1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Morning Prayer - I

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RamyaVaradharajan, Aug 12, 2008.

1. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

"Karaagre Vasathe"

This prayer should be recited as soon as we wake up in the morning. We should get up from the bed; sit in Sukhaasana position (at ease as we sit down on the floor with legs crossed). Rub both our palms so that the energy points will be activated. Join the hands in an open manner so that we can see both our palms. It is said that in our finger tips lives Goddess Lakshmi (Goddess of Wealth), the centre of the palm Saraswathy (Goddess of knowledge) and the tip of the other end contains Govinda (the Protector cum energy giver).

"Karaagre Vasathe Lakshmi
    Kara mathye Saraswathy
    Kara moolethu Govindaha
    Prapaathe Kara Dharshanam"

Meaning:

Kara: hand
    Agre: tips
    Vasathe: to live
    Mathye: centre
    Kara mole: the bottom of the palm (kaiyyin keezhe; adiyil)
    Prapaathe: early morning
    Kara dharshanam: to get the Dharshan of our hands (which ultimately means to get the Dharshan of the Supreme).

Almost all the young kids bite their fingers and nails. Hence this Morning Prayer can be taught to them and we can tell them that if we bite our tips Goddess Lakshmi will get hurt and bleed. This cannot be seen as she resides inside. Hence she cannot bare the pain and she will run away from our tips and reside in our neighbor’s hands. Due to which our father will not get enough wealth and hence cannot satisfy our needs and wishes when needed. Believe me, I told the same in my Balavikas classes and 90% of the kids have stopped biting their nails just within two weeks.

Related story:

Once the fairies in the heaven were told by the Lord to bring the person with the beautiful most hand from the earth. The fairies then went in search of the hands. They went to a palace wherein the Queen was sleeping peacefully on a well carved and decorated cushion-bed. Her hands glittered with bangles made of pearls, ruby and gold. The design on her hand (Mehendi) captured the fairies and they went near by. The fairies could sense a very bad smell as they went nearby. Upon enquiry they found that the queen and the king punished everyone in the state in order to bestow their strength. That radiated a bad smell as the fairies went nearby. The fairies left the palace and found a young man lying on the road. His hands were broad enough and looked manly and handsome. The fairies were attracted and went near by. Even there they could sense a very strange, nauseating smell and hence ran away from the place. On introspection they found that he was a burglar. He did all sorts of wrong doings by the God gifted hands.

The fairies became tired and as they were proceeding ahead, an aromatic fragrance drew them to close to a person who after completing his routine agricultural works lay there resignedly. When they took his hands, they found lot of scars and it was wounded terribly. He, the farmer worked for the sake of others and lived his daily life offering what ever he used to get first to the Supreme and then to himself. He did not hurt anyone and he carried on divine works with his hands. Thus the fairies took them to the Supreme and the Divine changed his life style from that moment. The farmer became a great King and started living a lavish life.

Thus, when we respect others and obey Godly principles with our gifted hands, the Supreme will grant us such high positions.

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for sharing Ramya.. you made my day a better one with this prayer.

3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya

Thank you for this lovely story dear. I always look at my hands and say this prayer when getting up, but did not know this story so far.

Love

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Ramya,
    I don't know there will be a story behind that morning prayer (which I always do) I saw my elder one chanting the prayer one day, but I don't know about the other two...should make them do it..and explain this story to them..
    Thanks for this story..
    Your Balavihas student,
    sriniketan

5. renukasuresh

renukasuresh New IL'ite

Dear Ramya

I used to say this every morning but didnt know the meaning. Thanks a lot for explaining it and giving a nice story.

6. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

Thanks for such a lovely presentation on the early morning prayer.You have explained every word in such a clear manner.
    The story was really inspiring , and was new to me too.
    Please do continue in the same vein.It is going to be very useful for me with reference to my grandaughter.
    warm regards
    PAULINA

7. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Good one Ramya !!

I want to appreciate you for the meaning and story behind....thanks a lot.

With love,
    Gowri

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

That is a very good story and narration for the prayer..... Thanks for Sharing....

But I have some small doubts...

Should I have to be like the farmer, in the sense living for others and helping others etc, till the angels pick me...How long will it take for them to spot me... Once I am enriched... can I become like the king and the queen....

You see, I am more confused now... seek clarification pls.... Hahahaahaha...

Life is to be enjoyed....

Veda

9. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

dear ramya,
    chinna vayathil, we also told this morning prayer....nice explanation about morning prayer....

10. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Ramya,
    Thank you for the slokam and also for the story. I used to look at my palm every morning after I wake up. But after kids, I somehow got busy and was not follow. But after reading your blog, I started again. Thanks!