More of life with a happy attitude

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by hasa, Jan 29, 2008.

1. hasa

hasa New IL'ite

ATTITUDE AND HAPPINESS

This blog is posted by Moin at IBIBO.com.
    I felt i had to share this with my friends here at IL as we can probably have, more of life with a happy attitude.

[FONT=comic sans ms,sand]A father had taken his son to a pet shop to buy him a puppy for a birthday present. "Decided which one you want?" he asked his son. [/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms,sand]"Sure!" replied the boy, pointing to one puppy who was wagging his tail enthusiastically. “I want the one with the happy ending." [/FONT]
    [FONT=comic sans ms,sand]The way to happiness:K[FONT=comic sans ms,sand]eep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Fill your life with love. Scatter sunshine. Forget self, think of others. Do as you would be done by. Try this for a week and you will be surprised." [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=comic sans ms,sand]Happiness can come in fits and starts. It can be triggered off by stimuli, internal or external. It can be a constant backdrop in your life, a hum as it were. Or you can experience moments of emotional highs and lows—peak experiences, as American psychologist Dr Abraham H. Maslow called them. According to Dr Maslow, these are "transient moments of self-actualization. They are moments of ecstasy which cannot be bought, cannot be guaranteed, cannot even be sought... Practically everyone does have peak experiences, but not everyone knows it. [/FONT]
    [FONT=comic sans ms,sand]Height of happiness, this moment of bliss,a[/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms,sand] musician finds this high note in a song; a sportsman, in his game; the dancer in the frenzy and rhythm of the dance; a meditator in the feeling of connecting with the universe. [/FONT]
    [FONT=comic sans ms,sand]According to an old [/FONT][FONT=comic sans ms,sand]legend,there was a time when all men were happy, but they misused happiness. Brahma decided to take it away and hide it where no one could possibly find it. There were many suggestions-bury it deep in the earth, sink it into the ocean—but it appeared there was no place that man could not reach. [/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms,sand]Brahma's decision: "We will hide it deep down in man himself, for he will never think to look for it there." And man goes looking for happiness in all unlikely places, circumstances or people, neglecting to look within. [/FONT]
    It has been said that Happiness is something hard to gain or to have all the time but, what we have to believe in is that " Happiness is an attitude of mind,born of the simple determination to be happy under all outward circumstances."
    A teaching story... Jerry was the manager of a restaurant. He was always in a good mood. When someone asked him how he was doing, he would reply: If I were any better, I would be twins!" Many of the waiters at his restaurant quit their jobs when he changed jobs, so they could follow him around from restaurant to restaurant,because was a natural motivator. If an employee was having a bad day, Jerry was always there, telling him to look on the positive side of the situation. Once his friend asked him how do you manage to be positive all the time, Jerry replied, "each morning I wake up and say to myself,I have two choices today. I can choose to be in a good mood or I can choose to be in a bad mood. I always choose to be in a good mood. Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be victim or I can choose to learn from it. I always choose to learn from it.
    After several years, his friend came to know that Jerry accidentally did something you are never supposed to do in the restaurant business. He left the back door open. And then in the morning, he was robbed by three armed men, while Jerry trying to open the safe box, his hand, shaking from nervousness,slipped off the combination. The robbers panicked and shot him. Jerry was found and rushed to the hospital and after 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care,Jerry was discharged from the hospital with fragments of the bullets in his body.
    After six months of the accident, when Jerry was asked how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I would be twins. Want to see my scars?"
    After they shot me, as I lay on the floor, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or could choose to die. I chose to live."
    Jerry continued, Paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine. But when the wheeled me into the Emergency Room and I saw the expression on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read " He's a dead man I knew I needed to take action."
    "There was a big nurse shouting questions at me," said Jerry. She asked if I was allergic to anything." 'Yes, to bullets, I replied.'
    Over their laughter, I told them: " I am choosing to live. Please operate on me as if I am alive, not dead, Jerry lived thanks to God, to the skills of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude.
    The only thing that truly yours - that no one can control or take from you is your attitude, so if you can take care of that, everything in life becomes much easier.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2012

2. Aspire

Aspire Gold IL'ite

Yes, being happy and positive is a matter of one's attitude!