1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Mixie from India

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Pritirach, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Sudhasanjeev

Sudhasanjeev Senior IL'ite

Hi priti,
    thanks for ur reply ,i hv black&decker for dosas so i was seeing for dry grinder luckily u gave me the reply that works well, yesterday i went to frys electronics to see the coffee grinders, i found mr coffee grinder is in good looking and worths 15$:tongue .

thanks
    sudha

2. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I was prescribed Mr cofee by another friend and am going to get one soon. Seems cheap too.
    For idly dosa batters, does anyoen use hamilton beach. It s 750 W powered and I havent tried making idli dosa batters on it yet. I made fluffy vadas, but there is a rumour that making batters in such mixies might spoil the blades.
    Any comments on this ?

Love,
    Vidya

3. Sudhasanjeev

Sudhasanjeev Senior IL'ite

Hi meen

i use black&decker it works well for batters like dosa idly vada etc...
    my friend uses hamilton she says its quite good than others, give a try on anything u wish letz see our seniors can give better suggestions.

thanks,
    sudha

4. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi all:

Great thread!! I'll visiting India(B'lore) sometime mid-Dec'07. Can u please suggest a good mixie for coconut(dry & fresh) grating and grinding and other basic indian needs? I was using Kenstar's food processor that bit dust last summer.

Thanks,
    Nikhath

5. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone,

i am new to United states, Wanted to buy a blender or a mixie for grinding purpose. i have been searching thru net and was totally confused with so many options. Can anybody help me out with ur exp.i got lot of threads related mixie section but still am not clear with the best product for me. My questions are:-

1. My basic purpose is for wet grinding since my kid likes to have dosas and idlli. So would a indian brand or an blenders avble here in US would be useful.

2. Inidan brands which are avble in US are very Expensive($ 175- 200$), so it worth investing so much on it, but if i opt for a blender from US, i would have to buy a sept grinder for dry grinding.

3. If i go with american blenders , there so many options , so which one would be app for me keeping in mind i would be using it for tough grinding.

4. i saw online blenders with voltage of more 600 watts, is that useful for tough grinding.

ur suggestions will be of great help to me.

Thanks in advance.

cheers
    vaidehi

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vaidehi
    I just saw your post and am going to reply though I dont think i'm the best person for this..
    I have an Ultra Wet Grinder for making idli dosa
    I use a regular blender bought from Walmart for 25 or dollars
    Have served me very well. have even made dosa idli in it. No problem
    just my opinion..goodluck

7. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Dear chitra,

Thanks for ur reply, Can u tell me which brand of blender u have. since i am so new to this country, am really confused abt which product to buy from so much variety avble here.

Cheers
    vaidehi

8. Shruthi .R

Shruthi .R New IL'ite

I recently bought a Sumeet mixie from Chennai for Rs.6980 (USD$175 ) for 110 volt use. While bringing in transit, the US Custom removed my jars as it had " sharp blades " in it. I was so upset :( Later i managed to buy two jars.

Finally when I started the unit for the first time, it was very loud and i saw smoke and sparks. The Motor died on me. I tried many store and web site, none would provide repair service as the unit was not bought through them here in the USA. Warranty is not valid here in the USA, if you buy your mixie from India.

So I gave up on my Sumeet and I later bought a Hamilton blender for $45 I was not happy the motor struggled to grind for idli, dosai or coconut chutney.. as days went by I could not tolerate my blender.
    So I started to shop for indian mixie, many brands are available with my intense research with my friends,relatives and internet .. I came to this link. I decided to buy preethi Mixie from www.perfectpeninsula.com

Now I am using it for past 11 months it works like a breeze and I am very impressed ! The product is above my expectation.

So, I thought of writing my experience in this link, so people like me would consider buying mixie here in the USA as the price you pay in India for 110 volt is almost the price you pay here in $$ and above all it is backed up with USA warranty as these are appliances that you need wear and tear spare parts and service. So my lesson is think before you buy. :hatsoff

Attached Files:

9. gayathripraveen

gayathripraveen New IL'ite

110 volt Mixie in Coiimbatore

Hi,
    If any one can let me know where i can get a 100 volt Mixie in Coiimbatore it would be of great help.
    I have tried in Ideal stores...
    If anyone can tell me this information, it would be great.

Thanks,
    Gayathri

10. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nikhath,

You can go for "preethi" up to me that is the best one. I am using the same mixe for the past 18 years. I bought one for Saudi also.

"Preethi ki nan garanti":idea:thumbsup