1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

morning cuppa?

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by bornfree78, Jul 26, 2008.

what's your cuppa?

Poll closed Sep 24, 2008.
  1. Coffee

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. Tea

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Either is fine

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Other

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bornfree78

bornfree78 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

What constitutes your morning cuppa? Are you a tea person or a coffee person. Just like one is either a dog or a cat person, a footy or cricket person, a scruncher or a folder (although occasionally one may jump the fence!), essentially what do you prefer? I am an ardent tea lover. Though this happened only a few years ago. Whilst growing up I was always fed on a constant diet of milk and "tea-is-not-good-for-you"; courtesy my mother :) So when I had the chance I started sampling all the flat whites, cappuccinos, caffè latte and it made me bounce of the walls, sent me on a roll every time :spin.. I did not consider my caffeine-naive status till date before I went on this drinking spree Big LaughThat is when I decided that tea was to be my drink. Now every morning, I wake up (almost always with great difficulty-I love sleeping in: my sin Harhar)...walk around eyes half-closed and then wait (snooze standing up would be more precise) till my tea brews. That's how I start my day, and I love my cuppa. So what is yours?

2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi bornfree (what is your real name..btw?)

I am a coffee person !! Piping hot filter coffee in the morning is a must for me....:coffeethat too with the foam and the right colour !! There...that makes me all perked up to handle the entire day with lot of energy !!

Believe me...I was thinking of starting a thread on similar lines just today morning..with my coffee Big Laugh

So..my vote is for our Indian Coffee- with milk, decoction and sugar...not the black coffee ! :)

Cheers
    Krithika

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  3. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi bornfree....

Me too had only milk in the morning till couple of years back.
    Now, its only coffee in the morning...and yes...I will never drink in a hurry....I will have it sip by sip and drink for nearly half an hr..:tongue...so I start with a steaming coffee and it ends to a ice cold one..

I have been teased "..... that even if you are licking...you must be able to finish it earlier"...Big Laugh..But I can never understand how you can relish the taste if you are gulping it....

Krithika.....I too love filter coffee..though not too strong....I try telling friends going on vacation to India to return with a few packs for me.....but in between managing with the instant coffees

4. shawrup

shawrup New IL'ite

i am definitaly a tea person. I need my cup of tea with ginger..

I have been told that too much tea is no good....but still it makes me feel so good and i am in my best mood all day long. i just love our indian chai with ginger.....

please let me know why tea is bad?

5. bornfree78

bornfree78 New IL'ite

Hi,

Well we are going 50:50 till now. Let us see what other IL's vote upon.

Krithika: Thanks for your FB! You can call me Fiona (not the princess, the ogre Big Laugh)

I love the Indian filter coffee...I had it a few times with nutmeg and cardomom and it tastes good :2thumbsup: It does not get me as high as the other ones I've experimented with.

Shawrup: I am not sure why tea is bad for one, perhaps anything in excess is not good, so... Hope someone can shed more light on this one!

Keep the polls rolling in ladies!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

It has to be a cup of strong coffee.Now with summer ,I let it go.But otherwise it has to be coffee to have an active day.

7. janaki25

janaki25 Senior IL'ite

I just cannot start my day without a cup of coffee.But this addiction started only a couple of years back(when I got married)My husband being a total coffee person,I was too lazy to make tea for myself......so my vote goes for coffee

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I love coffee but i i had been brought up with the habit of drinking milk. So for sure i need milk in the morning as soon as i brush my teeth. Likewise in the evening. With biscuits.

9. mui kanva

mui kanva Senior IL'ite

Hi bornfree..

I am a coffee person :coffee.. I was not so till I went to hostel.. The food used to be yuck and then started to have 2 huge cups of coffee for my breakfast.. and now I should say I need coffee in the morning to kick start my day and one in the evening to keep it going till night..... :cheers

10. minu

minu New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I like tea & coffee both but my hubby prefers tea.In winters I drink tea with ginger and during summer time with green cardamom powder.
    When lazy I prepare coffee in microwave and enjoy drinking it.:coffee
    Cheers,
    Minu