed by us playing the song "Hello is it me you are looking for"? by Lionel Richie. Then my friend suddenly started waving to them and they came immediately and she started "I just called to say I love you" the guys were flat and they asked for a date and all of us shouted April fool and they flushed hot and all of us started singing "Girls just wanna have fun". They too laughed and waved us bye. I really miss those days.:cheers

6. naliniar

naliniar Bronze IL'ite

Hi

My mom is the only person in my circle, who plays a trick on every April 1st.Every year she thinks of new tricks. I have never realised that she is trying to fool. So I was,am and will be the first fool of my mom for ever.:bonk

April 1st means I remember the day when my mom played a trick with her sisters and also with me.

When i was 10 years old, she gave me a stainless steel box which is very hot so kept in a bag. She said its halwa which she prepared and askd to give it to her sister. As its very hot, she told me will give me after it cools.

I nodded my head and felt very happy to taste halwa soon.:tongue
    I gave that box to my aunt and all the family members were excited to taste halwa. and opened the box carefully as its very hot.

We all got shocked to see sand mixed with hot water inside. As the sand was wet, it was heavy exactly like a halwa lump inside.:oops:

We all got very angry at first but laughed a lot when my mom stepped in laughing.:rotfl

This is most rememberable moment in my life and for my aunt family also.:)

Cheers...
    Nalini.

7. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

this really made me laugh....very interesting:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

8. RenuChikki

RenuChikki New IL'ite

Well, Its good to see many of u sharing the happy memorable pranks .
    When i saw this contest title, I wanted to share one and only april fool incident that is there in my memory. A tragic one ...

This happened in my 11 th standard.Seven of us were a gang.We still are close and best friends. We belonged to different groups like computer science, commerce and pure science.
    We all tried to play prank on one of our friend. So what we decided was to write her a love letter everyday with a anonymous name. And we used to keep it in her bag before we meet for common language classes. After a week we made one small girl to give her the letters.As days passed by she started believing that there is really someone sending her the letters.We all decided to open this secret on April 1 st. We were all very happy that she is getting fooled.
    But one day she was on leave. So we decided to do something more the next day she comes to school. But her sister came to us and told that her mom wanted to meet any of us. So we all spoke to each other on why she is calling us and decided to meet her mom.
    We went to her house and then found out that she took all the letters from her bag. And my friend has got nice scoldings and beatings.

We felt very sad. But the way her mom spoke to us made us feel like that it was not the right moment to reveal what we have done.We all supported her saying that she has not even known who is sending her the letters and he is not guilty.When asked her about why she had all the letters with her even after we telling to dispose all the letters the same day.She said she wanted to keep all the letters and dispose it on the day of our school excursion.

Next day onwards we stopped sending letters. We all felt very bad that this childish prank turned out to be a bad one which earned bad name for my friend with her family.
    That day onwards we stopped playing on April Fool's day.

We later confessed this thing after 3 or 4 years... by then we were all matured and didnt feel this thing to be a big one. We apologised to her and she jus smiled and said .. i know this would be done by you naughty girls.

There goes my memorable April fool's day.

-- Chikki

9. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Most Memorable April Fool’s Prank

April Fool's Prank

This happened some years ago. As per the our office practice, three girls and four boys joined out orgnisation as trainee officer after completing their MBA. Rakesh and Preethi (orginal names withheld) both came to my division to take training. Even thogh I headed the division, I could never behave as a boss and it was always fun in our division.
    But though preethi was very outgoing, Rakesh was quite introvert and never mingled with anyone. He just used to finish his work efficiently but I had never seen him making jokes or mingling with even the other trainees. So that April, I decided Rakesh would be the fall guy. We always formed a group on such occasions as multi brains worked better than one brain na?
    On 31st March evening after he left the office, we mede one envelope containing a letter suppsedly written by 'Preethi' inviting him for a lunch in 'a nearby Restaurent at 12.45 to celebrate the salary day. This we kept in his table drawer where he could see easily.
    April 1st came and Rakesh reached his seat . We were waiting for him to open the drawer and to read the letter and he did it. Then he turned back to look at 'Preethi' who was sitting two tables behind him. There was a smile in his face but nothing more than that.
    At 12.45 we saw him getting up to go to the rest room. While he was there, we left for the restaurent to greet him . we had already arranged a table for five. . Though it was supposed to be April Fool Prank pranks still we wanted to explain to him and have lunch with him and break the ice too to make him join the fun in the division.
    Till 1.00 pm when he did not turn up we decided he got cold feet and decided to have our lunch atleast. Then we saw them. Both Rakesh and Peethi came laughing and handed the sweets to us. Then they explained to us that they were already lovers and were to be married soon. When Rakesh read the letter he understood it was a prank but wanted to see who played the prank. So both of them came to the hotel after he explained to her in intercom (that was one way they were communicating without our knowledge).
    All ended well after we had lunch together. That is the way my April Fool's Prank boomeranged on me.

Sushi Krishnamoorthi

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  10. manguji

manguji Gold IL'ite

Hi, to day i want to tell you about the fresh April fool prank, played by my maid.
    Mangal,my maid, effortlessly created bond with me as a result of her commitment to neatness & willingness to work.she learned to prepare idli, batatawadda, pav-bhaji etc. she prepared these dishes at home to celebrate her brother's b'day, new year or some special occasion.she also learned thali decoration & rangolis for puja.
    days were passing.one day she asked for leave for the next day. the next day was friday, a weekly bazar day, when special fruits & vegetables pour in from nearing villages.i have loads of work on friday to get things from bazar & store them properly.i was a bit disturbed & asked her the reason for leave.she said,it was a superstition that if it is made public the MISSION [ 1 st Aprli, 2011 was Friday] will not be successful. i guessed ,may be some marriage praposal. so did not force her,to tell or to come to work.
    the next day i finished cleaning. went to bazar,returned with loaded bags.to my surprise i saw her on the steps.all,stressed up i wanted to shout at her, for this confusion.( asking for leave ,for no reason,and turned up to work when i had finished almost,only newly brought vegetables were to be managed.).she started singing song, APRIL FOOL BANAYA........
    i just smiled to realize that she had learned to celebrate a more widely recognised & celebrated day,and FOOLED me regardless of my hierarchy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.