1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Morning Never The Same Anymore

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Nov 19, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Oh! As I get up from the slumber and actually don’t want to go through this ritual again, yeah! A lot of family cannot do without the breakfast, can’t they come up with something innovative like our mom’s in those days.

With so many BPO jobs we have many who cannot get up to do the breakfast and sometime sleep through to the lunch, so just to keep them awake many families have been dependant on these small restaurants for ages now, it has become a great practice to enjoy this meal with so many varieties under the same limited time we are given. Dear darling wife gets up early by 3 in the morning for making lunch so by the time it is time for break fast she is asleep. Other members take over

How long to eat just one item upma, idli, dosa, puri, but to get all in one roof and at the same time to get to be a critic and survey the entire locality of various darshini, and komala, and sharada, not to forget the MM road side guy who makes fabulous idlis and masala vadas all would be without their usual brisk business if we were not catered by them.

The usual comments of Oh! That fellow from keerthi cannot make good vadas so large and I love tiny one’s on komala anyday, and the sambhar nothing to beat our komala.

It is our India baba not some foreign land where you cannot get any break fast like these and all under one roof and so early in the morning what say you?..

<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City> has become a hub for these tradition that galli galli and anywhere and every where you find so many idli shops you can go on survey and give credits to the various food available. Working mothers carry small tiffin boxes fill it up with idli chutney and sambhar for their kids and self and drop them in school, as they move on, Very soon we may have kadabu and kozhakattai also for breakfast if it turns out to be the demand, and we can easily stop taxing our mothers to do all these things.

The famous chitranna and ragi moddhey is the daily morning food for all auto drivers so you find large aluminum vessels and plastic plates with a plastic large vessel to hold the water and some tumblers. The morning starts with a good fill, and of course we have our own chai shops which have become a rarity with all these restaurants supplying them. Nowadays we get good thenai koozh along the MNC area’s and many have that as mid morning or sometime early morning drink, which is very cooling with chopped onions…sunkan

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,

You are smart eh ! You don’t want to cook in the morning eh ! Just get redy from the market.

But yes that is practical, if u have good restaurants around your house and close by, then it becomes practical to do so.

Ah I am feeling hungry Sunkan.I love South Indian food, the dosas, vadas, paper dosas,though I have not eaten many varieties that u speak of.

Regards.kamal

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

i thought u were coming down kamalji,but seems yet making the plan or have u already finished your tour, make it to bangalore,after all rajasthan to chennai is the distance but chennai to bangalore is not far...so come down and stay with us, i will cook all you want, and get u all u want too.pl note this is not a note like yours saying if i remember..i remember very well about this invite and it is open..one condition bhabhi must be along and not any others for first time..sunkan

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,

thanks for the invitation.Thats very sweet of u.First time i will bring Gharwali, next time, ??? HAHA.You have a great sense of humour Sunkan.I was to come in oct to chennai, but couldnot.

Banglore is the place we started our honeymoon in 79, the first stop was banglore, second was mysore where we stayed at Hotel Rajendravilas Imperial on Chamundi Hills, and third was Ooty, whre we stayed at Hotel , i forget the name, where the movie Karz was shot.

After that i hjave not been to these places,but i assure u, i and wife will come to see u, as she keeps going to Chennai to meet her mom and brother.So this time i will go with her.And now we have direct flights from jaipur to chennai,and Banglore, which makes thins easier.

If u and hubby coming this side, with yr daughter, it will be a pleasure too.Thanks very much.Regards.kamal

5. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,

you are making me :drool over the breakfast menu!
    in our house the breakfast is simple:
    My husband with tea and some yogurt rice in the morning ( what to do he is satisfied with that for breakfast!)
    Me with kanji or cereal---no no to coffee or tea!
    my children with cereal
    my mil-----same as my husband --yogurt rice and wheat dosa.

Maybe our breakfast might have changed if we are around such restaurants!:yes:
    sriniketan

sriniketan

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

DEAR KAMALJI,
    i have to go to the devaloka to get my husband he is dancing with thilothamma and urwasi says no time for me, so you have to put up with me and my daughter, if it is ok may be we may drop in to see the pink palace there, hahah. so tell me your itinerary soon sunkan

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear srini,
    i can understand your predicament, this is the enjoying age and if you curtail due to family nothing can be done, one option my door is open for you too, do drop in and we have a great session with all the goodies, here, sunkan

8. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sunkan

I completely agree with you, in Bangalore there are sooo many such outlets... and getting breakfast or any meal is soo easy... Although i have stayed in b'lore only for 2 months... but in jayanagar main market there is this guy who comes at around 6-7 in evening and does business till 2 a.m.... he makes dosas in desi ghee, heavenly :bowdown... ohh so many times wen not in mood to make dinner we just used to get stuff from there....

and talking about breakfast... my fav was Adiga's jayanagr as it was closest to my place... a nice idli or vada with filter coffee... with that chill in the air, and sipping filter coffee:coffee... such beautiful mornings... i miss all that soooo much.... and now my stomach is growling like anything...:-(

thanks for making me sooo nostalgic...

~Abha

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

welcome foodie,
    yes we all miss something from our place always, even going to delhi i missed all these, the dosa there is not the brown gold of south, it is whitish pale, and the aloo sabji inside is also different...ya adigas are nice but the wada's are big i think there too, like how i said i like the vada's to be small and tasty.:coffeecoffee tho ghar ka filter to round off the breakfast..sunkan