Moms looking for sept batch nursery admission!!!!, join here

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by agilasrijith, May 14, 2013.

1. pritiparekh

pritiparekh New IL'ite

2. essa

essa Junior IL'ite

Dint know that there are 2batches - April n Sept..
    My son attended 1month of nursery in India,,and got admission directly. All the best.

3. Ankia

Ankia New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I too m planning to send my 2.5yrs old to Sept batch. Had no clue abt the importance of April batch :( We have recently shifted to MBZ. I still have to spk to the nurseries. What is the procedure? Is admission in nurseries too is as difficult as it is in KG1?
    I am thinking of registering my son in bhartiya Vidya Bhavan. Its close to where I live and plus its a well known school in Delhi where I grew up. I wanted to know if there is any nursery that has a tie-up with BVB for admissions.

4. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ankia,

Its better you don't wait till sept to get d admission since it gets full very fast. I spoke with Noah's Ark and Vision Nursery (both have sept batches). Both advised not to wait till sept. We are planning to take the admission in a week or 2.There is kotwal's nursery, felt it is expensive. you can check their websites. Heard only about these 3 with indian background in mussafah area. Noah's ark and Vision charge reasonable fees. There is no procedure as such. U hv to submit the required docs mentioned by them like

Attested Birth Certificate copy
    passport copy with visa of child and sponsoring parent
    vaccination card copy n photos(check with d nurseries for any other docs)
    Noah's Ark(mussafah) contact details 025591743
    Vision nursery 025518520. You can get their nos on the websites in case these details gets moderated.(fees details you can get over d phone)

About Bhavans you can check on other discussions on the forum. they admit children only if the child has completed 3 yrs and 9 months in april(cbse rule). Parents who hv their children going to this school can help review it.

Hope this helps.

5. Ankia

Ankia New IL'ite

Thanks Saps.
    I spoke to both of them n will visit them on Saturday. Whr r u planning to enroll ur child?

6. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

I am getting my docs ready for admission. I have still not checked out the facilities in either one. il be going there cumin sat or the nxt sat(depends on when DH is free) . mostly it wil be vision nursery coz location is closer to my house. DH can drop her in the morning. wht abt u, which nursery hv u zeroed in?

7. agilasrijith

agilasrijith Bronze IL'ite

dear saps,ankia

visited some of the nurseries and felt like they start coaching children as if they do for a kg kid.

the main perspective for putting kids in nursery is to get socialize with friends and get used to school culture.
    But here in gulf, nurseries are to aid getting admission for schools, that too only if a child studies in their nursery for a complete academic year(april-march).

In my view i feel little buds nursery,noahs ark is quite good.

Giggles seems to be expensive.

can any1 share their experience in Little Buds Nursery, busy bees?

8. Ankia

Ankia New IL'ite

Hey Saps, m planning a visit on Saturday to see the facility. Will decide then. By the sound of it, looks like I will go for vision. rest depends on facility and method of teaching. Also, I have read that vision is close to Red Mosque. I stay near by so... where do u reside by the way? I stay in MBZ zone 7.

@Agila, Hi! I haven't visited any of the nurseries but frankly I think the competition is so high and demands of schools from small kids and in return from these nurseries is so high that they have to train kids like so. This is purely my opinion. I haven't seen any nursery and also I stay in MBZ and so I am looking for something closer to my place.
    I personally loved Kotwals Nursery (chk out website) as they follow Montessori pattern but they are quiet expensive :(

9. Ankia

Ankia New IL'ite

Hey Ladies, I visited Vision Nursery today n quiet liked it. The only thing is transport. The lady there will call us tomorrow to tell if they can send their transport for my son. Looks like we r going ahead with Vision.

10. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ankia,

Sorry for the delay in reply. I will be going to vision nursery cumin Saturday. I stay in shabia 12. Isnt very far from our place. Also the lady said they have transport facility which comes to our area .

@agila, till recently i.e. atleast 1 or 2 yrs bck nursery was never a criteria for admission in schools. Now due to less no. of seats schools are demanding that kids should be nursery pass out. And it’s a good money making business. Schools demanding that they will only admit kids from a particular nursery with which it has a tie up. Obviously parents make sure kids go to these nursery for a hassle free admission. These nurseries have waiting list.

Just imagine how much money they earn a yr. assume Registration is Dhs 1000 per kid n 100 kids in a session. They earn dhs 1,00,000 in a session. There 2 sessions April n sept Dhs 2,00,000 just reg fees, does not include tuition fees . the general tendency is parents discontinue nursery aftr dec. Not everybody can afford dhs 1000 tuition fees. That’s y school insists on april session so as earn the max. Its pure business.

To tell you truth I am against putting my DD to so much pressure. I want her to interact with kids her age. She knows most of the rhymes thanks to all those CDS but she is a shy kid. I want her to gain confidence and get over shyness. At 2-3 yrs kids should enjoy and play. No fun in putting them in the rat race for excellence.

1 person likes this.