1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mixed feelings-Meeting and Parting

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 1, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Meeting and parting is a part of life. In every meeting there is some joy but when its time to part it is very difficult , especially when we have to part with our children. It takes some days to become normal again.

My daughter with her husband and daughter had come for a short visit. They had to meet so many relatives and friends so they had only 3 days to spend with us, in that time also we had to go to bank etc. Now Gopika has grown up and will be 7 years in February , so she talks well and its very nice to spend time with her. Was very happy that they came at this part of the year. Since Gopika is completing 7 years gave her 7 gifts and she was very happy. They were staying in her sister in law'shouse who is my brother's wife as her mother in law also with her , came here for 3 days and went back to attend a birthday party and glad again they came yesterday as they left some luggage of theirs here. Glad at the end of the year they could take our blessings.

My son and daughter in law gave a surprise . My daughte rin law told me to stay at home today between 10 and 11 a.m. . Morning she informed me that my son has c0me. He also gave a surprise by coming My son had to go for an urgent meeting and dil had urgent work int he office , so they could not come but sent yummy choclate cake with Happy New Year written and yummy chocolates. Since my daughter, son in law and grand daughter came made my grand daughter cut the cake and they all enjoyed the cake .
    They were there yesterday only for sometime and after they left I missed them and felt very sad.

Yesterday night the building people invited us for a get together at 10 pm. Mama did not come but I went and enjoyed playing games, asked me to sing a song and I sang a Bhajan. Was there till 12 pm. after that came back home. Felt this year started well being with new friends . Actually the children had arranged for the get together and they only invited too. Enjoyed witht eh children too.

Felt this year started well being with friends. But that feeling was only till morning. Morning when I logged in got a sad news in whatsapp. My close friend who used to travel with me in the contract bus and who is like a brother and helped me a lot, his wife expired yesterday night. She must be in her fifties and has a daughter who is in final year, she was working as a Teacher . Felt very sad and could not do any work. She was a very active person and always used to brign a smile on everyone's face. So after finishing pooja at home we went to their house. Her school friends, daughter's college friends, relatives, office friends all had come .The house was full. How much we console him is not enough because it is a great loss for him. He is a very jolly person.

Parting with my daughter and granddaughter was so painful for me and miss them so much can understand how that friend must be feeling when his wife has left the world. It is a great loss for him. May her soul rest in peace and give him the strength to face the situation. If I was staying near his house atleast I could go and give him some courage.

Life is an echo. What you send out, comes back. What you sow, you reap. What you give, you get. What you see in others, exists in you. Remember, life is an echo. It always gets back to you. So give goodness.
    Life is like a coin…. Pleasure and pain are the two sides, Only one side is visible at time, But remember other side also waiting for its turn……….
    Always remember that this too shall pass away…..

5 people like this.

2. Sun18

Sun18 Gold IL'ite

As usual, another heart touching snippet from you ma.

Wish you a wonderful new year - blessed with love, peace, happiness, health and wealth.

The quotes at the end of snippet - are really nice. Nothing is permanent in the life - either happiness or pain.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for your immediate response Sun dear. Thank you for your good wishes and wish you and your family too a year filled with happiness, peace, health and suprises . Glad you liked the quotes. True nothing is permanent but feel sad when there is pain and happy during good times

1 person likes this.
  4. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

Thanks for sharing..

Yes, it is difficult to part temporarily, but immense pain to lose forever..
    Hope the family are able to bear the pain..

Take care,
    Vaidehi

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Yes Vijima, it is such fun when the house is full of people and then the empty feeling when they go away ..... but then unless they go away, they can't come to visit again. :-D So the count down to their next visit has started.

Sorry to hear about your friend's wife. May he find strength to face the loss.

1 person likes this.
  6. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Viji ma, very heart touching snippet and glad that your daughter's family visited you and you enjoyed the new year celebrations with them.

Felt sorry for your friend, may her soul rest in peace and may god give the family a lot of strength and courage to overcome the grief.

Life moves on with the people who are left out to carry the rest of the journey.

Except change nothing is permanent in this universe. And we should learn to accept the change.

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear sorry for the late reply. True since the children are away when they come feel very happy and sad when they go back. You are right unless they go they cant come to visit again. Will anxiously wait for their arrival soon

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @sreeram dear . Yes dear still cant believe that my friend is no more. Thanks for your consolence. True dear we should learn to accept the change and move on

1 person likes this.
  9. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

An heart touching snippt indeed. Whenever some guest come and leave our house, my kid will cry that they should not leave. It is so difficult to digest the silent environment after a sweet noise at our home.

very sorry to hear about your friend. Let god give enough strength to digest this mentally

1 person likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Vijiakka,

It is always difficult to let our children go out of our nest. After that, when they come, they bring a lot of joy for us and when they leave, it brings a sad feeling of their absence. Especially, grandchildren are a delight. As you know, my son is still pursuing his studies and is not married yet but he has adopted a lovely puppy Orion and left him to be raised by us here in town. Now I am going to India and hence I ended up dropping him off in my son's place for the next 25 days. You won't believe how I felt when I came back home after dropping him.

Every time I park my car in the garage, he would come running and stand at the entrance door wagging his tail as though he was seeing me for the first time. I miss that love so much. What to do? I have duties to go and visit my mother who is 85 years old every year. Besides we are performing Ekadasi Rudram in Chennai on Jan 10th for the general well-being of everyone.

Viswa

1 person likes this.