1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mommy Schedules

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Bubbles, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Ladies, what is your personal schedule, with your toddler? When do you wake up, do things, go back to sleep, find me time (if at all, sigh).
    How do you find time to finish your chores? (ie how much can I realistically expect to accomplish?) I find myself constantly comparing myself to my (in-my-imagination) super-homemaker-MIL who managed to raise kids AND make fresh food AND serve husband AND keep house tidy and clean, without a dishwasher or washing machine.. Useless thought, yes, but dominant (probly in my spouse's head too):BangHead:
    When do you all do the cooking? Before LO wakes up or later? If you cook while LO is awake, how do you keep them occupied (besides TV/Tablet)?
    How do you make time for exercise/daily prayer/blogging etc?

I am currently cooking 6-8am (that's before kid wakes up), and wondering if this is what everybody does. I'd like to have some time to myself for studying, and that's possible only when kid sleeps..but there is sooo much to do then!

Also I'm struggling to find atleast 1 hour everyday to clean up... but just keeping the kitchen tidy takes up all the time everyday!

Advice please..and please share your (as-detail-as-possible) schedules for this clueless FTM.

2. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

How old is your kid? I guess better would be to involve kid in everything you do, whether its cooking or cleaning.. It will take more time ofcourse, but why limit our life to kids sleeping time only?

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I understand your comparsion and it gets very hard when u live with ILs or parents where they constantly remind you of their efficiency.

Kids, Parenting, upbringing methods, activities and also house chores hae changed a lot. Parents focus more on kids eating healthy, speaking right language, thier extra curricular activities clean clothes or hair than fresh/ hot food or cleaning kitchen or house all the time.
    If on and off, we have to eat day old food, thats fine.
    Old times, there were many siblings or cousins or neighbours kids and parents mostly did not care where they kids ate or spent whoel day. Atleast in my MILs case. Whole she bothered is about giving hot food to FIL. We are all isolated now, living far from family and small families to we focus 100% on our kids outside job. We all are struggling finding time for ourselves and have our bad days.
    No need to compare youself to your super MIL.

BTW, about me time, it hard and honestly when I get me time, 11 pm at night, i feel so exhausted to enjoy any of it. Morning I wake up late with kid. Once kids starts school/daycare, you might get some time for yourself.

Bubbles likes this.
  4. Anshika31

Anshika31 New IL'ite

I'm facing the same problem. All of my me time is limited to when the toddler sleeps- which is very less. He doesn't take day time naps and sleeps late at night.