Moment you treasure in your friendship contest - August 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

August being the month of Augustus Caesar has started with a celebration, we would want to cherish and respect FRIENDSHIP in a different dimension.

The contest for August 2010 is....

Moment you treasure in your friendship

This contest is all about the most memorable moment with your friends that you treasure in your life.

Share with us the most memorable moment with your friends. Its time to remember your true friends’ contribution in your life, your love for them, their presence in your life, good times you had with your friends during the vacation, turbulent times your friendship touched rock bottom.

In short the entry should be an experience of yours that made you to discover your true friend in your lifetime.

Points to be noted:

• Contest starts today – August 2nd 2010 and ends on August 31st 2010.
    • Please note that the entry should be your personal experience with relevance to Friendship.
    • A special emphasis on how the experience made you to cherish the moment in your life with your friends.
    • An ILite can post only ONE entry - for it should be about THE BEST MOMENT!
    • Entries should be posted only in this thread for it to qualify for the contest.
    • Strictly NO COPY PASTING articles from other sites / magazines.
    • Entry for the contest should not exceed 300 words.
    • Best and interesting write up will be selected by the panel of Judges for a Special Prize.
    Let us cherish the moment by participating in this contest and pay a tribute to our true friends.

Wish you a happy Friendship day!!!

PS: Any questions about participation in the contest, do post it here in this thread and we will respond to it.

Regards,
    The IndusLadies Team

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010

2. preetitejwani

preetitejwani New IL'ite

Re: Moment you treasure in your friendship contest

Hello Everybody, i was untouched to this site from long time so I thought of restart through this thread. :)

Hmm... i am unable to recall what exactly was the best moment in my freindship because in my journey i have had many of them which one or the other way were both good and bad for me. Some of them were mean initially but as the time passed and they got to know more about me, changed a lot.

Apart from this i can only say that as there is a saying that "A FRIEND IN NEED IS A FRIEND INDEED" and this matters a lot in long relationship. I think you agree with me.

I just wanted to share one momemt which may be you will not take as treasury moment but i would like to share it with you. It was just a conincidence that I was not able to attend marriage of my two friends that are very close to me. After that they got busy in thier married life and i had very less contact with them. After few months my marriage got fixed up and i sent them my marriage card by courier and see i was so mean that i did nt even invited them personally. Okay finally the marriage day came and tell what happened as i was busy meeting all the relatives and with the marriage ceremonies i found my both friends with their husbands came on stage and stood by my side. Ohhhh i was just surprised ...and it was just shocking for me that i never expected that they both will attend my marriage being i did not. But still they stood by me. This was i think the happiest moment and after i apologized both of them and now i am in contact with them regularly.

This is just a simple one but i think i can only recall this.

I will try my best to be a active participant of indusladies by writing whatever i feel like because i want to be regular part of this too.

Okay then bye for now...Catch u all later.

3. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Happy friendship day ILties.

Friends are like flowers in our life garden. Their fragrence always can be felt.

I am sharing one of my precious friendship moment.

This happened not in my school / college days. It happened in an office.

His name is Vijay. I joined there in the office as a staff and he was working there as a packer.

He looked very scary but I have to move with him while stock taking and despatching. Soon I realised his inner childish feelings. He became one of my best friend and we shared all the things under the earth.

One day from our office, we all went to see Jurassic Park at Satyam Theatre. But from the opening scene, i screamed and shouted and i was very frightened to see the gigantic dinosaours. In the interval, I wanted to go home, but he teased me and compelled me to see the whole film. Immediately after the film was over, he went to pick up his cycle. I just ran out of the theatre but I dont know the route to my house. But I decided I should not see him, just caught an auto and espaced from there. The next day (Sunday) he just took his cycle and he was rounding in our street to find out whether I reached home safely. I saw him 5 / 6 times but hide myself.

He was very much worried but in the next morning after seeing me coming to the office only - he became calm. Such a nice fellow. He is very good in heart. Whenever I got scoldings from the boss, surely he will be there to help me. What sort of problems it may be, he will see to that i am coming out of it.

He will give so much advise to me on how to behave with people, what is the world, how I should react.. He showed such a caring for me.

After some day i changed my office and he used to come to my new office also. He got married and blessed with a child. And I could not contact him after that.

When my marriage got fixed, I searched for his address but only to know that he committed suicide and died. That day I cried for a long time. Even after 15 years, I still preserve the letters he wrote to me on his plans of upbringing his child, savings, his small likings....

Even after so many years, when I think of him, my mind will go silent. He is such a good friend of mine, so much loving and caring. Oh Viji, I miss you!!

4. Vaishnavie

Vaishnavie Gold IL'ite

Hi everybody... I'm here to share my most rememberable moment...

This was happened in my school days.
    My friend's name is Gowthamy. Me, Gowthamy(Gowths) & Iyshwarya(Iysh) were too close from 6th std. we got one more close friend Sahana(Saha) in 9th std. We used to rock in school both in studies & extra-curricular holidays. We were pets of most teachers. Gowths went to nagerkoil for her higher secondary(Hostel). We dint had touch with her for 3-4 months. Later she called Me & that moment i was very very happy. We three had a touch with her thro letters. Rarely we used to speak. During 12th we were very busy with special classes, tutions & all. In between her parents went from madurai to nagerkoil. We couldn't contact her even thro her dad's mobile. We felt very bad.

During half yearly holidays, Saha's sister marriage came. We were in thought of inviting Gowths but dont know how to. We just msged her the marriage date & send the invitation to her old address in madurai. We had 0% confidence. But on the day before marriage, i had call from her asking abt saha's sister's marriage. she ended up her talk with by saying "sorry i couldn't come".I was upset but realised her helpless situation. When i'm about to start for the marriage i had a call from her asking whether i was ready to go. I just answered & went to the bus stop to collect iysh. I got the bus which leads to marriage hall. Iysh was inside. I sat with her & said abt Gowths call. The next moment i was surprised bcoz Gowths was sitting besides me. I dont no what's going on.

Then i came to know that iysh & gowths planned to suprise me. Actually what happened was : Gowths got the invitation from her old address when her dad came to madurai for some reason. She called Iysh & came for marriage & stayed in her house. I dont know what to say & how to express my feelings. I was very very happy. We went to the marriage & surprised Saha too. Enjoyed a lot on that day. I couldn't forget that day(25th december, 2006). After 12th, she called once & said abt her joining in Engineering college, nellai & abt their future shift from nagerkoil to nellai. Then we couln't contact her. Saha also went out of town without information. Me & iysh are still in touch. Still we used to talk abt those two. Miss them a lot. Miss those school days a lot...

5. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

FOR A DEAR FRIEND

She sat alone, silently supporting me in all I did. My classmate in class, we shared little things- pen, ruler, ink. She gave me space both, literally and otherwise. Even as I was blissfully engrossed in my friendships, she asked for nothing more than just an acknowledgment.

Sometimes, when my days felt low, she was always there to console me, to make me understand that 'this too shall pass.' I recovered and carried on, never bothering to see the love behind those unselfish acts of friendship. In rain or shine, joy or sorrow, she was always there like an invisible angel, being by my side when I needed her and then, slowly becoming invisible when she felt that I could do without her.

Not for once did I think that maybe, she might want to spend time chatting or laughing with me,
    that maybe, she might want to tie the thread of friendship around my heart.

Much later, when we slowly bid adieu to the world of school and then college and the friendships that I had so carefully treasured gave way to the ravages of time, only one person stood steadfast. My invisible friend.
    To her I dedicate this poem.

Twenty years of friendship -
    no small thing.
    A journey of little joys
    on many a bumpy road,
    walks along the beaten path
    sometimes hurried to reach a place,
    sometimes at a leisurely pace.
    Strolling on a rainbow across the sky
    spreading our wings, ready to fly.
    Distance and time just temporary barriers,
    to survive
    the maze called life.

Today,

I gratefully treasure
    the beautiful threads of love
    that bind us with tender joy
    like a surprise gift wrapped
    with a sprinkling of stars
    to brighten the path ahead.

[FONT=&quot]God Bless You, Dear Friend![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  6. priyaiyengar

priyaiyengar New IL'ite

Moment you treasure in your friendship contest

Hello friends

"A friend in need is a friend indeed"

I had and have only few friends but I would like to mention them as 22 ct gold. They are my mind blowers. There are a lot of interesting, funny, beautiful, joyous moments which cannot be measured and I do not know how to mention all those events.

In my childhood days, I had a friend who was very close to me. She used to come by bicycle to the school. I used to present her small, beautiful keychains (so that the key will not be lost), but everytime she will lose it and we both will search for the key all over the school :rant. Finally, we will carry the cycle to a nearby cycle repair shop and break the lock and put a new one. Even now I will recall it and smile by myself.

This may be a small incident but I like that a lot ..........

I miss you my dear friend.

Cheers
    Priya

7. shomal

shomal New IL'ite

God cannot be everywhere so he blessed us with friends. My friends are the most expensive jewel that i have & which i will always treasure. through out my career i have met and communicated with many friends and still in touch with them. i have had the good and the best memories. Bad memories have also accompained along with them. But i believe to write the bad memories on sand and good memories on stone. so that all my bad memories are washed away with the every wave that comes to the shore.

Last year on friendship day, we all girls stiched a smilar pattern with diffrent colours and ordered food from out, cut cake together and had a photosession. it was a blast and everybody envyed our group and tried way to break the bond. even though i have seperated from my organisation but i do make a point to be in touch with them for all occassions.

8. Powlin

Powlin New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Friends play very important role in in our lives whether its pleasurable moment or depressed moment. Their presence always makes our life with lot of good memories. If i talk about the good time with my friends i have may to share. But the most treasurable moment which still cherish, I would like to share it with you.

In my previous company, we were five friends. We all five spend time together whenever we get time during our breaks. Other than office we never met outside. One of them left the company for higher studies but were in Delhi and we talk over the phone.

Now it was my time to move. I have to shift from Delhi to Chennai. It was really painful for me to leave my friends and go. Two of them literally cried. I controlled myself and convinced them. I came to chennai and was in touch with them over the phone. After tem months, I visited Delhi for one week for some work. I was scheduled tight that I was not able to meet all my friends. I met my classmates on the way. I was very much sad by thinking that i may miss my previous company friends and go back without seeing them. Its very difficult to go and meet each one of them as i do not have much time. But to my surprise, they all planned and took off from work and one from her college and came to see me in my aunts house where i was staying. I was so excited and happy to see all of them. We hugged with joy. The whole day we spent time together. that was a most memorable day in my life.

I miss you all my friends.

Powlin

9. sanjanna

sanjanna New IL'ite

Regarding cookery

Hello,
    This is sanjana. The cookerys u are showing are very good.But the items will be displayed in english, so display the items in kannada also by side.that time it is to understand and prepare in there house very quickly.

Sanjanna......:idea

10. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Hello All My Dear Friends at IL,

I being a very introvert person, am not very good at making friends. However, I do have good friends, though a handful of them (literally) and I value their existence in my life the most. I shall present here one incidence, which changed my life, its course and meaning to a great extent.

I was going through a turmoil in my life, was at the corner of the road where I was taking a big decision of my life. Though I was firm and clear in my decision and new the course I was going to take, I was bogged down with the thought 'Why Me! Why in spite of being so considerate, adjusting and so on so forth, why on earth I have to go through such things in life!'

As I am not open to discussion, I kept things mostly with me, other than my parents who stay at a far off place. As a result, my days were completely cast with darkness, mind muddled with negative thoughts.

At this time, this friend of mine (that time, I even did not consider him as a friend) came over to ask whether there was anything wrong with me! I decided to open up my mind to him. After listening, he only told 'there are problems everywhere. It is the way one handles it!'. He brought me a CD of Veena recital by Vidhushi Veena E Gayathri and the CD of MelaragaMalika by M S Subhalakshmi. Also he gave me the song 'Kurai Ondrum Illai' by MSS.

By then, I was hardly exposed to Carnatic music. But these did a magic!

I did not understand anything of the meaning of the song Kurai Ondrum, as the language was unknown to me. But music transcends beyond all boundaries. I was just transfixed when I listened to it for the first time. My friend explained me the meaning and also I downloaded the meaning from the internet. The tune, the devotion in Carnatic music, the devotion in rendering the song by MSS took me somewhere else. It was completely different experience, a blissful moment in my life. It gave me enormous strength. As if I felt inside me that, there was something much bigger, much better waiting for me in my life.

Same was with Gayathriji's Veena. This was the first time I listened to Veena recital. I felt she was trying to convey something to me and I was just not ready to receive it. But somehow, I was able to see a bright light of hope and happiness at the end of the tunnel of seemingly endless darkness of my life.

One such evening at this time, I was absolutely upset by some incidents, was sobbing and crying as I was walking down the street. I was praying (for the first time in my life) 'Oh God! When shall I be able to say Kurai Ondrum Illai'.

It is still a surprise to me, how it happened! But it happened. Suddenly I felt an indomitable strength in me. I took the decision for my life that evening. Some opportunity came and that was the first time I stood bold and upright against all the odds and subjugation I was subjected to for years!

Then on, I started humming Kurai Ondrum whenever I was in distress. I cherished a secret wish of seeing Veena in my life (which was a far cry as I come from a different background and stay at a place where it was hardly a possibility). Around this time, this friend went home on leave and brought his Veena!!! My joy knew no bounds when he declared that he decided to keep his Veena at my house!!!

Oh Lord!! What a divine experience He has blessed me with. Not only I could see Veena for myself, I started playing it subsequently.

Now there is not a single day when I do not play Veena or do not listen to MSS amma's divine voice or Gayathriji's recital. It is a source of joy, inner peace and strength for me now.

I believe, this particular incident, which was a turning point in my life, would never happen had my friend not given me those CDs that day.

I am ever grateful to this friend of mine. I know, I can never do equivalent good in his life. I always felt, that I never did any justice to express my heartfelt gratitude to my friend, who came like an Angel to my life, I do not know how to do it even.

Thank you IL, for giving me this opportunity to pour my heart out hear. May God bless him with all the happiness. May he find the right direction and place in his life to touch many hearts with his Angel-like smile and big soul. May he get the very best of everything in life, which he deserves for his extraordinary intelligence and his inner strength.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.