1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

moisturiser for infant

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Aachal, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Aachal

Aachal New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am the mother of a 4 month old baby girl. My baby is allergic to Johnson and Mother care products. Can anyone please suggest homemade remedies for dry skin?

2. varshas01

varshas01 New IL'ite

hello aachal!!

If you are eggitarian!! try this : mix well 1 tsp of egg white with 1 tsp of milk cream (the cream you get when u boil milk and not the cream sold in containers at various shoppee). apply this on your infant leave for 15 mins and then wash her with mild hot water. See your baby glow!!

Best Wishes!!

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Does she have rashes (not sure what you mean by allergy to toiletries)? What does the paed think those rashes are? I have a feeling she as some allergies and is reacting to something in your breastmilk if you are nursing her. If you have her solids, it is time you take her off it, rule out food allergies and then have her back in another 6 months or so.
    The trick is not to wash off all the moisture when you bathe her. So use tepid water, NOT hot water. Oilatum or Cetaphil cleansing bars are gentle, using mineral oil before and after the bath will help with the rash.

4. Basuradhu

Basuradhu Silver IL'ite

Hi All
    my kid is 9 months old daily im using coconut oil and johnson baby soap. i want to do some more moisturiser r bath powder tell how to prepare?

5. annu1881

annu1881 Bronze IL'ite

if the baby is allergic to soap, moong dal powder or besan should be tried for a short while. Massaging with malai or olive oil would also help.

6. sriradha

sriradha New IL'ite

hi all
    u can try castor oil from new born i'm using this
    its a good moisturizer u can give a try