1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MOM/MIL working and you a homemaker??

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mithy232, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Tara09

Tara09 New IL'ite

Yes, Mithy, so many of the American woman stay home and in fact they are proud that they have sacrificed their careers to give undivided attention to their little ones and home. It can be seen so much here with so many women. In fact the area where I live, you can find most of the moms at kids school doing some kind of volunteer work like being a story parent, helper parent, helping in directing carpool line, helping in lunch cafeteria, in media center(library) and in so many other ways. They feel proud and happy that they are near to their kids like that.

If I do not find time to check my mail even one day after some notice comes out requiring help for spring festival, art day, sports day or any such event at school, thats it the spots will be taken!!!......:rotfl
    My children have that constant complaint that I do not volunteer much at school. This time, I am aiming for the spring festival and made it a point to be at school then.....:)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. r.anjum

r.anjum New IL'ite

My mom is still working n MIL retaired few years back,but i stay at home.My MIL doesnt bother what her DIL's doing with their life,ofcourse give suggestion when we ask.
    My mom is like she feels we should do what we feel like doing.
    Though I had IT background work few year before marriage but after marriage it was my decision to leave the job n stay at home,some time i do help my hubby, ofcourse when i feel like doing otherwise I am happy with my son, home n browings

3. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

Many American women stay home..........I am still surprised!

Yes Priya_Mommy, now I am working on the other alternatives. Let me see if it works. Yet I will be happy to be a home maker because I don't think I can do the right balancing. :)