1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Mixie from India

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Pritirach, Jul 10, 2007.

1. fragrance

fragrance New IL'ite

anyone has used nikai ( the metal mixer ) not the glass one. can u grind chutneys nicely in that

2. akilaakka

akilaakka Senior IL'ite

We brought "preethi chef pro" mixer from India with 3 jar and 1 grind and store container.
    Its works perfectly !!

3. chinnirekha

chinnirekha Bronze IL'ite

hai,
    In india we can get mixers for u.s voltage or else u can get ur old one and use it with convertor.

4. pixelarch

pixelarch Senior IL'ite

Hi Naveena
    One year back i bought a Prestige Deluxe VS 110 model, 110 V mixie from India for about Rs 7000/-. I used it a few months and it worked fine. Later on upon getting a grinder i started using my mixie for only dry grinding podis and wet grinding chutneys or for araichuvitta sambar etc.
    Now since few months my wet mini jar fixed blade seems to get loose and comes out a bit while grinding.
    Also the bigger wet jar im not even able to grind cilantro chutney without filling half the jar with water.

So im wondering if u ever had a problem like this or does anybody here who has this model ever experienced this supposed to be good mixie almost die on you within a year's span.

What should i do, do i have to repair it or take it to india ? Anybody from the bay area and also ppl who have experience with this pls share your views.

Thanks in advance