1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Morning musings, this time around!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

thank you for that lovely feedback! I particularly loved what you said about recalling the past with happiness to come back to the present happily thus creating a happy future! Thank you!

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabita dear I could not come immediately as my net was not there since day before evening till yesterday evening. So as usual missed IL . I had to go for a Poonal so time went off.

Yes dear enjoyed your post as always. Who does not like to come back home sweet home because it brings back the memories of the past. Memories are always sweet memories especially in a place where we have grown up. My dh used to tell a story which his mother told him. When a middle class girl gets married to a rich family, though she enjoys all the facilities there the mattress where she sleeps and the other facilities but still she will long to go to her home where her mother will feed her with pazhaya sadam with pickle and the love of from her parents and siblings.

Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to
    John Ed Pearce quotes

Having somewhere to go is Home. Having someone to love is Family.. Having both is a Blessing

PS. Congrats for completing six successful years in IL . I have started a thread for you in milestones and already wishes are pouring in

5 people like this.
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

Not just you, you have made even me muse this morning!

I read this a couple of days ago. You know, it brought poignant memories to me and dug at my heart strings. Tears welled up. I was in no mood to delve more and write.

Today, I braved it and here I am, reading it once again and still feeling the same pull in my heart! There were many times in the distant past that I too went through the same musings upon visiting 'Home'. Same thoughts crossed my mind about my children happily languishing in their grandparents home, bored but content!! Those birds, those noises, those smells and those trees with sprays of red flowers....All in my distant past....

Nostalgie! Thoughts of days that will Never return. My home and hometown which has now become a stranger to me...

Hence my dear Sabitha, enjoy every single moment of it while it lasts. Meet our IL friends and think of me when you do!!

Needless to say I miss you here! Strange but true!:)

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shyamal,

I hope and am sure Sabitha will not mind my intrusion!!

I had to tell you how much I enjoyed your feed back. "Wherever we may live in the world in some corner of mind there is a place to which we have a sense of belonging. We may call it home where we live, it is, but still there is a little place which we long for. It may not be the most beautiful or enchanting place....it is ours. Our place is made up of memories associated with it.".......These words of yours says it all most accurately!

L, Kamla

4 people like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

thank you for such a warm feedback and sharing that story from your DH! I agree memories are always associated with places and more so with homes, especially the ones we grew up in.

Thank you also for starting the thread on my completion of 6 yrs in IL! I cannot believe how time has flown by. If not for the warmth and the support not to forget some incredible friendships I have made here, I would have disappeared long ago. Thank you for remembering and starting that thread.

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabita dear I have also nominated your thread . As told earlier all your posts are worthy of nomination

1 person likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oopsie Kamla oopsie! tears in your eyes! Sorry that was not my intention yet in a way I understand! This trip is different, so I got carried away too. But I am back to my normal self and no more nostalgia :) I promise! As always thank you for stepping and giving your feedback and adding value! And I miss talking with you too, but you know we can catch up!

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sabi,

I am sure you are enjoying your holiday and having a lovely time . I perfectly understand what you mean.Enjoy the house and the people in it, is all I can say.Even now when I visit home I can visualize my father walking down the stairs . I miss him terribly but I am glad that so much in that house reminds me of him and hence it will always be home to me.:)
    your kids are the cutest, I must say.And if they have learnt to appreciate the difference and enjoy what each place offers you are lucky.thankfully I too have a girl who is such a butterfly here but is absolutely content basking in all the attention from her amamma in Blr.:)

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Mindi for your feedback and your lovely words! I know all of us have places where we feel just content being there! Thank you for your wishes.

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Viji aunty for the nomination. Sorry I missed this post! You are always so encouarging and your nomination means a lot to me.