1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mom Sucks Again... Need Help

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by SGBV, Apr 28, 2020.

1. nolife

nolife Silver IL'ite

This is similar case with my grand mother and to an extent my mother. My grand mother makes so much drama and talks non sense all the time. She has 2 sons and 2 daughters. My mom is close to her and she keeps getting that 90 year old every now and then. One DIL does not allow her inside her house and so is the case with my mothers sister. So she is left with 2 kids one son and one daughter (my mom ) to take care. My mom keeps showing me sympathy that we donno how long she will live . I told her that I have put up with her 35 years and still she is not dead and how long shld I need to put up more. I am divorced and all day my mother thinks of his her mother and she makes a call to her daily where as for matches I need to plead her to make a call. OP if all of you can come in terms let your mom stay alone with a maid. We cannot keep sacrificing our mental peace just because they raised us for 20 years. They are dependant on us for more than the time they raised and with no gratitude.

kishoremommy likes this.
  2. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

I agree with you, the change in socio economic gap is huge now a days. life is fast and more stressfull. it is not slow 90s . parents or grand parents have to adapt. if it is food, that they cannot handle health wise, it is adjustable. rest they should help even if not physically but atleast mentally by not making too much drama.

you can lot a lot , by meditation and self help. but after that, you have ignore and keep ears shut

nolife and shravs3 like this.
  3. Benadryl

Benadryl Silver IL'ite

Its been a while since you last posted. And since no one mentioned, have you tried getting some medical help ?
    I have seen similar behaviors in my mom. But I dont care about her at all so am not fussed. But I think you should consider getting some psychiatric help. And dont hide behind the lock down limitations. There are doctors who are happy to do a skype consult - if it works out will save you future trips to the dr.

kishoremommy likes this.