1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Morning musings, this time around!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jul 9, 2013.

1. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sabitha
    good to see you here.. its surprising how all our priorities change once we have our kids
    all my relatives and friends who return from their India visit always find it so difficult to adjust to the "quiet" for a while...
    see you soon
    kerman

1 person likes this.
  2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

So u were in india eh ! it looks like that from the temple and the neighbours TV noise that it had to be india.HAHA

Good one, and now u are back in the states ?

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Srama
    I do not even find a place to give a 'Like' for this thread of yours because I'll be listed not by name but as an also ran! I see that IL's Lady Abou Ben Adam (Viji) leads even the 'Likes' list here! And Kerman says 'see you soon'! Is she unaware that you are just a few kilometers away from her home?

I am happy to find that you also have this habit of musing a lot in the mornings like me. My musings totally cease when the Sun reaches the meridian! Unlike me, your musings acquire a poetic sheen probably because the subjects of your musings are good material to stand apart from others' mundane musings! This one that you are currently musing about is indeed very interesting. One thought stands alone like a shining star in this essay of yours. Home is not what is made of bricks and mortar but memories and memories alone.

The concept of 'Home sweet home' is built on this precept. During my banking days, my executive position permitted me to stay in 5 Star hotels whenever I was on tour. I always demanded and got my rooms 'with a view'. After just a couple of days of such opulent ambiance, I would start pining for my home which would be in comparison to that hotel a Nazi concentration camp! But its magnetic force would increase in geometric progression every day and finally tear me away from the 5 Star ambiance! In a spiritual group with which I am associated, it is proclaimed that Nature has implanted in our breast a sacred and indissoluble attachment to that place whence we derived our birth and infant nurture. How true this is! Reading your thread only reconfirms this human nature quite forcefully.

I am rather intrigued by your saying that 'It is what my kids want and I am happy to do just what keeps them happy'. I have often heard my nonagenarian mother ruing about her childhood days in Thanjavur and how badly she missed them. She would recall how her dad would run after her with a towel in his hand the moment she finished her bath. Memories, she would say, have this habit of staying fresh even for a hundred years. Like Tennyson's Brook, memories go on forever no matter who comes into our life and who goes out of it. I too look out of the window with the vast sea of humanity and smile at the memories unfolding in my old brain!
    Sri

5 people like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Srama,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful thoughts. Isn't it wonderful to go back many years and feel it when we visit the places where we grew up? The way you beautifully said "What is more important now is to do what your kids want" tells all about how you get back to living in the present moment. If we plant the seed of happiness, it turns into a tree of happiness. If you can recall the past with a lot of happiness and come back to the present moment happily, the path to the future also can't be any different. With best wishes.

Regards

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

You are right about the kids Satchi. They find it all very fascinating including the boredom they seem to feel often :) DS declared to DD that it is part of "India Vacation" and I am not complaining, really! And yes looking forward to seeing you!

1 person likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you OOTB! They indeed are welcoming sounds. I did have a chance to stay in a relatively quieter house in a quiet neighborhood and felt extremly out of place! I will assure you that the sounds of vessels being cleaned this morning would have surely brought a smile even in my sleep for I know when I wake up I will clean dishes :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Zainabsarfaz! I am sure feeling home sick is what makes it all even more enjoyable when you visit family! Thank you for your feedback.

1 person likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Kerman for your feedback! Look forward to seeing you, soon!

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamalji,

as you know I am still here...experiencing everything :)

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

don't you know that what you feel like an also ran 'like' from you will still stand out and mean the world to me? Ah well, your feedback means the same and thank you for that!

I hear you sir, I do! Home is certainly not made of bricks and mortar but of memmories and as I watch the kids grow up, I seem to be more aware of the fact that they are building their memories and I do selfishly want them to have sweet memories. This trip has been somewhat difficult and I realized that unless I feel the happiness, I cannot spread it for them! For them I am sure vacation in India has it's own place already including the boredom and the rare yellings by their grandfather, they seem completly unfazed by it as if it is the most natural thing and sir in my heart honestly I truly glad that they share this rapport!

1 person likes this.