Missing husband badly

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by priyanka12345, Sep 5, 2011.

1. priyanka12345

priyanka12345 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

I am now in my 9th month of pregnancy. During start of 8th month I came to register my name at gynaec near my mom's place .Howvere gynaec said my cervix is getting softer and tubular and hence should take rest and not travel.

Hence I am at my mom's place since then. My husband though comes to see me each saturday, and we do talk over phone during rest of days, I really miss him.
    I keep thinking that life will change aftrer baby is born and we wont get much time together and need to enjoi the time rt now.

also on one hand my mom is very emotional and hence cannot tell her that now I would like to go to my husband's place for some time. Doctor had mentioned later I can travel to my husband's place atleast and not to work.

Now since I have entered 9th month of pregnancy I would want to stay for 1-2 weeks with husband.we stay with in laws and MIL can cook for me. so I can rest there too and work from home. and spend time with husband during evenings.

I really want to be with husband.I will st art by 35th week this saturday when I have appointmnet with gynaec. I am not sure if gynaec will allow to go to office. but atleast as she had mentioned before also that I can travel to husband;s place , I would want to go there. Husband also wants to be with me but he is considered of the road conditions as there are many potholes and road is not smooth for travel :(

I am confused how to handle this. If I can go this is the only time I can be with him. Bcos after 37 weeks I would have to be here at mom's place as anything can happen.
    Should I talk to mom or wait for appointment on 10th. I am really missing my husband.

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

dear priyanka,
    its true that you would be missing your husband but you are in your 35th week already.so in a week's time u can expect anything.i mean many people get delivered at 36-37 weeks.not necessarily only after that.if your husband is also in mumbai but at a far off place tell him to stay these few weeks at your parent place and commute to work.i suggest you going there wudnt be that safe especially when the doc has mentioned to take rest

3. priyanka12345

He is not comfortable staying with my parents and also the house is small so we wont get the needed privacy. Actually doc had mentioned 15 days back that I could travel to my husband's place which is 1 hr from mom's place too. However we did not go as wanted to complete 34 weeks atleast.Now since I have crossed that stage was thinking if its fine to go in 36th week and spend 1 week atleast. also later once baby is born I would be not going to husband's place atleast for 2-3 months :(. That is also bothering me .Also my mom wont like if i go before 2 months after my baby is born. she will emotionally blackmail me and say things like " here u stayed for 25 yrs and now you are not reacy to stay for 2 months also " which will make me feel guilty.
    I really am confused..

4. priyanka12345

59 views and only 1 reply.. I really want advice and be at peace.

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You are only one hour away and all this drama? Are you in some medical crisis? Other wise I don't see why you don't rent a smooth car and go. Only my two cents I am not a doctor. Go to doctor early and make a decision.

6. priyanka12345

earlier in 8th month doc had mentioned that cervix is slightly tubular. and she mentioned abt risk of preterm and hence no travelling due to potholes in mumbai. Hence am at mom's place .

7. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

If you are concerned for your baby's safety and feel there is a risk, stay where you are.
    If you want to be with your husband no matter what, then go ahead. You are a grown woman now, and should be able to handle your mother's emotions.

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I personally think you should stay back and get hubby to visit you as often as he can. I mean, 1 hour travel is certainly not much. I travel 1.5 hour each way to office. Request your hubby to come visit you every other day. This will mean that you can meet him, yet, not travel. Hope this helps.

Good luck with your delivery. I pray that everything goes well.

1 person likes this.
  9. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Priyanka, congratulations on the pregnancy!

You already have the answers to your question :)...just a matter of accepting them now..Your heart is longing to meet your hubby which is understandable considering the reasons you mentioned in your first post, but your mind is leading you to stay back because of medical reasons. If I were you, I would have listened to my mind, taking into consideration the state of the pregnancy, and the seriousness of the medical issue you mentioned. If this was a week or two back, then it would have been fine to allow yourself some lenience in this matter..but now is NOT the time methinks..So just stay back, and request your hubby to keep meeting you as often as he can..Since the travel time is the same, whether you go to him or he comes to you, it makes more sense that HE visits you since you have a medical problem!
    Wish you a smooth and safe delivery :thumbsup..

10. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

I go with the suggestions of Rakhii and Stork.Your DH could come and visit you and maybe go out for walks etc.
    That should be good for you and the lil one.Also, if your mother is concerned , its okay.All mothers are!Especially when the daughters get pregnant.You are lucky to be staying home and being pampered by your mom.Make the most of it and stay happy.Eventually you will move back to your husbands place and your mother will be left with memories you leave today.
    This is my personal opinion.
    You should go by what your heart says :)
    Take care and have a smooth delivery.