1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

moneyminded MIL and SILs

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by silver, Jun 13, 2009.

1. silver

silver New IL'ite

Even after eight years of married life,still couldn manage my SILS and MIL.
    for all my inlaws trips to attend functions,my husband has to take etickets.They go atleast 5 times a month saying one/the other function.my SILs will get money (thousands of rs)saying urgent need and never return back.MIL wants us to get costly dress for all of them yearly twice.whereas she'll get a saree worth 200 rs for me once in a yr.inlaws get pension even then they'll ask money from my husband every month.SILS (both'r married) whenever we go to inlaws home,my inlaws have a list of places to visit .so my husband 'll arrange that .the whole family'll (INCL.SIL'S FAMILY)come for each and every tours.my BIL (unmarried)will give nothing to his parents whereas he gets money both from my DH as well as his parents.my husband 'll get all costly toys,dresses for his sister's children ,but though the sils 'r well off,they'll get very cheap materials for my daughter.sometimes she'll give her son's used dresses too.i feel irritated on their behaviour.:bangif i ask anything,my DH 'll say it's his duty to lookafter his family members.I don say that he must not help his family members.
    he must understand that he too has a daughter,without any savings what we'll do in future.i'm really worried.:help
    How to tackle this?

2. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Silver,

Try to invest your DH salary in some savings/bonds/house something fixed.
    In this scenario even if your DH wishes to take extra care, his hands will be tied. It is not so easily done as said. First find out all options savings/bonds etc., so maths to your DH saying if you invest so much amount per month in such thing then once your daughter is 18 you will have so much in hand for her. Dont say direclty stop giving money to others, but be smart and say let us invest in this to get that much amount.. when men hear the numbers and reason is daugher he might agree. Good Luck!!

Regards,
    Archana :)

3. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

Do some research and start saving yourself...

Check out Complete Financial Planning - IndusLadies for more information

Use the above as a tool to explain to your husband how much he needs to save and how much is left over to send to his family

Harini