Modelling - Is It Safe For Girls

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Star25, May 12, 2019.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

moved to ReHAB

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

Happy to know., But, no friend can put the problems better than the friend involved .

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

in my case, it was my husband who shared about this site when I stopped talking to him over a family issue. FYI, this is my 3rd I'd after I'd.
    Over to banter thread.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

As @SinghManisha and @Rihana already told...I don't care if anyone is posting the problem as theirs or someone else's..we all are here to understand problems of others and give solution..not to dig into someone's identity n all..
    As long as you are posting someone else's problem with their consent, and not disclosing too many personal details and maintain some kind of anonymity it shouldn't matter..
    Even sometimes when my friends came to me with their problems, I felt like posting it here to get a neutral perspectives in the issues..sometimes it may be on issue that I don't know anything about and I could use suggestions to advice better..but it's just that I don't get much time to spend on IL and post n read replies that's why I don't usually post problems of anyone else..
    Coming to the point, I think anyone wanting to know pros and cons of modelling ought to watch Bollywood movie "fashion".. They may see the bad side of fashion industry..
    Safety I'm not sure as casting couch exists to some extent..girls need to be bold..
    Also they are under enormous pressure to look skinny, may affect health in the long run...
    And no job security..
    Also after crossing certain age when women look older they won't get offers and modelling career will end.she needs to have alternate side business or career options in case modelling doesn't work out and after she hits the thirties and offers cease and if it's not lucrative enough..
    Just my opinion...I'm not connected to modelling industry in anyway but replying in practical way that's all..

5. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

@Needtobestrong : Thank u so much dear for ur reply to @SinghManisha and @Rihana because that was what I wanted to tell them as well as the other ILs who thought it's me who wanted to ask but asked it in the name of my friend... It's like u spoke on behalf of me what I wanted to tell. I didn't get a chance to reply to his post since I was busy in my other post that deals with my life and my ofc timings are odd because of books, so I get to login now only to reply bk... I am replying to all ILs now who have given their comments ...but thank u so so much dear

Needtobestrong likes this.
  6. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

@sbonigala, @Desiindian, @Amulet, @rgz , @Rihana , @Thyagarajan @sokanasanah @SinghManisha @saileela85, @messedup, : Friends first of all, I apologize for the late reply.. And thanks to all of u for giving your suggestions.. And to clear your questions and scrutiny this post is TRULY ON BEHALF OF MY VERY CLOSE FRIEND WHOM I KNOW FOR MORE THAN A DECADE.. I posted this as she was asking me so many times and I dont have any idea on this field.. Even before if u all remember I posted regarding "live in relationships " which was also for her.. After I posted that and gave her all ur suggestions she was wanting to know about modelling also from IL only.. I Don know how u all thought that it's me and posting it in on my friends name and doing it without her knowledge n all, if u know what a true friendship means that thought wouldn't even have occurred in the first place.. I was excited as to what u guys were to suggest and tell her but it turned the other way round.. I did read ur comments and I was deeply hurt with what I read and didbt feel to even come to this post again..i am not blaming anyone rather blame it on my fate since in bad times even helping others with a good heart ends up in getting a bad name unnecessarily and getting hurt..i only thought that IL was the place were people are there to help each other and get them to overcome their problems and not to scrutinise or investigate things.. A special and heartfelt thanks to @Needtobestrong for speaking on behalf of me.. Anyways I told my friend all ur suggestions and she was happy.. I also told her to join but she is hesitant as she is also not in any of the social networks as she too has some marital issues ( hope u guys don't think it's me again) anyways believing and not believing is up to u all.. I told what I had to... Next time if my friend asks me something I definitely will not post in here...Rather will ask friends in Fb or other social networks.. The only reason to post here is because IL is mainly for women, though I see few men too, and there are thousands of them in IL who can give suggestions.. Anyways thanks to you all for giving ur suggestions to my friend and making me learn a good lesson through this.. After all nothing comes easy in life as always..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

You know, I don't think you should cultivate this level of fragility! If you cannot be resilient enough to respond cheerily in a post, then serious issues in real life will seem even more overpowering than they need to be. The hand wringing is unnecessary. All you have to say is "Oi people, lighten up!!! She's my BFF, and she knows I posted this ... blah, blah". Add a hammer :smash2:or punch if:icon_pc: you want. That's it.
    The "good lesson" to learn from this is quite different. It is about how to respond to minor challenges. IL back and forth, most of the time, is like a practice fencing session. The point of the épée is not pokey-pointy, but blunt and covered with a button. There's a jab, but it cannot hurt you unless you get all teary, clutch your chest and keel over into an imaginary death.

"Nothing in life comes easy" if you focus on making things difficult for yourself when they don't need to be. If you expend energy on every trivial annoyance, then when something happens that needs your focused attention, you will not have the stamina to deal with it and overcome adversity in a spirited way.

As for my post, I was trying to lighten your mood with a comment about the sort of modeling I do!:beer-toast1:
    Do post. IL's got you - despite the drama!:wink1:

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Absolutely no need to take it to heart. It was only an inference neither you nor your friend nor your fellow IL’ites to be blamed. After all it is a virtual world !
    2.i chose to respond to your heartfelt FB quoted above every sister have right to express their views and every brother too in a family and you belong to this IL family as such no need to feel any qualms about scepticism of few.
    3 I tend to agree with views of @Needtobestrong .
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless.

Needtobestrong, Anusha2917 and Star25 like this.
  9. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

Thank u so much sir.. It feels good to hear and see this forum as a family and take the view as a brother and sister.. Sure.. It does help that way.. Thanks again

Thyagarajan likes this.