1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Moms Help Me: How You Breastfeed,burp And Sleep Baby Without Waking Them

Discussion in 'Infants' started by deepthivinayak1, May 11, 2017.

1. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

I am second time but even then I feel everything is new. For first pregnancy I was in india, so after breastfeeding,burping I put my baby in Indian swing and rock till baby sleep. But for second pregnancy I am in US and don't have Indian swing to rock baby to sleep.
    My problem:
    My baby wake up at 11.30 pm in night. I feed him (3 week old baby)one breast for 15 min , burp and the. Breast feed another breast till baby is full or fall asleep. Slowly without getting up, I put my baby in shoulder to burp. In this disturbance, baby wake up and starts to see the ceiling and everywhere for 1 hr.till 12.30pm,I will hold him in hand and try to soothe him. By 12.30 , he start to cry. I have breast feed him,burp. Again he won't sleep, same thing repeating till morning 7 am. I am not getting enough sleep. I couldn't hold him in hand much longer,my back and hand hurts. If I put him down,he cries. What should I do after breast feeding? What am I doing wrong?
    What routine you guys follow to put baby to sleep in night?
    ( my baby also not sleeping more in day time)

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

My routine--
    Before feeding the baby, try to swaddle him. Swaddling helps the babies to feel like they are int he womb... then feed the baby, burp and lay him in the crib ( still swaddled)
    Your baby may not sleep immediately after the feed. I had something like this when my DS was newborn. I will share the link---
    Target : Expect More. Pay Less.

My Ds was awake watching the musical mobile and slept when it was time. I didn't hold him until he slept. I would be awake and watch him from my bed if he was sleeping ( I would sleep after he had slept)
    Hope this helps

3. deepthivinayak1

@blindpup10 ,
    Instead of going deep sleep , he makes some sounds like horse (which bother my sleep in nights) and also cry if I place him before he is asleep in pack n play.

4. deepthivinayak1

@blindpup10 ,
    First one week I swaddle him and make him sleep. He slept peacefully but later if we swaddle , he makes sound like something bothering him and try his leg to push it from inside. I just wrap swaddle blanket lose and place him in PNP and on top place a thick blanket to make him warm

5. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Try giving a pacifier- I am pro-pacifier I gave my son pacifier after 3 weeks. It really does wonders. Now he is almost 20 months. He only uses a pacifier when he is sleeping or when he is tired.

Try to swaddle him a bit more tight, even if he kicks it's ok. Remember the kicks when your baby would do in the tummy? Swaddle him in a way he wont be able to move or wiggle out.

Don't have extra clothing in the crib- it's not safe. Be cautious is SIDS. Don't leave any stuff toys (lovey) in the crib.
    Have the musical baby monitor- this will distract him after the feed and will eventually make him sleepy.
    If he cries- keep talking to him from your bed, dont have to pick him up. I did "shush" method-http://www.mybabysleepguide.com/2009/01/shhpat.html

Where after a month or so, if I shush from my bed, my son would not cry.He would know I am in the room.