Mobiles and other Electronic Gadgets

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by kishoreg, Jul 18, 2014.

1. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Yes Shanvy that's 45 percent discount is on MRP(51k) that coupled with a buyback offer for your old phone(5k not more than that)
    yesterday saved a friend of mine from upgrading to s5 from his s4 felt really happy for that :)

2. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Yes shanvy I suggest you to stick to your ipad because the samsung tab4 sm t-531 comes with a 1.5gb ram with heavily skinned touchwiz UI , I had an opportunity to test a grand 2 which comes with the exact amount of ram 1.5gb out of which the user available free ram comes close to 500-600mb and it will cause lag for sure,

why don't you try out windows surface, if you don't wish to go back to Apple or
    Even the nexus tablet which is buttery smooth or go with galaxy note 10.1pro or 8 incher both are a good package interms of hardware,or a lg g pad 8.3 with good amount of free ram...

for vfm I suggest nexus 7 tablet comes with s4 pro quadcore and 2 gigs of ram
    s4 pro quadcore is nothing but another form of series 600 QUALCOMM soc
    which you will find in 2013 flagship devices

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ipad air is very good and is used by my son for his class lectures for iit.
    my husband has been checking this out and there was a good offer at inr30k. i was double minded. another friend of mine recommends nexus tab and contemplating on it to using a nexus 5 phont, i kind of like it.

any idea on the kindle series. looking on it for a friend.

1 person likes this.
  4. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

yea kindle Is good but the major drawback is the appstore, it comes with FIRE OPERATING SYSTEM(I would call it a skin based os rather than a full pledged os) on top of android 4.2 as a integrated os, you cant get google playstore and the apps have to be downloaded from amazon but for webbrowsing its a good one,
    the soc is texas instruments dual core which is not a performance based chipset but will be good for the general tasks ..
    wait for sometime , after the IFA Berlin showcase this sepetember, companies release lot more products with upgraded SOC's

as of now nexus7 would be a good bet

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hmm all of them have a con..

will wait for september then.. but a nephew states maami mobile is for 4 months it becomes outdated after 4 months, i was telling him this generation to keep a control, but i know that is the real scenario.

just curious if you are in india, and you are looking at a tablet in the >15k what would you suggest to a person. Asus,ACer's iconia, lenova's yogi series and the regular lava and others.

6. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Asus followed by Lenovo
    avoid acer...

Asus got great build quality and all of the above mentioned tablets comes with exactly same set of hardware, a QCore Mediatek SOC coupled with a gig of RAM...or a dual core Qualcomm soc

I like asus personally as im a user of their products for the last 3 years ....

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I meant <15k. options. and not >15k. flipkart currently has exclusivity on iconia .

8. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

yh shanvy the above mentioned tabs currently retailing at 17k ,
    but if you are having good bargaining skills you can get them for around 14-15k in the local market ,Xolo too doing good these days...

Infact the nexus 7 tab is manufactured itself by Asus..
    In flipkart between 11-15k there are good bunch of options available from
    acer,lenova,asus,dell venue series...the major drawback with them is no upgrades (os)

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

I know kishore. Abroad mostly gulf huwaei is bein g marketed aggressively. Priced very close to brands that we are familiar

1 person likes this.
  10. kishoreg

kishoreg Gold IL'ite

Acer Iconia which flipkart currently promoting comes with intel atom processor
    some of the apps within the playstore has compatability issues with intel processor