1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

moms with two months old baby

Discussion in 'Infants' started by swtsvn, Jan 19, 2008.

1. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Mix Aquaphor(petroleum jelly) with Eucerin(moisturizing lotion) & apply, coz it makes skin lot more smoother.

My lil one had very rough skin but after applying its much much better.

Reg. weight have checked with ped what does he/she say? What about the diaper thats wet diaper & solid diaper? It counts when it comes to weight gain.
    Don't worry.

Sorry I am of no help. Talk ur concerns to ur ped.

DSrini

2. mmanbol

mmanbol New IL'ite

hi,
    iam not getting aquaphor in dubai. can i try vaseline jelly? i really feel sorry for my little angel.:cry:
    thanks n regards
    mmanbol

3. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

iam not sure abt petroleum jelly on infants. u cld ask ur child's doc reg this.

4. Sahiti

Sahiti New IL'ite

My daughter is 3 months old. She has severe dry skin and rash all over her body. She also has dandruff. I applied Cetaphil for some time. It used to get better. My pediatrician suggested 1% hydrocortisone cream, which was only intermittent in curing her rashes. They would flare up every now and then. Then I took her to dermatologist and she said that it is a form of atopic dermatitis which is kinda common among babies. She gave an ointment (a different composition of cortisone cream, I guess) and suggested that I apply immediately after bath even before drying her body and after that apply the moisturizing cream CeraVe. For the dandruff she gave Salex shampoo. My daughter is still in her treatment process now, but she is doing very good.
    If the rashes are persistent, it's a good idea to consult dermatologist. Atleast for the cold weather in US, do not use hot water for bath as it will dry up the skin. Only use lukewarm water. Baby soaps and lotions like Johnsons do have small traces of alcohol in them and will dry the skin in the long run. So the doc suggested any non-fragrance and moisturizing soaps/bodywashes like Dove should be good enough for the baby. Personally I liked CeraVe cream very much. And also watch out for the clothes that you put on the baby. Stay away from wool and fleece type material. Cotton is best and dress in many layers if the weather is cold.

5. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

my son is 4 months old, and he had worse rashes on his body
    his doc told us to put cort-aid, 1% thingy, and it now works,
    now we r putting this cort-aid 3 times a day and aquaphor creame for moisturising effect.

6. kriativp

kriativp New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    I have been reading the threads about the kids, and its very helpful. I am Pavani mother of 3months old Srikari.
    my kid has rashes all over her back, on neck & hand. i used to bath her with green gram flour, but in between i used aveeno baby wash & shampoo. soon after using it for 2 days she got these rashes. i am not sure whether the shampoo caused it or a small round to target mall.
    went to ped, she suggested Aquaphor. am applying it whenever thw skin gets dried.
    but i observed a lot of change in my kids behaviour. she used to make lot of sounds, try to talk with us, imitate with our mouth moments. but from the day she got the rashes, all the thing she is doing is sleep, that too only on her tummy. when i try to put her on her back, she's crying with her eyes closed, even if she is in deep sleep. not sure whether the red spots on her back are irritating or paining. am little worried.
    pls suggest if i have to take her to dermtologist.

thanks
    Pavani