Most Memorable April Fool’s Prank - April 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

This happened when I was about 5 years old, just when I got to know what April fool's day meant. I so badly wanted to fool someone on that day, and somehow thought of a plan. On AF day, I got up early and was unusually very active (my plan was active though). At the planned time, I went to my mom and with tearful eyes told her that I had lost my earring. I was expecting a shock, a shout (for my carelessness), or atleast a sad reaction to the supposed mishap. But to my surprises, my mom didn't even show the slightest reaction to it. I again tried my luck by explaining to her that I really lost it, when she said "Never mind, your tiny silver earring must be worth just 10 Rs. " !!!! At that age, I never knew silver was not as expensive as gold!!! Then when I told them it was a prank (so carefully planned and flopped), there was a laugh riot at home. To this day, they tease me with this incident!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  2. smilealwayss

smilealwayss Gold IL'ite

April is a very special month beginning with pranks and all the fun. Every year I used get a damaka sort of start on first of April. As I was the one who usually woke up late in the morning, my sis n brother used to be ready with their villainous pranks. I remember all that shouting and mad runs here and their, hearing that there is A lizard or A cockroach near my feat, as soon as I woke up. Year on year such silly pranks happeed and I usually got fooled [how dumb!!!!!:bowdown]
    But this one is prank is real silly and unforgettable. Once after my marriage my sis said she would visit my place for the first time on April first [we happened to meet after six months]. I was so excited about her coming home and started planning this and that. But then thought again [used my brain … ha ha …] and felt this must be a prank as always so I actually did not prepare any thing. I kept a strong mind and tried acting as though I have not found out her secret. It was all fun, when she said she has boarded her train from Hyderabad the previous night and she stressed that I woke up earlier and go pick her up, as she was new to that place. I could not but control my laughter thinking that it was she who is going to be fooled this time.
    Then the morning of April first, she called me and asked where I was in the railway station. [Smart ME and I said to myself - baby U can’t fool me this time]. I simply asked her to stop it all as I have known that it was all just to fool me. She simply yelled on the other side of the phone and said “for heaven sake didi … come here and pick me up I am waiting at the station for real:spin. I confirmed that from her with all the promises’ in this world [mom promise, god promise, this and that promise to the extent that she would never promise any more in life]
    Well home at last she reached and spent few days here with us.I told her that I did not believe her cos I did not expect her to take leave as a trainee. she had leave for some telugu new year which I did not know that time . It was great time being together and those good times ended soon as she returned back. But what did not end till this date is the prank I played on MYSELF…. In my sis’s words “no body need to fool you didi you are enough for fooling your own self”
    What ever it was that was the funniest and the dumbest thing from my side:rant

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  3. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

i fooled today my dh, mom,dad,sister,,fil,sil,mil family:thumbsup

FOr my dad i said some dust is sticking on your shoe he saw it suddenly and asked where.i said APRIL FOOL:biglaugh
    For my mom and sis i called and told i felldown because i hit on chair due to that tv glass got broken when i fell down near to tv.They believed my words and worried a lot.i laughed and said APRIL FOOL:biglaugh

To my dh who is in abroad i told i fell down and my left leg started to bleed more and paining a lot.he said take care and ask how is the injury.

Then i called my Mil,Sil,Fil and their family members and said me and my dh are coming on Vijay Tv at 8.30 flower show.Because we already shown in another Tv channel .So they believed and informed to all family members.I called them after 10mins and said April Fool.They laughed a lot[​IMG]

Finally in IL i fooled many who visited,viewed the thread

April Fool Mass Club

Because some IL people are very alert and they didnt accept any lies on my side but anyway i fooled them:biglaughand views are increasing a lot too

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  4. laavie

laavie Gold IL'ite

April fool prankssss.....ha ha:):):) ive had loads of fun on april 1st..... i would like to share one of the prank i cherish the most even now when i think about it......

here i go ...... i played this prank @ home in chennai with my lovinggg family members :)))))
    School exams over, summer holidays started.... i live in a joint family in chennai, we have an open terrace quite big were we usually sleep on mats and enjoy the breeze + mosquitos & great chats between uncles,aunts,cousins etc etc ...during summer, as all chennai people know - (power cut mostly happens in hotttt summer). I guess all indus ladies members are mus be thinking......... "girl were is the prank yaar" coool here it comes

In our street on alternate mornings a garbage van comes by 6:30 to carry away all the crap.......the driver alerts everyone by whistleinggg & everyone rushes with the garbage bags.

it was april 1st as usual everyone sleeping upstairs, the garbage bags @home were piled up for 3days as the van didnt turn up for a week. I woke up by 6 :00am saw all sleeping....grabbed a whistle from my brothers bag and blewwwwwwwwwwwwww it continously... once i did that, alll my aunts woke up adjusted there clothes and hair and jus ran downstairs picked the bags & ran to the street............ they saw no van and started asking their neighbour did u see ...did u see the van ..... and Me in a corner was laughinggggggg so loud screamingggg Aprillll fooolllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

the best part was ....even my neighbours got foooled ( actualllly i planned it only for my lovinggg aunts lol )

i missssss my familyyyyyy

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  5. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Well it is a nice topic and pls see how i have fooled by my office
    colleague. I was eagerly opened the attachment.

Attached Files:

6. poonamkiah

poonamkiah New IL'ite

Change is the order of universe be it anyway

I remember the fool's day of 2003 when one of my neighbourhood friend came running to my mom and said your daughter has eloped but actually i was hidden somewhere. My mom all started crying :bowdown and went to my father to inform him and started scolding him that why? he did not allow to marry the guy of my choice just becoz he was not of my caste. Things were still that moment and my parents thought took a sudden U turn and they felt that their child happiness is more important than anything else in this world.After lot of drama i finally came back to my house and got a green signal.:hiya

7. silver08

silver08 Senior IL'ite

Message I've Received on 1st April

Attached Files:

8. tsheetals

tsheetals New IL'ite

Well two years back I decided to play a prank on my college day friends who are scattered all over the world today and are in constant touch through Orkut. I created a fake orkut profile with a fictitious name and started sending all of them messages talking about college days etc. Soon they were all discussing amongst themselves as to who it could be and started asking me to put my snap. I said I will do so soon and on April 1st I uploaded my snap with a big April Fool message. Needless to say they were all after me with hands and fists!

9. ashakarthik

ashakarthik Silver IL'ite

hi all,

Whenever i hear about April Fool,then i remember this incident.

I was studying 5th Standard and busy getting ready.My van will come at 8:AM.I got up and was sincerely and brushing my teeth.It was around 7:AM. I heard our door bell ringing.My mom went and opened it.Then i heard my nieghbour talking to mom.She said"aunt today is our wedding day please take this sweet.I made kheer today and it is so hot.Thought i can give u some". After heraing the word sweet,i immediately finished brushing and came running towards the door and stood in the dining hall.Then my mom said "ok dear i will have it". But that aunty insisted my mom to open and taste it.

I was so curious to taste the sweet,tadaaan..my mom opened.There was only hot water inside that tiffin box.That aunty started laughing and her children started shouting.Yehhhhhh....April Fool......

After this incident,my mom was like..yes dear u have fooled me.

Lucky that no one noticed me badly getting fooled:)

10. mabelt93

mabelt93 Junior IL'ite

My boss posted on her bb" going to London "and I promptly booked her tickets and mailed the ticket to her, in return got a firing of my life coz she had put the post on 1st April and she wanted to fool her friends. Dont know who was the one who got fooled!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.