1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mookuthi

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by kbhuvi, Feb 11, 2012.

1. kbhuvi

kbhuvi New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am bhuvana. Got married an year before in a traditional family. My husband wants my nose pierced now. He wants me to wear a mookuthi in my right nose.
    He wants my earlobes to be pierced also and wear two studs on each ear. I opposed initially but he insisted a lot and agreed. I fear a lot for the pain involved.

Ladies, you would have pierced your nose,ear and put mookuthi and studs in top ear. Share your experiences if any for getting mookuthi.

He is planning to bring achari to home soon to get me mookuthi.

Make this post interesting by sharing your experience and encourage me to accept the pain.

2. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

You can pierce your nose in Jewelry shops itself........
    no need to bring achari and all.

3. kbhuvi

kbhuvi New IL'ite

Lalitha,my husband does not like piercing in jewellery shop,he wants it done traditionally
    by achari. Thts why he is planning like that. I am scared of piercings with needle and pain.
    Have you pierced your nose ? Share your experience if yes.....

4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hello kbhuvi...

i had pierced my nose a few years back; i had been to the saloon and got it done.

and thank God- except for the sound (which is something like a stapler) there was nothing bad about it. it was a gun shot!

i was dreading the pain and thot i will be in tears- but the funny thing is, i had absolutedly no pain and in a couple of minutes- it felt like i was born with it and from the parlour i had met friends over for lunch and spent the entire day out. i had no pain at all and it was very smooth.

from the parlor they will tell you to change the nose pin in 3 days if you fancy; but i didnt and kept it on for 6 months- i wanted it to heal well. and i used to apply a bit of haldi every night near the piercing so that it heals fast.

its been more than 3-4 years now and i have no issues today. when i am on a casual outing i wear a ring and for any traditional event i wear a small stud type one..

you will be fine

1 person likes this.
  5. vidhyabharath

vidhyabharath Silver IL'ite

Hi Kbhuvi!

My opnion you can pierce your nose with the experienced doctor or with the beauty parlour person, if ur hubby is very particular that the nose piercing done only by achari means, then u should go very nice achari who is well experienced, becoz i pierced right nose twice with the achari only, but it failed, it doesn't work out.

You can pierce ur nose In GRT or nathella, they are well experienced, I think they will apply some cream before piercing so that u wont feel much pain.

Take care and all the best.

Regards
    Vidya Bharath

6. kbhuvi

kbhuvi New IL'ite

I am not lucky to get it pierced by beautician... he won't allow me to go to parlour and get it pierced.... already he has planned to bring achari and do it traditionally....

7. kbhuvi

kbhuvi New IL'ite

Vidya,it is nice to hear from you. You too got pierced from achari it seems. That too twice. Can you share your experience why you got twice pierced ? You got any infection and pierced it twice ? I am scared hearing that you got pierced twice...

Regarding going to GRT, i have to ask my husband for getting pierced with GRT or atleast achari who is coming to home is experienced or not.... Four ear studs and nose piercing will take a lot of pain for piercing everyone says....Scared very much...

8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhuvi,

There are some more threads on the same topic. You might be interested in reading those as well. I am sure you will find many more such posts there.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/16292-share-your-nose-ring-story.html?highlight=nose+studs

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/jewellery/44634-nose-piercing.html?highlight=nose+piercing

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/jewellery/94902-second-ear-piercing.html?highlight=nose+piercing

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/j...th-nose-piercing.html?highlight=nose+piercing

If you go to this page, you will find a grey bar just below the "Post New Thread" option where you have an option "Search Forum". Click on that and give a search for "Nose piercing". You will find many more threads there on the topic of piercings and nose rings/studs.

This is what your search page will look like:

Search:
    Type: Posts; Keyword(s): nose, piercing; Forum: Indian Fashion Trends, Clothing & Apparels, Jewellery and child forums

followed by a list of all the threads on the topic with their links.

All the best.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Get yourself a local anaesthetic oinment that can be used during piercing. Get yourself a good achari who is adept. you can first do one pair of ear, and nose. tell your husband you will get the secondary one after this one heals instead of getting everything done in one shot.

all the best

2 people like this.
  10. sirisyam

sirisyam Silver IL'ite

i got my nose pierced some 15 years back. twice from an achari. i was painful for a couple of days. my mom used to apply a mixture of warm coconut oil+haldi twice a day. And froth of rice while it was cooking.
    both will reduce pain and faster healing.

but now i lost my nose stud and still searching to buy a good one. afraid if it left like that, may close completely leaving a pierced kind of scar on the nose. so using a dried curry leaf stick as i dont have neem stick here.