Missed Period, Negative Pregnancy Test

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by aspha, Apr 26, 2016.

1. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

Background: I had my period on 24 March 2016, which means I should have got my next period between 21 and 24 April. I always have had 28 days cycles and never had any issues with my periods. I did take a HPT on Monday 25 April 2016 which came back negative. Due date calculator says I would be 4 weeks and 5 days preggo. I don't have any pregnancy symptoms other than mild cramping, backache, etc

My question is: Is 4 weeks too early for a HPT to give accurate results?
    This would be my second pregnancy. Many of you might have read my struggle conceiving the first one. On this background what all do you think might be happening?

I have scheduled an appointment with my OB/gyn but will have to wait for another week and this wait is killing me!

2. nekkanti

nekkanti Bronze IL'ite

Check back in a week.. You may have ovulated late last month

aspha likes this.
  3. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

You should wait another week post your period date. a week delay can probably increase your chances of being pregnant. check after a week

4. waiting4rmlong

waiting4rmlong Gold IL'ite

Aspha,

Period can come usually before 1 week or 1 week delay generally. So wait for 1 week and then try HPT test. All the best. I can understand when we are expecting some thing waiting and all will test our patience.

aspha likes this.
  5. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Thank you ladies! Finally got my period today! I was so stressed and really I do not have the courage to go through all the preggo or not stress! I am happy with my only baby!