1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mookuthi Piercing --in Laws Insisting

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mirrorimage, Aug 30, 2018.

1. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

I am 5 years into my marriage....my toddler got his ears pierced and asked in laws to buy for new ear rings in diamond in india with our money...
    MIL got a diamond mookuthi and is asking me to pierce my nose....since its diamond....she was like "ALL MY RELATIVES PIERCED EARINGS AT AGE 40 AS SOON AS THEY GOT TO KNOW THEY WERE GOING TO GET DIAMOND MOOKUTHI AS GIFT,NOTHING WILL BE VISIBLE..IT WILL BE SMALL---PIERCE IT ----PIERCE IT..."

I got angry---
    somehow i am getting a feeling that she got diamond mookuthi for herself n telling it is for me(WHY AFTER 5 YEARS OF MARRIAGE..SUDDENLY WHEN I DONT EVEN HAVE HOLES IN NOSE--THEY HAVE TO GET MOOKUTHI AND WHY SHOULD I PIERCE HOLES JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE GOT IT).....
    I told her directly --"NO MAA I DONT WANT TO PIERCE,PLEASE PUT IT URSELF,UR THE ONE WHO HAS PIERCED NOSE"--
    NOW FEELING Guilty for talking like that

Similar Threads
    1. kbhuvi
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. leninmary
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Anupama S
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. charanya147

charanya147 Silver IL'ite

Hi
    Just keep a small stone bindi on your nose and see whether it suits you. .....if its ok you can go ahead. .......trust me someppl good beautiful after piercing their nose.....but only if you are truly satisfied pierce it.......afterall its ur nose....
    Whyyyyy saying no to diamond, just kidding. ....

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

my MIL too tricked me like that and I didn't get it pierced. I have 3 diamond mookuthis with me (2 MIL, 1 mom). I think you gave a right answer to your MIL.
    Put your foot down firmly if you don't like nose piercing.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Op, my dd resisted piercing for long, one day she decided she will get it done, she pierced her nose and wears a diamond nose ring..and right now wanting to try those funky silver ones.. so try a clip on and see if you like the accessory..

You need to analyse if you are , angry that you mil got it, or your assumptions that she got it for her..why not give her the benefit of doubt take it and say you will get it done later..

And if she got it for her a small diamond nose pin is around 6k..i assume you can afford it..it is ok. Think you made her happy.

There are inlaws who wont buy for the grand kids even if you are the the one who sends money, use the money for something else.

Pick your issues..not every issue needs to go under Mil microscope..

5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

There is nothing to feel guilty for it.
    Piercing a nose is a matter of personal choice. If you aren’t comfortable you need not agree be it diamond or anything else

nakshatra1 and sweetsmiley like this.
  6. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

on a lighter note ...some people would pierce 10 holes if they can get diamond nosepin for each one ..:roflmao:

7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

It is easier to pierce the belly button fold and stick a nose screw in it. The OP ought to tell MIL that the BB-piercing is the new trend among the young. And if the one who gifted the nose stud diamond wanted to see where it is worn, they have to kneel in front of the DIL and see the BB. And besides the new trend in MIL is to have her DIL wear low-hip sarees and halter tops, so that the diamond in the BB is very visible to all appreciators.

MalStrom likes this.
  8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

No need to feel guilty about it. Its your body, your choice, your decision.
    If you like nose piercing it try it, if not, be firm with your decision and be happy

shravs3 likes this.
  9. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

you can pierce second hole in the ear itself if u want.. like little up and ask her to buy one more diamond mookuthi for next ear.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

shravs3 likes this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha I was thinking the same :grinning: