1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Most importantly – Life is what you make it….

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 10, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Reality of life!
    Everyone is good to you
    Till you expect nothing from them
    &
    You are too good to them
    Only till you fullfill their
    Expectations.

I am happy that in IL my virtual daughters have high regard for me and think high of me. But I feel I am not so great. With some people I get along well and with some I feel scared even at this age. I am interested in knowing everything and want to be the first in everything but only in somethings I am good. You can say I am Jack of all trades but master of none.

SOMETIMES, Someone Says Something really SMALLbut it FITS Right into thisEMPTY SPACE… in the heart…..Even at this age I get scared to cook for people who are experts in cooking. Like in my in law's house all are experts in cooking. So difficult to get a wah from them. But I have got appreciation for my cooking from my elder brother in law who stayed with us and I used to prepare different dishes for breakfast. He used to observe everything I used to do and tell people that I get up early do cooking fast with the assistance of my dh who used to help me in cutting vegetables and get ready fast for office , dress up well and go.

In every house the style of living is different and we have to adjust according to their style. I get alon well with youngsters thats why I get appreciation from them and they feel that I am inspiration for them. Now here in son in law's house he wants dishes with less salt, more spicy, whereas my dh wants more salt and less spicy. I like making dishes according to my sil's wish . For my daughter he is husband so she says anything is ok for him and for my dh he is nephew so he does not feel anything and he has the right to get angry with my sil if he has to. Whereas for me he is my son in law so I like to do everything according to his wish.

Since in my in laws house all are experts in cooking I get scared to do anything and only help them in cutting vegetables or other assisting work. Getting a wah frommy younger brother in law is difficult because he is expert in cooking and he is a caterer too. Last time my dh's nephew and his wife had comefrom Baroda and I made pongal and tomato chutney which nephew liked it very much. Actually he is also expert in cooking and getting wah from him made my day. Surprisingly that day my brothe rin law also said the pongal was nice.

Life is too short, Don’t ever waste it.
    Life is sweet, Take time to taste it.
    Life is a journey, Find the right path.
    Life is entertaining, Don’t be afraid to laugh.
    Life is for good times, Make them last.
    Life has it’s bad times, Put them in your past.
    Life is chance, Make sure to take it.
    But most importantly - Life is what you make it

When in a group in some cases I am scared to talk but in some groups I fit in nicely and enjoy.

“I think fitting in is highly overrated. I’d rather just fit out... Fitting out means being who you are, even when people insist that you have to change. Fitting out means taking up space, not apologizing for yourself, and not agreeing with those who seek to label you with stereotypes.”
    Golda Poretsky

6 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

37 views no fb so sad, thanks lovelylife atleast i got a like. This is what I was saying sometimes what i do clicks sometimes does not.

1 person likes this.
  3. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

get alon well with youngsters thats why I get appreciation from them and they feel that I am inspiration for them.
    viji mam!
    this is my problem also.like you even i also get scared of cooking.
    after reading your post ,i got consoled me alone not sailing in the boat.

1 person likes this.
  4. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima,
    Hope you are doing well.

5. attentivegirl

attentivegirl Silver IL'ite

Nicely presented the play we call life. thanks for posting :)

1 person likes this.
  6. mp1234

mp1234 Gold IL'ite

Really beautiful piece

1 person likes this.
  7. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Viji,

This is so very true however not as easy as it sounds.We can stick to our ongoing efforts to shape up our life.

I am glad you are enjoying cooking and feeding your son-in-law.You are doing great at this age and that makes you a role model for all the youngsters. Please keep doing what you have been doing despite you do not get fbs as quickly as you would like to.The bottom line is everybody loves you as vijima.

Love,
    Bhavna

2 people like this.
  8. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji,

I agree with you. Life IS what you make it. And I do admire the way you are willing to integrate with the younger crowd. That really makes life easy. Life is too short to waste it on petty things and grudges.

Like Bhavna says, why bother if you dont get replies. Just be yourself and continue posting.

Have a great time in Dubai,

Love,
    Usha

2 people like this.
  9. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Happiness is your creation-thus said Swami Rama.

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Radha dear good to know that you are also sailing in the same boat. In my house no problem of cooking , only when I go anyone else's house