1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Most Embarrassing Day of My Life.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sinolchu, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Sinolchu

Sinolchu New IL'ite

Hey this is my first blog here and I want to start with something light and funny.

This was the most eventful/embarrassing day of my life. Me and my colleague Erum had gone to Lamington Road, Mumbai, to interview, let me call him Mr.X for our magazine. 10:30 am was the time given to us. So we both met at Churni road and made our way to the address. After couple of wrong turns, we reached the building. We entered the lift n were followed by a lady n a gentleman. As the lift started to move I checked the time and exclaimed for everyone to hear, “Oh, we are bang on time I bet we will be made to wait for another hr.” “You know how these business men are, they don’t value other ppls time,” I added. Erum gave me a knowing smile and went on to speak about gujju bhai (Gujarati business man). Suddenly the lady put her finger on her lips n pointed to the man. Well as it was the case we were in the lift with the man whom we were about to interview. Imagine our plight.

The situation was nothing compared to what followed. We were shown into a conference room; as soon as we entered we started giggling n laughing. We were dripping in sweat, so we turned our face towards the AC, pulled our necklines forward etc.
    Then Erum powdered her nose before we met the big boss, she combed her hair, applied lipstick n sprayed deo. The best part was the deo; she put the deo inside her dress to spray it on her armpit. All the while I was observing and laughing.

Finally we were asked to go to the Bosses cabin. As expected the man from the lift was staring at us without a smile. We started the interview in a dull note and while nodding my head I just glanced around. To my horror I saw CCTV. The screen was showing all the rooms of the office including the conference room. I nearly fell of my chair. Erum was blissfully ignorant n talking to the man, and then I nudged her and pointed towards the camera… her face was worth seeing.

2. S Priya

S Priya Senior IL'ite

Hi sinolchu,

OMG really it must have been so embrassing, good write up and had a good laugh too.

3. Sinolchu

Sinolchu New IL'ite

Hey Priya, thanks for your comment. It means a lot as it is my first blog :)

4. PoojaPraveen

PoojaPraveen Senior IL'ite

Hi Sinolchu,

OMG!!! I can understand how you and your friend would have felt.... Anyways really a good one.. Keep writing!!

-Pooja

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Sinolchu
    Wow!!! that is a real lesson to be more careful(kidding).Nice write up...hope you didnt run into that man again :)

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sinolchu,

Welcome to blogging & IL. That was one embarrasing moment... how did you manage to continue after that.

Good one..keep going.

7. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sinolchu,

Welcome to IL Blogging section and Congratulations on starting your first blog here !:thumbsup
    The situations you had to face was embarrassing indeed !!! So, did any one of you get the job ?

Keep writing such sweet incidents. We are all ears !!!

Regards,
    "HAPPY"

8. priya_mary

priya_mary Senior IL'ite

Good start...I liked your writing..You made me laugh..he he

9. Sinolchu

Sinolchu New IL'ite

Thanks for the comments, it’s really encouraging. We could continue with our interview as the man was a real gentleman moreover he was more embarrassed then us. However later on Erum nearly killed me :).

10. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

Ha ha .. good one. Erum would have been definitely embarassed that time but reading your blog now she would definitely have a bigger laugh than yours.

Keep blogging.
    Cheers