Moment you treasure in your friendship contest - August 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Promilla

Promilla Senior IL'ite

We two little girls from two different places
    Met by chance or the fate or destiny
    Our language was different and so was our attitude
    Both were oblivious of each other’s presence
    Happy and content in our own solitude
    Remember it all started with a hatred for each other
    You asking me some missed lessons
    The ice melting in between our hot tempers
    I wanted to remain the best
    You trying to snatch the title from my possess
    Our case was like the war of roses
    You hating me more than I could resist
    I talking sweet and stabbing your back
    You missing me and me in search of your pranks
    And suddenly we found a missing mate
    ‘Let’s be friends’ you stated
    ‘Why not’ I responded
    This friendship was based on trust and after judging each ones guts
    This was a mental acceptance of heart’s weird matters
    We both were tired of being the best
    We knew that both of us are meant to be US
    The bond of friendship is stronger than any word
    However far or not in touch we are
    This trust and feeling of belonging stays forever
    We both know we are there for each other
    Come what may
    We are there to smile or cry in every weather
    I do miss you when you are not in touch
    But I know that you are there for me
    It is just like feeling you every moment
    In my thoughts and in my moods
    It is just like one mind living in two bodies
    Years of testing and periods of silence
    Past in between since then
    But how beautiful it is every time when we meet again

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear everyone,

Want to share my most cherished and treasure moment here with you !!

"In February this year, my husband was away to Zanzibar on an official three month trip. As everyone remembers I had an eye surgery last May and the follow-up surgery had to be done in March. I was in a terrible dilemma as to how to go about with this since I needed someone for assistance in the hospital during my stay. My parents are also pretty old and difficult for them to stay with me during the course of my hospital stay. I was pondering as to what to do and suddenly decided to take assistance of my very good friend and ex-colleague Kala. She too had left her job where we both worked together since 1989 till 1997 but of course we were always in touch whenever I was on vacation. The only hazzle was she was based in Salem. How am I going to get her to Chennai? I just made one desperate telephone call that I had come down on vacation for the surgery and would it be possible for her to come down to assist me. She simply said "YES".......without giving one pause!!
    Things went positive after that. I got admitted on 4th March and she was with me. But due to health problems the surgery did not get done on 5th and I had to extend my stay till 8th at the hospital till which time Kala was with me and taking care of me. The surgery got cancelled again and was fixed on 15th, so Kala went back to Salem and returned once again on 14th afternoon to be with me. It is not easy in the hot summer to travel back and forth like this but because she was my best friend and wellwisher she did not mind her own problems and was ready to give her shoulder of assistance for me.

In this world of selfishness where can we find such true friends?

Whatever I do or give cannot match Kala's help when I was desperate !!

Indus gave me the right topic where I could share the most treasured moments of my friendship with Kala.

Thanks Indus Team for the beautiful topic for the month !!

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

A friend is one of life's most beautiful gifts.
    A friend will always remember the little things you have done
    the times you haveshared and the talks you have had

I have a best friend who is the most beautiful gift God has given me.

Her good name is Lalita, who is a Gujrathi. I can never forget her because she has helped a lot and because of her only I could get a good job .

We became friends in 1957 when we were in 7th Standard. She is a rich person and I was from middle class. We used to study together , go to school together. She used to take me in her car. During those days we were not well off but she used to help me by giving her books. Her family was very good and used to encourage our friendship. Her brother used to tell her if you have any heart share it with your friend. We were very close to each other.

After we finished our schooling during summer holidays she wanted to join Typing classes. She only gave me money to join the classes and because of her I could join the classes . For her it was only past time and she wanted to learn something. But for me I got a job as a Typist after learning typing. I felt very sad when I had to part with her as we came from Hyderabad to Bombay as my brother got a job in Mumbai. But still our friendship is lasting. Our friendship is 53 years old. Everyone should have a friend like her, though rich but still friendly with everyone.

She was a person whom I can think of and suddenly smile
    a friend doesnot have to be told that they are special
    because theyknow you feel that way

She was a friend who does not expect too much or give too little
    a friend with whom you can share dreams, hopes and feelings with.
    I am glad that I have a best friend who is a treasure in my life

I have so many close friends from different places whom I treasure in my life

These words are for my dearest friend Lalita

A friend is someone special and rare
    whose company is a pleasure
    whose advise you treasure
    a friend is always around to lend a helping hand
    someone with whom you share laughter and tears

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  4. deepasriganesh

deepasriganesh Senior IL'ite

Hello IL_Admin,

The moment I saw this topic, I wanted to post about my dear friend. My IL signature will explain that I give more importance to friendship..and you'll all now why if you get time to read my post....

She is such a great person that 300 words are absolutely insufficient for me to explain what she is to me.
    Each and everyday that I had spent with my dear friend are evergreen in my memory. So, I'm unable to differentiate which is the most memorable moment..

This is the shortest way that I can explain about my friend. there are many many things to write about my friend. Infact, I can write a book on our friendship...

It might not be considered as an entry for this contest as it exceeded 300 characters.....but I feel that I've got an apt thread to post about my dear friend.

It could be a very long one, but please don't miss to read about this great person, who has been my dear friend since 28 years...

Our Friendship....................goes as follows............

My friend Anitha... Our friendship started from our school days. I was in 4th standard when she joined our school. Anitha (this is her real name) relocated from Kancheepuram.Our school was in Chennai.
    When she came near my desk, she was a stranger to me as she was a new student/ class mate, she wanted to sit next to someone, waiting that any one of us would share our desk with us. All of us (including me), ignored her.
    Then the teacher made her sit on the first row. I sat on the last row. From then on, Anitha always sat on the first row and me, being tall, sat on the last row. We both continued in the same school until 10th std. we were class mates until 6th std, good friends until 10th std.

At that stage of my life..Anitha became my good friend.

I was able to describe Anitha as just a friend of mine.

We joined a new school for our higher secondary (Plus 1 , Plus 2). We chose different main groups. I chose science and she chose commerce. I had many friends in my class and so did she from her class. We used to go home together. We stayed just few streets apart each other. She always used to ask me 'Deepa, who is your best friend?' My answer was 'Oh my best friends, I can say many you know, Sujatha, Sangee, Latha,Lavanya and also you Anitha'. She used have a sad face. I didn't realize why she was feeling sad and I never bothered to know also. She was a person, who could not express her inner feelings, just by talking face-to-face. One day, she gave me a letter (no computer or landline connection at either of our houses). She had written that she considered me as her best friend, but i didn't consider her as my best friend. I was like..I remember mentioning her name also in my best friends list..then why she wrote like that? that was all I could think with my immatured mind that time.
    Later i didn't speak to her anything about that letter. I just said ..yeah i read..no problem..'you are also my best friend. that's what i told you also right?' and diverted from that topic to some general discussions. there were many letters with the similar content until we completed plus 2.

At that stage of my life...Anitha was my best friend in my sub conscious mind. I could not express it, as I didn't feel that she was my only best friend. Oh yes, that was the message that she wanted to convey though all her lovely , emotional letters that whenever I was asked Who my best friend was, She had expected only Anitha and a full stop from me, and no comma after that ie., "Anitha." but not "Anitha, Lavanya, Sangeetha, Latha, etc.,"

I was able to describe Anitha as a very soft and possessive girl. She had never hurt anybody through her words or actions. If she felt that she had hurt anybody, she used to cry , said sorry and never tried to hurt again. That kind of a person she was. I was totally opposite to her. I used to make fun of everyone and in turn had hurt many of my friends.

We still stayed at our respective homes, few streets apart. I used to spend most of my school holidays at her house as my parents were working, I visited her house almost everyday and spent more time there and i know all her relatives and in turn, they all know me very well.

We joined in different colleges as our majors were different. Met many friends during our college days. She introduced some of her friends to me and I introduced my friends to her and we all used to shop together. Both of us got a job based our expertise at different companies. During the days when i started to work, I realized that I had become a soft spoken person and almost everyone liked me ..they said that I was a soft spoken person and i had never hurt anyone. and yeah, I had inherited that nature from my best friend Anitha. That was my reply to those who asked me how I remained a soft natured person. Yeah, Anitha flashed my conscious and sub-conscious mind as my best friend, with a full stop and no comma. I expected her to ask me the same question which she asked me many times during our school days through her letters. But she didn't ask me..and that explained that she understood that I have only one best friend and she is Anitha and she has only one best friend and that is Deepa (me)

My engagement date was fixed. She accompanied me to the groom's house along with my parents for my engagement. I wanted to buy few Jewels before my wedding, she came with me to the jewellery shop to choose cute finger rings and other jewels for me. I had planned to do the makeup on my own for my reception and wedding. I had to buy really a lot of cosmetics and other makeup related things. She accompanied me to purchase all those items ...walking with me from panagal park until T.nagar Ranganathan street. I'm a match-match person., meaning, all my costumes, accessories should match with my outfit, starting from color to the style. So , i had bought accessories to match with my sarees that i had selected to wear from the time i entered the wedding hall and arranged them in different boxes.

My wedding date was fixed and ours was 2 days wedding, we had to stay in the wedding hall for 2 days. She came along with me from my home to the wedding hall, and for my reception and wedding, As i had to change different sarees, she helped me to sort my bangles according to my saree color. After my wedding, we had to vacate the wedding hall and i had to go to my hubby's home. She came along with me to leave me at my hubby's house. She cried very badly.....just like how me and my parents did..

Few years later, she also got married and settled in a good job in chennai.Her hubby loves and cares for her( It is too difficult for anyone to dislike her..)
    She is very very busy both personally and professionally.
    I'm in Singapore now and she is in chennai..we both exchange emails regularly..i call her very frequently..and we'll have a long conversation.. We never forget to wish each other at our important days like our b'days and wedding anniversaries, etc., .....

I call her Anithu..and she calls me Deepu.....We experience a great level of closeness when we call each other this way..

Another incident.... my hands are trembling to type this....I lost my adorable father last year on my b'day. I got the news @ 2:30 am singapore time. I was lost...horrified...collapsed...I didn't have guts to talk to my mom..my mom's neighbor said there were hardly any relative at our home..as it was midnight there...i didn't know what to do....i called Anithu. It was 1:00 am Indian time. She was in her sound sleep...

She asked me not to worry and she was there at my mom's home within 20 mins after I called her...I rushed to India the next day......and after the final event, She sent her hubby along with my other relatives until the cremation ground..

Later...we had to wash our home..all our relatives were busy..taking shower..She helped in washing our home..and we had to serve food for all our relatives..no body took the initiative to serve...we are brahmins..and she is not a brahmin...she came to me asking in a husky voice.."Deepu, shall i serve? Will they be angry on me as i'm not a brahmin?" I said "you don't worry..you start serving"

my mom is staying alone in our house at chennai....my mom's passport got expired and Anithu took one day off and took my mom to the passport office to submit the application.
    She messaged me that she had submitted the passport renewal application, I replied stating that "thanks a lot anithu..." her reply was "pls don't say thanks..it is my duty to take care of your mother..."

so...now..are we friends? sisters? Don’t know what to name this divine relationship...but i would like to thank her for being with me throughout my life..and I wish and will be with her ..anytime she needs me...and I give her a standing ovation and a royal salute :bowdown

In today's fast and busy moving life, it is more difficult for anyone to give importance to friendship. Moverover, ladies find it very difficult to continue their friendship and to keep in touch with their good friends after marriage...

But, Anithu and I are exceptions..and we are proud of our friendhsip.. Even we both have other friends., but we are TRUE friends..and I'm proud to say out loud that "I HAVE ONE TRUE FRIEND" and she says the same. Bow

Thanks a ton to IL_Admin for this topic..

Regards,
    Deepa..

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  5. rajikaran

rajikaran Silver IL'ite

my friend susan

i met susan on the first day of our residency programme ina campus in karnataka...and my first response was "wow"..she was more suited to be a model than a doctor..it was easy to imagine her on a ramp than in a crowded ward .even though we were the only two females in that batch of 8 i reckoned that i could never be friends with her becoz she seemed tobe from a different genre altogether..that rare blend of beauty and brains ..that often goes without a heart...(how wrong i was).we exchanged some banalities and then went our separate ways..i was posted in newborn ward and she in general wrd...she stayed in a posh flat all alone while the rest stayed in the residents hostel...after the first 15 days i noticed that i was feeling sick most of the time..the very smell of food made me sick an i was tired and depressed...even though this PG seat was my dream come true...and as my periods became overdue it dawned upon me that i could be pregnant...and i tested positive...it was the most inconvenient timing....my husband was doing his residency in north india and my family was far away..and i had just started my residency which meant almost 12 hours of backbreaking work in wards daily...but this was my first pregnancy...and so i wanted to continue it.....but how could i?the food in the hostel was unpalatable even for non pregnant and as for me the very thought of it made me rush to the sink to throw up...and i had to work hard to cope up in that super competitive world...i went to HOD to apply for a leave but she looked at me as if i have asked for the moon...i came back to the ward...either i had to quit the PG or i had to lose my baby.i talked to my husband..he was all for me quitting the pg seat but what about my dream..all the years i spend in studying?I was sitting in the duty room and brooding when susan walked in...she understood immediately that i was crying...she came and sat next to me and asked"raji shall we go for a cup of tea?"and i went with her to the cafeteria ....as we sat drinking the mud colored liquid she gently asked me what was wrong?i broke down and told her my problems...she listened without any unnecessary questions or sympathising comments ...in the end she told me"raji both of us have heavy schedules but as much as possible i will ease out your burden "i was stunned.she volunteered to take night shifts for me when sleeping is such a coveted thing with the residents...she brought me food from her house till the initial months passed over...when i was too tired to attend classes she copied all notes for me and even explained them for me..all this in a field of super competition...in my advanced months of pregnancy she used to gently massage my legs after hectic schedules in the ward...when i had labour pains 2 weeks early and was rushed to the labour room she was with me holding my hands and encouraging me...and she was the one who held my daughter for the first time and informed my parentsand my husband.....i had to take 6 months off and she completed her residency 6 months before me..she got a superspeciality programme in US and flew there ..we still keep in touch..to susan i owe the gift of my daughter and my PG....I WAS ABLE TO KEEP BOTH ONLY BECAUSE OF HER....AND I CALL MY DAUGHTER SUE in her remembrance....this is the greatest gift any friendship has given me ..that too from someone i hardly knew before...again i thank susan for giving this to me....

6. amlrekha

amlrekha New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am sharing a very memorable moment of my life..

The best moments of life always includes the friends... Right?
    (I know you are smiling)

Kavitha, my friend... This is about her..

We were studying together in school.We were in touch till we finished your graduation..

After that, no contacts as they shifted home to a faraway place and at that time there was no phones and we both didn't have a land line too.

But we used to write letters. Suddenly no letters from her.. I was very worried. Days went, months passed and years too (almost four years)

Then one day I saw a mutual friend of us in a temple for some occasion. I eagerly asked whether she is in touch with her. She told she got married for two months and give one contact number that was not hers but someone who is in regular contact with her.

Then I tried and found out my friend.. At night about eight thirty, I called and her hubby picked the call first and when she said the first "hello". I literally cried for a couple of minutes and then only started talking..

The next day, I met her in her home. That moment I cant explain in words. We tightly hugged her and she was pregnant that time. I felt very happy.

Then I came to know, she got married to the one she loved, but her parents were not supportive and tried to tie up her with someone else. Now they are fine together.. That made the gap between us as she underwent so many things and stresses. And no contacts were there at that time of struggling for her life.

Now we are happily continuing our friendship...

The moment I saw her again, is the best moment of my life..

She is the best friend of mine and will be always..

7. bhawnashah11

bhawnashah11 New IL'ite

Around 12 years ago there were two friends Ani and Mike. They both are very good friends they did their graduation together. Mike was in software company and Ani was doing her normal job but their profession never be hindrance of their friendship.
    Mike use to tell all the things to Ani and same with Ani too. They made such a bond of mutual understanding that they never have to explain any thing to each other.
    One day Mike came to Ani's house they were gossiping as usual, Ani have something in her heart and she expressed her love to Mike. That talk made them more closer but Ani noticed that Mike don't have same feeling as she has. One day Ani asked Mike to marry her and Mike denied and said WE ARE FRIENDS. This was the most heartbreaking moment for Ani. But Ani thought this was the one side love and she doesn't want to break her friendship.
    Time passes they were friends as usual leave the feeling of Love aside, though it was very tough for Ani but she believe that one day Mike will sure feel the same as she is.
    One day they had a movie and Ani discussed about her office friend and decided to make Mike meet her. This was the Bad decision of Ani.
    Now mike started chatting , phone calls with Ani's friend and this was annoying Ani. She thought now Mike was avoiding her. Ani keeps on calling Mike she loves him and repeating the same thing again and again by Ani made the Mike little bit aggressive towards Ani.

Ani decided to talk to Mike regarding their marriage for last time and she did but same answer by Mike -he doesn't want to marry a friend.
    Ani left the mike with his own life. Mike started meeting Ani's office friend , they watch movie etc. all this keep them close to each other.

Now Mike married with Ani's office friend and living happily without a thought of Ani that how much she love him. Now Mike and Ani never talk to each other but they never forget their birthday, only the birthday is the day when they both get the SMS ONLY ...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE by Ani and THANK YOU by Mike and same sms By Mike on Ani's birthday with same answer by Ani but still no talks.

Their 10 years friendship lost in TIME. Mike still resides in the remembrance of Ani but Ani doesn't about Mike .

Its sure they both always thought of their well being.

Love always resides in Heart without considering of getting the loved one.

8. Umasu

Umasu Junior IL'ite

Hi Everybody,
    Nice Topic to write our experiences and it takes us back to our school and college days
    I used to have always nice friends in my life. The friendship now i am going to share with you all starts when i was in my kinder garten .His name is Kumar he is actually my relative. I was living in a apartment at first level. My cousin brother`s family (My mom`s cousin sister)lives in the ground floor .My cousin `s name is Raghu .he is 3 years younger to me .And we have two more kids in our building .We used to play daily and on vacations we never go to our house .Everyday on our vacations we take a turn and goes to each other`s house for lunch .We will inform our parents earlier about this and ask our mom to cook the favourite dishes of our friends .I really had a very golden time.
    Kumar is actually Raghu`s friend.He lives in a different place, not in our apartment .He used to come only during the summer vacations and stay at raghu`s place .So like this he also joined our group.
    We both used to fight a lot and as a kid i never get along with him for many reasons .Like he always nag us and he is older than us so he wants everyone to listen to his orders .He used to cheat us when we play Trade Game, card Games .After two years he went to UP since his father got transferred. Out of sight out of mind as they say i completely forgot him and years passed.
    When i was in my 3rd year Of my Graduation Raghu`s sisters marriage was fixed .We all are busy in the wedding suddenly i saw somebody starring at me throughout the marriage .After sometime the guy along with his mother were just looking at me and talking laughing i was totally upset .After the mugurtham he came and ask me are u Uma? I said yes. Then he introduced himself as Kumar but i don`t remember anything .Then with the help of my cousin Raghu and my mom i vaguely remembered him .There starts our friendship again .When we met, he is married and he got two month baby thats why he said he didn`t bring his wife and his kid to the wedding but he showed me the photographs .And he was staying in the middle east. Then comes my wedding, my pregnancy .When it was my 4 th month, i got a sudden call from him that he literally cried on the phone that his darling wife expired leaving behind the one year old kid and him. Nobody can console him .He used to call me almost every week i used to give him my support .But after a year with elders advice he again married a girl and now he is happy with his kids and still our chatting continues.........

9. siya goyal

siya goyal New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    my name is sneha.just got myself sign in this site and got to know about this contest. Friendship always plays an important role in everybody life. remember my self before i met her my best friend .I was a complete childish girl dont know wht to say and hw to say but she change as a guide as a friend .

10. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

Hi every body i have a lot of friends from school to collage and at work place. I am going to tell about a special friend who really loved cared for me. she is BINDU.
    I stuied in a computer institute for one year. At the end of the year there was a cultural program. At that time only i met her. She used to speak very fluent english, very slim and fair. Just hi bye friendship at that time. After that she joined as a faculty in the same institute. I joined as a lab coordiator after few months. First day i went to institute by 10 am. Bindu came rushing and said " why you are so late i am waiting for you from 7.hearty welcome" she hugged me. first my in my life some one waiting to see and hugging. I felt togetherness bonding caring nature in the hug. we both are of same age and have many things in common. she didn't expect me to change for her.She loved me so much that she would say every thing to me. she listened to me and made me realise who i am actually. I was so free with her and enjoyed the life ever before. we would save 10rs and go out to have cone icecream. she will bring rice puttu from her house and will tell "i want to bring more for you, but only this much rice is there is my house".she would take rasam and curd rice from my box. she made to feel one in her family. Her mother, father sister are so kind and affectionate to me.
    After 10months i left the job. My marriage is fixed. when i introduced him to bindu. she said " my heart says he is best for you. atlast some has come to share my dearest friend" she hugged me and tears rolled on her eyes.
    After few months her marriage fixed. On the dias my bindu with her hubby. I went and wished her .when i tried to get down she hold my fringers very tight. Her other friends started to come and tried to pull me back. She didn't allow me to go. Now she is living happily in America with her hubby and cute daughter.
    Thank you bindu for making me feel worthy in this world .HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.