Mommy to be July 2013

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Mommyhoney2012, Nov 9, 2012.

1. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

hi ladies,

I got the same question too.. is valaikappu and seemandham two different ceremonies? if so, what happens during which function? and when do they do this? is it applicable for all castes?

2. helpmeangel

hi chitra

I think it is not needed to spend so lavishly on all the relatives. Something simple should be fine. And yes ,you are totally right. Save that money for buying gold for the kid. I have actually started looking online for gold jewelry designs for babies.. how adorable they look and how costly too!!!!

3. hermioneron

hermioneron Silver IL'ite

Hey chithra, helpme and ssm..

We are Tamil Brahmins..so valagappu will include only bangles.that too only mom and mil will put for me.but will invite many pple, give bangles, mehendi and lunch for them.parents are planning to call valayalkarann and mehendi wala

Seemanthama includes homam, they will squeeze some juice in nose..supposed to be good for the baby, then some other traditional steps.they will tie modak and adirsam in Saree and tell a child to pick one.they will decide the baby's gender according to the pick.not sure which one for which gender..

For seemandam dh is sponsoring the trip for around 15 family members.no option..dad is ready to sponsor..but Dh adamant at trip, accommodation, his parents will sponsor the function.

Hope everything s fine for all of us..am praying for that..

Tc

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  4. hermioneron

Thankooo so much for asking chithra..

Dint get green discharge after that.still tried to contact Dr.but secretary told if it s emergency he 'll connect.should try and ask him tomorrow..

Hey did u feel something in ur stomach...I felt something today..air bubble rolling..is t the baby? S t possible to feel this soon?

He he may be it s real gas..

5. helpmeangel

hi hermione,

I got some discharge which started as red when wiped then turned to brown for 3 days. But I did not check with doctor as he had told me that only red discharge is a problem. So am taking it easy for now till my next week appointment.

6. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Hi..

Good that your discharge is not seen after that..

I don't feel such kind of troubles.. Only thing.. if i sit for 30 min in the floor (I feel comfortable.. if i stretch my legs and sit in the floor).. or walk for some time.. i am getting exhausted..(Have to take deep breath in between..) and i tried one of my chudi which was stitched just 3 months before.. today i felt soo tight .. could not breath properly.. had difficult time to remove it(I think i made that chudi for perfect size i believe.. i dont know how i am going to give any blouse measurement..i have still not stitched my diwali saree blouse also.. i know i will definitely put on weight and then it will become waste.. so waiting)

Air bubble in stomach.. Madam have.. food properly.. else you could hear ur baby's voice also along with airbubble..:) :) (It should be gas only.. so soon you will not able be able to see any baby movements)

7. helpmeangel

hi hermione,

Also when I am sitting in chair at work, and if I bend towards the computer, I am getting pain in my tummy. And also if I try to get up fast from sofa,chair,down I get a pulling pain in the abdomen. This is so scary.

8. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Helpmeangel,

If you get such feeling.. dont getup immediatly.. just sit for a min and then get up.. i get the same when i am getting up from bed.. some thing nerves pulling sensation in stomach.. so while getting up.. first i turn towards right and wait for a min then get up..

9. helpmeangel

hi chitra,

thanks. I will try that today. Sometimes I forget that am pregnant, and just jump out of a chair or sit down real hard like in normal times. That's why the problem is occurring :)

10. hermioneron

He he chithra..gas trouble t seems..but am eating properly..

Eating at an interval of 2 hours..