1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mookuthi Piercing --in Laws Insisting

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mirrorimage, Aug 30, 2018.

1. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Second hole in the ear looks good choice. This is only a suggestion. I have pierced second hole long time back and changing the ear rings with a variety. It is fashionable. I never had the idea to pierce my nose at any time and nobody compelled me.That also you can see with the clip one whether it suits you or not.

2. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Be diplomatic. The diamond is bought with your money. Take the nosepin and say you will get pierced. After sometime give excuses that you have allergy and you cant pierce nose.

Someone suggested to go for 2nd ear piercing...i think that is a good idea too.

Sunshine04 and shravs3 like this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Pierce your nose if you want to, not because of what MIL says. And if it suits your look. It's a nonstarter for me since my nose skin is not as delicate as the ears and I am a wimp about dealing with pain. My grandmother had the traditional "besari" and even "bullaku nathu" and wisely distributed their stones evenly to all her granddaughters to use as they pleased, instead of insisting on piercings. We are eternally grateful to her.

4. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

If you are not comfortable with MIL asking you to pierce your nose, you have the right to react the way you did. It is one thing to buy a nosering for an already pierced nose, but to put pressure on someone by buying a nosering first and then insisting that they pierce it, is another.

My MIL was big on this kind of "advise" in the beginning like-do not use a dryer for your hair, apply more moisturizer on your feet, wear a gold necklace etc. etc, which would often be accompanied by some kind of taunt. I am not comfortable with this kind of comments as how I groom myself is not anybody's business. I put an end to it by ignoring completely or just plain telling her that I cannot do what she asks.