Moment you treasure in your friendship contest - August 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Dear sudha,

very nice and touching post.

andal

2. Indhukarthi

Indhukarthi New IL'ite

First of all , I thank our IL for giving this wonderful topic ..I wish to participate in this NOT AS A CONTEST ... but
    to share the wonderfull feeling of FRIENDSHIP.....

Its a 11 years FRIENDSHIP.....

In a singing competetion as a participant we were seated nearby. i never thought she would become so
    important in my life when she said " ALL THE BEST" on that wonderful day...... She was under commerce group and I was under maths group...Our friendship continued for an year with just few His and BYEs ..We entered our 12th STD...An important turning point in life....My aim to become an Engineer and make my mother's wish come true was at the final stage.... It was only 10 days leftout for our FINAL EXAM. My fate
    played a great role . Our family met with an accident when we were visiting our family temple. DAD , MOM, Sister were in hospital with severe injuries and me with my fractured leg.When I decided that this was not my time to think of my exam but to be with my family, it was my Ranju who helped me and saved me from the trouble and now i am a successful Engineer...

Yes..Her family took care of my family .she took care of me till I got recovered fully.She was with me till the end of our EXAMs suported me , eccouraged me and made me prepare well
    .Eventhough she too had her EXAM on the same day, without worring her about her preparation, she sat with me and made me prepare well and made me to write my exams well by giving a great moral support.

On the day When we got our EXAM RESULT, It was She who was the MOST HAPPIEST person to tell me my mark..... The hug she gave on the day .... can never forget it in my life time..

Not as a FRIEND.. BUT AS A MOTHER she made me to do it.. So, from then I call her " AMMA" till now.....

Now we both are sweet homemakers ...and OUR FRIENDSHIP has become more stronger and stronger in each and every step of our life...

It is SHE who made my LIFE and I always PRAY TO GOD to wish HER all success in HER LIFE...........

"A FRIEND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED"

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  3. mummigatti

mummigatti New IL'ite

Moment you treasure in your Friendship Contest

hi IL'ites,
    i am a new member on Indus Ladies, registered only yesterday, but in one day itself i was so impressed by the contents of this site that i felt like contributing on this :idea

I would like to share with you the best moment in my life. It dates back to 1995 when i was stepping in seventh standard(St. Michael's Convent School, Hubli). I was just an average student who would manage to get just passing marks. One day when i was climbing steps to my class room, a new girl asked me where is Std VII B, i was in same class so i took her with me. Since she was new to school we became friends and shared the bench. She was very studious and hardworking girl. Slowly as days passed by i was getting very impressed by her character and approach to studies that i started to get influenced by her in a large way. Luckily she was staying near my home so we got to time to playing, Study, go on walk, spending a lot of time together.

I started to realize that i was gaining and learning many things from her. By the time we gave our final exams i was a fully reformed person. When the results came i had scored 80%. This was the best moment in my life when i realised my real worth and capacity. Since then there was no turning back and by time i reached Std 10 i was first rank holder and also "Best Girl"(A yearly award for 10th std students) of my school:2thumbsup:
    We still are very good friends and in regular contact on Computer Typing and on phone.

I really treasure her friendship even today. Thanks Rajeswari:hatsoff for being my best friend.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  4. sujathaindus

sujathaindus New IL'ite

Hi

I am a new comer to this site and was captivated by this contest as it is related to friends.

I have been making many friends till this point of journey in my life. They are like different flowers in the garden each having their own fragrance and cannot be compared. I have had most of the best, worst, happiest, sad, jubiliant moments with my friends as they were present in most of my adult life (11 years). I was with them in a home away from home.

In this long span of my time staying with my friends, I can never forget one particular moment when I was in real need. For my internship (last semister of my graduation), I was staying with 5 of my college friends (all from different parts of the country) in Delhi. As all of us were in 20-21 age group and just out of college hostel, we were enjoying the free bird life roaming, shopping, eating out in the Delhi's renowned bazaars. That was the time we just started earning money in the form of stipend and started living on our own. During this term, one day suddenly my temperature rose to 103F. And no crocin could control for 2 days. Went through series of tests. Finally after 4 th day, we came to know that it was typhoid which attacked me. During this time, my best friends took care of me like a child. They applied leave(only 1 leave per month was allowed) in turns to take care of me. They cooked (all were novice in cooking) what they can with the minimum things we had. (we just had a temporary accommodation for 6 months). Even washed my clothes as I could not get out of my bed. Made friends with neighbours and got hot, home made food from them.

Finally my mom arrived after a week. My friends went to railway station to receive her as she was coming from a small town in Andhra Pradesh and was new to Delhi. The joy did not lost more than 3 hours. My maternal uncle(mom's dearest brother) passed away that day in Hyderabad. So we had to start back the same night. Getting train tickets to Hyd on the same day in those times was just next to impossible when there were no online reservations and mobile phones. And I was still sick. But my "brave", "willing" and "can do anything" friends did it again. In the late night, they found all the information related to the trains...and managed to get two tickets till Kazipet from some broker...This was ACHIEVEMENT by the two girls!!. Finally we could board the train the same day. They helped me in the most helpless condition. I can never forget this moment which makes me feel proud of having such TRUE friends. As the days pass by...the fond memories with my friends just get sweeter.

5. SrideviSuriya

SrideviSuriya New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Thanks to ILS-Admin for giving a best oppertunity to share our best and treasurable moments in our life and also i thank God for giving me so many Friends.
    When i saw this topic i felt really Energitic and Enthusiatic and almost i went back to my school and college days.
    I have got so many good friends but the one & only person is my best friend Ambika.

I was going to 10th standard, my Dad got transferred to Madurai from Chennai.So i got admitted to a School in Madurai, on my First day to the class Every girls were shouting at me to come and sit with them and seeing everyone shouting i got scared and got seated in the first row, Then a girl came and stood before me and showed her hand on the otherside of the classroom and pointed towards the 4th row and said "That is my place u go and sit there, i'll be back soon, do u understand." and went away then i went to the fourth bench and sat there, still i don't know why i obeyed her order. But the only thing made me go there was she looked into my eyes and said those words, i think that may be the reason. After some days we became very close to each other and became best friends. Till our 12th our friendship continued then we joined different college and different subjects and there was no contact with other, 3 years passed by.I used to think of her in my college days if she was near me i feel more good but there was no other way to find her, Time passed, it was last semester, it happened in April 2001.
    Madurai is famous for Festivals, especially Kallalagar festival, One of the day when Kallalagar was passing through Annanagar Area there were so many crowd and i was walking behind my parents very fast suddenly someone grabed my hand, I was shocked and about to shout but i didn't for that second i was stunned bcs it was my best friend Ambika who grabbed my hand and said "hey sri, is that really u, I was thinking about u and confused may be someone else" .

Then we were walking holding our hands for sometime without talking, but something was going between us. Then we shared our address and then we came in contact with each other, still now we are in contact.

Thanks to Kallalagar for bringing my friend back to me.

and once again i thank ILites for giving me an oppertunity to share our best moments.
    Thanks a Lot ,
    And Happy Friends Day to all ILites Friends.

Regards,
    Sridevi Suriya.

6. yoganethra

yoganethra New IL'ite

hi all,
    "treasure your friendship "the title is really apt cos among all relations ships friendship should be treasured.i dont want to point here a particular person cos i feel friendship is a relationship that continues till we live.we make friends every where we go and friendship is made only if we feel we can rely on them cos only then we can share our feelings .so every small moment when we feel from the heart to say thankyou even for the small help that is rendered by any simple friend who may be even ur regular milk maid to the close friend who is still in touch with u should be treasured.

yoganethra:)

7. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

I would like to share the moment I treasure in my friendship with my virtual friends here in IL.

I was a silent reader of IL for a long time. Though I read many posts, I never attempted to write much. After a long silence I shared my thoughts and wrote that I can never express my thoughts over writing and I am not good in writing the posts here. All my IL friends gave a warm welcome and encouraged me and said I write so well ( even though it wasnt that tood:)) and kept motivating me to write more. Whenever I shared any good/bad news, I received their happiness/hugs which was a big support for me. I thank IL for helping me to get such friends.

8. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

This is one of my snippet from life, It is with one of my best friend.
    That rainy night,we both lonely and only a string between us ..

Yes it was late night , raining, we were in the same room , our minds not working at all , It is a night I cannot forget..
    and there was just a string we held on too. A string ... A string ...of ..of... I needs a whole post to describe it...
    I am ashamed , not exactly....

what do you think .. you dirty minded people.

I am talking about my room mate(both of same sex) , we both we both were tired back from office and our minds not working at all also in Bangalore some 7 yrs back it used to rain daily in evenings, we got simply bored and we were looking for a NADA (string) for a dress next day and I pat came a previous thought on how in my ragging session I had to give a speech on the Great Indian "Nada" .. Then , I started and she added ,

it is a truly memorable and absolute fun moment..It is one of the small naughty snippets from my life...

So let me share , recreate the speech , It is more than 7 yrs back.. Let me attempt and hope you enjoy..Infact you folks are also free to add to my speech ...

Bhaiya Aur Beheno ,
    Aaj hum aapko hamare desh ki aisi baat batayenge jisse aaap sabi ke jivan "jude" hain

Bina uske is jivan main badi badi samasyane aa sakti hain,

Woh aisi chiz hai jiske bina zindagi adhuri hai,

Jo aapke jivan ko hila degi,

uske bina aap apne aap ki sambhal nahi sakte,

aap kahin ke nahi reh jaayenge,

aap ki izzat, aapki soch, apke har pehlu par sawalia nishan lag zayenge,

Woh aisa haithyar hai zisse aap chinle to dushman ko pani pani kardein,

woh aisa auzaar hai , jisse aap dusre ko nani yaad dila de.

Dosto... woh hamare jivan ka sabse vishesh aur sabse krantikaari cheez hai.. NADA (string)

Aao bhaiyo aur beheno , hum sab apne apne NADO ko jakad , pakad aur akad ke khade ho aur uska naman kare.

Sab ,milke Bolo : Woh Pant nahi woh theila(bag) jisme NADE ka naam nahi...

Aaj jab , do bhai jab ladte hain , ek bolta hai , mere paas pyjama hai , chaddi hai , salwar hai , tere paas kya hai..Hain..(Amitabha Bachchan's aatma enters in me)

dusra bhai bolta hai...Bhai...mere pass NADA hai(shashi kapoor's aatma enter my freind)..

Like Praan the actor... Mein tere ek ek NADE ka hisaab lunga upar wale se.

Let me end with the Last slogan :
    Reporter(my freind is reporter) : mantriji( I am mantriji) aapka ek nara(slogan) ...
    mantriji : Beta!! Jaise hamari Govt ne abhiyan nikala hai , Each One Teach One.. Hamara Dushmano ke kilaf ek nara or sapna hai , Zor se sab bolo " EACH ONE KEENCH ONE"

I cherish our friendship , we have been with each other in our thick and thin . Please read it...

9. Beryl

Beryl Silver IL'ite

A true Friend is the precious gem that one can ever possess

A true Friend is the precious gem that one can ever possess. My friend Joodi(Judith) is such a gem! I met her eight years back; we could talk about everything below earth even at late hours without boring each other. We had same tastes during our college days, like we never quarrelled over our college crush but went together to library to catch a glimpse of ‘our-mutual-crush’:)

I wish to share one special moment here. I was in search for a rare type of orchid when she came to India for her vacation.Her home is near to Pothundi Forest. So she gave me a ‘tempting-helping-hand’ offer for search in her backyard,to which I couldn’t resist. I was ready with my packed items and we were on wheel. Next morning we headed towards backyard after promising her mother to stay away from forest. Our search ended near forest, we still could see her home,also the sound of rippling water on rocks nearby. We thought of having a faint chance to see it near water.

We were near;when I saw a beautiful plant, knelt down to take its image.I was talking to her about it and was met with silence,a forest silence,with cries of unknown birds,insects and animals.Still on my knees,I looked up to see her face.I saw the fear of death in her eyes which was fixed on something else,and whatever it was I was facing my back to it.Suddenly she got herself and murmured “run-towards-home, dont look back, run-towards-home” and started running.I felt my leg heavy with fear,maybe two steps I tried then I turned around to see it.It was difficult to make out wild elephants between trees, they looked brown with mud.I saw my death for the first time, still with no step.I heard Joodi’s voices and looked back, saw her away and in a safer zone.She understood that I was afraid,and wont move a step.She came back for me.Stood behind me and pushed me to run.We could hear loud noises behind us.When we reached a safe distance,we looked back to see elephant lost its interest in chasing us.

We were silent on our way back home.And I know, she did this, because I was her friend.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  10. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

I am happy to learn about glorifying the friendship that we cherished the best, thru this contest.

“I joined this organization in Dubai, in the Admin cum Commercial department and was handling all our imports/exports. One such customer was based in Tehran, Iran. I was regularly communicating with this lady Ms. Rosalin Simonian of Imports Section there. Due to the work nature, we were in contact on many occasions that went on for some years until she left the company. Our friendship continued thru private mail, though we both had never met in person until a day she was enroute Dubai.

She was on her way to Tehran from Germany and wanted to somewhat meet me and I was so happy and met her at the IBIS Hotel lobby. We both recognized each other on our first look and were so happy and lost words to communicate. She came with her boy friend from Switzerland and a German friend.

Her friends were at full of surprise that we knew each other for so long, but have never met and could not believe that still we managed to recognize each other!! That was a great surprise and a million dollar question which remains unanswered until now.

After exchanging pleasantries, we took them to Jewel of India restaurant as they showed great interest to taste our Indian food and we had a wonderful Indian dinner and my dear friend Rosalin relished the food asking for names and contents of each and every item. She enjoyed the spicy Indian dishes so much as also her friends. Rosalin, though she is based in Iran, originally an Armenian.

The day we met was on my birthday which my DH disclosed to her and her boy friend ordered a surprise bouquet of flowers to we ladies.

We still maintain a very cordial friendship thru mails. I am yet to visit her in Tehran and I look forward to that visit some day, some time……..”

Rosalin, I love you”. You are a great friend from a far-off land. I append few pics of our meet (in the public album, as the pics are not getting appended here)

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/members/12503-albums2002-picture9039.jpg

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/members/12503-albums2002-picture9040.jpg

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/members/12503-albums2002-picture9041.jpg

I have lots of Indian friends in India and outside and other nationalities’ friends, but this friendship with Rosalin is a very long standing one and my first non-Indian friend and we feel we share the same wave-length and I treasure this till the end of this journey of my life. There are many iL friends too that I would like to mention here. But as per rule of the contest, we are entitled to choose one friend and one post only, so I am not including any more.....

Best Rgds
    Shanti

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.